The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How well does the "Leyawiin Wall, Castle Door Arch" fit the Zenithar Adytum Gate?

B0SSzombie
B0SSzombie
✭✭✭✭✭
After all it took to get that Gate, it's pretty disappointing that it just doesn't fit anywhere. And the fact that it opens INWARD makes it much more difficult to build a frame.

Can anyone on PTS tell me if the new "Leyawiin Wall, Castle Door Arch" structural Furnishing fits the gate in the slightest?
Edited by B0SSzombie on July 19, 2021 3:40PM
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I can confirm that the Zenithar gate is much huger than the doorway, like 2X bigger. I don’t have a picture on hand but I was trying to make a custom house on PTS and the Zenithar gate, while nice and lore-friendly for what I wanted, is a bit too big for a front door for anything that’s not like a castle or fortress.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »
    Sorry, I can confirm that the Zenithar gate is much huger than the doorway, like 2X bigger. I don’t have a picture on hand but I was trying to make a custom house on PTS and the Zenithar gate, while nice and lore-friendly for what I wanted, is a bit too big for a front door for anything that’s not like a castle or fortress.

Well shoot. As is, the Gate is more of a display piece than a functional door.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is intended to fit in the Pantherfang Chapel.
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I saw a video with the door being used in Pantherfang, but I don't know anywhere else where it will fit.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked it on the pts, it doesn't go with the wall opening, you can only partially see it:

tcdd1cy9749b.png
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    On the video the door only fits the bedroom on the top floor of pantherfang chapel fort. I put a link to the video. 9 minutes in you can see Zanithar gate. There is some clipping but it works for the most part. I have the Zenithar gate and will be getting Pantherfang so I'll test it out myself. I took the PTS off to save space so I can't test it now.

The video is from Emma's Gaming Corner kudos to her for making this video.

video
    Edited by LaughingGremlin on August 4, 2021 12:03AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That’s a really cool door.

Too bad the grind is way too much for me to stomach. The few hours I spent there I have got nothing.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    I checked it on the pts, it doesn't go with the wall opening, you can only partially see it:

tcdd1cy9749b.png

How unfortunate. It's a pity there is no matching arch and wall so we can make use of it. Then what is the point of grinding for it, rather than "collect"? Who thought this was a good idea?
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »

tcdd1cy9749b.png

How unfortunate. It's a pity there is no matching arch and wall so we can make use of it. Then what is the point of grinding for it, rather than "collect"? Who thought this was a good idea?

Right?

At most, it's just an elaborate wall decoration now.

Unless you feel like using over a dozen structural furnishings to "mold" a doorway for it.

But I imagine a lot of the community doesn't have the budget for that.
  • WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed that the Zenithar gate doesn't fit anywhere :D
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah I bought all pieces before ZOS even fix it just to find later that the gates doesn't fit to Dawnlight Palace doorways
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s a really cool door.

Too bad the grind is way too much for me to stomach. The few hours I spent there I have got nothing.

Go to the area where Grapnur the Crusher and Burthar Meatwise spawn (Zenithar Abbey Dungeon), they dropped Inscribed Shard every time I defeated them and sometimes the Minotaurs in that area would occasionally drop one as well. Hope this helps.
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • NSatin
    NSatin
    ✭✭
    Dumb question:

In Pantherfang, for the doorway areas where the Zenithar door is meant to go, for example the master bedroom, is it possible to use one of the new Leyawiin structural furnishings to make a wall? I'm thinking specifically of the Leyawiin arch that fits the Leyawiin gate. This way it would fit in and look like part of the castle, but you'd have a real door/gate as well.

Not sure if I explained what I'm asking well lol.