Matchmaking

Zekka
Zekka
✭✭✭✭
I understand that battlegrounds population is tiny so not even the best matchmaking algorithm in the world can make 100% balanced teams out of the small pool of players to guarantee fun matches for everyone but ESO BGs has to have the worst, and I mean by far the WORST matchmaking system of any game I've ever played, to the point I sincerely believe that a completely random system would be better.
And it's one of the numerous reasons why battlegrounds are dead, on top of forcing objective game modes on players who don't want to play them, not making any new content for them and the fact that there is nothing of value to win while being costly in good food/potions/poisons to participate.

So please ZOS, at least fix the matchmaking and by fix I mean code a real one not the current joke that clearly only uses the amount of matches played, a matchmaking that takes into consideration:

Character stats
Amount of deathmatch victories
Kill/Death ratio
Average damage dealt
Average healing done
Loadout and skills slotted when teleported to a BG so the one healer in the match isn't placed with the 3 already hard to kill 5 stars staminators making it a complete massacre
And most importantly CLASS, so the matchmaking system doesn't shove 3 nightblades and one DK in one team, that one DK will most likely have a miserable experience and leave before the end.

I I can't count the amount of matches I've dropped before they even started because I see two stamblades with less than 20k hp and bows outs in my team while seeing good BG regulars in the other teams.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny, this will take them 5 years. Do you know how much time they needed to fix the dungeon queue? And they do not even check some stats just to match tank healer and 2 dps.
    Because I can!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Funny, this will take them 5 years.

Whoa there speedy. Not so fast. Try 10 years.
    PC NA
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, it is basically non existent. Their first step in fixing matchmaking is to make pvp or BG more attractive to increase population. It is the most important prerequisite for a proper matchmaking system.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why we need a real ranking system, not this [snip] hiden mmr

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 9, 2021 3:09PM
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Dakkx
    Dakkx
    ✭✭✭
    The best thing they could do for mmr is to delete it. Make it first come first serve when you queue.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dakkx wrote: »
    The best thing they could do for mmr is to delete it. Make it first come first serve when you queue.

And this is how you get new BGers never wanting to step in BG again after getting slaughtered by BG regulars.

Those 500-100-0 matches aren't fun for anyone.
  • EndOfGreen
    Zekka wrote: »
    Amount of deathmatch victories
    Kill/Death ratio
    Average damage dealt
    Average healing done
    Absolutely agree with the TS on this. Sometimes matches can be so unbalanced, so when two teams meet together, one just completely wipes out another team in a blink of an eye.
    Having a deathmatch resulted in 400+ scores for all three teams is a very rare event

• mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need way to lose mmr right now you only gain but not lose. Not every players are best someone want easier enemys.
  • ganj1234
    ganj1234
    ✭✭✭
    would it be *hear me out* a bad idea to give the bg group finder a healer/tank dps 2x role select? I know people wouldn't necessarily honor this (i.e random norms etc), but might give a little incentive to have more evenly balanced teams. BG's is the most fun when you've got a variety of builds per team (i.e a couple brawlers, a caster, a healer etc.). Perhaps there's different role select options specific to BGs, though I don't know exactly what those would be called.

I feel like this is asking for a lot, but something like this could allow players to 1. have properly balanced team comps, 2. seriously consider what part they play / how they contribute when entering an instance team pvp, and 3. create better player + playstyle identity.

An implementation such as this could feel polarizing at the beginning but I think would ultimately benefit the overall health of BGs. I've been somewhat of a BG sweat for YEARS and I'm still waiting for Zos to expand upon / fine tune this game mode, because right now it feels really bare bones and somewhat inconsequential. Lotta potential to flesh this out, so please consider this game mode and take it seriously -- because we certainly do :)
    @x.Elle_x - PC/NA DC magblade sweat and fashion extraordinaire✿ Guild: Black Fire