Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Please let me pin/favorite items from my collections!

deleted220803-000767
deleted220803-000767
Soul Shriven
I'd like to be able to pin my favorite items from my collections to the top of the list. The search is pretty good, but having my best cosmetics available at a glance would be amazing.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Haywire30
    Haywire30
    ✭✭✭
    I will agree with this feature being added. As the costumes, mounts, and hairstyles increase, it becomes more and more of an ordeal to have to trawl through to find things. As an example, my Altmer chars ter uses three different hairstyles depending on what I'm doing or where I am in Roleplay. Because I bought the vanilla pack, I have to go through dozens of styles to find the one I'm after... Every time I switch. It's the same with the costumes. I have a modest collection, but even that can be tedious to trawl through.

So... Yes. Fully agreed that this should become a QoL feature.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, per account and per character
  • deleted220803-000767
    deleted220803-000767
    Soul Shriven
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Yes, per account and per character

Yeah! Zeni make it happen~
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    votan73 wrote: »

That's my current solution.

It's not as good as a proper favourite system because if I select anything, no matter how briefly, it ends up at the top of the list so keeping my favourites there means remembering to apply them all again after I've used other stuff. But as far as I know it's the nearest options we've got.

But of course addons aren't available on consoles so it's not available to 2/3 of players.

I'd love it if ZOS added a proper favourites system to the game. It would make using all the different collectables easier.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes totally! :smiley: Would be a really nice Quality of Life change!

Though... I admit I found it pretty funny that we have so many collectibles that we're suffering from success. :lol: Such a first world problem isn't it? 'I have so many digital luxuries in my video game that I can barely find what I want' :smiley:
    fashionistas.png
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    I have written an addon that does something like this for pets and mounts . I had not thought of expanding it to other collectibles. Since I just finished working on these, working on other collectibles sounds like something the community is interested in. I am currently working on an addon that allows you to link a pet to a mount, so mount A can be linked to pet 3, mount C linked to pet 13, mount B to pet 27, and so on. When you each time you mount, a randomly selected mount is used and the associated pet is summoned. (There is a bit more of behind-the-scenes mechanics, but you get the point).

I guess I will be working my way through the other collectibles. Costumes and hairstyles were mentioned. Any other areas I should try to look at?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have written an addon that does something like this for pets and mounts . I had not thought of expanding it to other collectibles. Since I just finished working on these, working on other collectibles sounds like something the community is interested in. I am currently working on an addon that allows you to link a pet to a mount, so mount A can be linked to pet 3, mount C linked to pet 13, mount B to pet 27, and so on. When you each time you mount, a randomly selected mount is used and the associated pet is summoned. (There is a bit more of behind-the-scenes mechanics, but you get the point).

I guess I will be working my way through the other collectibles. Costumes and hairstyles were mentioned. Any other areas I should try to look at?

I think that sounds like a good addon for other purposes, but it wouldn't help me with this problem at all because it changes them at random.

I want to be able to mark favourites so they're easy to find when I choose to apply them. For example my warden has long, loose hair by default and I like to tie it back when she's going into delves. There's one ponytail style I prefer, but I can never remember what it's called so I often end up wasting time going through several of them to find it. I want a way to keep that style (and the others I use regularly) at the top of the list, or otherwise mark them so they're easy to find, but I don't want her hairstyle to randomly switch when I go into new areas or whatever.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make use of this addon, which interfaces wonderfully with my chosen gear and skillbar management addon, AlphaGear-2.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2411-AlphaStyle.html
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this up because it's the most recent topic I've found on the subject (there's been a lot) and I've finally found an addon that does exactly what I've been wanting for years! As I know it's been a popular request I wanted to share the news:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3119-IsJustaFavoriteCollectiblesWIP.html

It's a lot like Votan's Most Recently Used, but instead of ones you used last it moves any you mark as favourites to a new section at the top of the list. It's embedded in the collectibles menu rather than using a separate one and they appear in the same order as in the main menu.

It even groups mounts and pets together in a dedicated 'favourites' section instead of having a section in each of the mount/pet type menus.

The only problem I had with it is that by default your favourites are shared across characters instead of being unique to each one, but that's easy to fix (and might be something the addon author changes in future.)
    1. If you've used it before open the SavedVariables folder and delete the file IsJustaFavoriteCollectibles.lua
    2. Open your Addons folder and find the one for Favourite Collectibles
    3. Right Click IsJustaFavoriteCollectibles.lua and choose Open With
    4. Choose Notepad (or a similar basic text editor)
    5. Press Ctrl+F
    6. Type Saved and click Find Next
    7. Check it's found the line ZO_SavedVars:NewAccountWide
    8. Delete the AccountWide part
    9. Click File, Save