The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trolhetta cave quest

Shadow_Akula
Shadow_Akula
✭✭✭✭✭
There's a quest marker next to a dead soldier just inside the enterance of trolhetta cave, it's not letting me pick up the quest instead my character does the animation of kneeling down and standing back up but no quest shows up. Anyone else have this problem? Can it not be done at the same time as "Securing the Pass"?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Names of the Fallen, and should be doable at the same time as Securing the Pass (in fact, it is recommended that you do that, as the objectives run in parallel through the cave). It may be that the "Pact Amulet" item that you are trying to pick up has not appeared properly; try leaving the cave and relogging. If that doesn't work, try abandoning Securing the Pass (since you're right at the beginning of it), port to another zone, log off for fifteen minutes, and then try again. This allows the area to do a "soft reset", which may allow the item to spawn properly.
    Edited by Enodoc on March 2, 2016 2:27PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ thanks, I tried porting to another zone and coming back and then tried logging out and back in (logged back in after 30 mins) but it's still not working.
    But now I have the quest name I can send a message to the customer service about the quest.
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on March 2, 2016 2:51PM
  • dstowenspub19_ESO
    I was having the same problem, until I realized the item the dead pact soldiers were supposed to have was the "Pact Amulet" that another character had already gotten. So, called up the banker, withdrew the amulet, and TADA problem resolved.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah this is a weird one, you pick up the item, and then use the item to start the quest.
    PC NA