The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why not have craftable furnishings that can be created with different raw materials?

Sambucca1973
Sambucca1973
✭✭✭
While crafting some things for a guildmate, it occurred to me: why not allow us to craft items using actual raw materials so that we can create differently colored items? Like Dwarven ore would create green items, rubedite -> red items, ebony -> black items, maple through yew -> shades of white, etc. (Probably wouldn't work too well with a lot of clothier craftables, since many of them are multi-color. But many wood/stone/metal craftables seem mostly one color.)

It would definitely help with creating different themes and fitting color schemes. Alternatively, being able to dye things, a la the Costume Stations, could also work.

And looking around my own homes at craftable things, I can't help but think "Uh, yeah. This would look better in a different color."

What do you all think? Possible at all (even if probably not going to happen)?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are referring to crafted gear like armor and weapons, those different materials already have a use in determining the gear’s level. It does actually change the color of the armor if I remember correctly.

As for furnishing items, we don’t use ore or wood for those but instead use regulus and heartwood.

I can’t imagine that all of the existing furnishing plans would be changed at this point to include wood or ore, that’s a lot of work. I’m not a fan of adding even more mats to make them, either.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While crafting some things for a guildmate, it occurred to me: why not allow us to craft items using actual raw materials so that we can create differently colored items? Like Dwarven ore would create green items, rubedite -> red items, ebony -> black items, maple through yew -> shades of white, etc. (Probably wouldn't work too well with a lot of clothier craftables, since many of them are multi-color. But many wood/stone/metal craftables seem mostly one color.)

It would definitely help with creating different themes and fitting color schemes. Alternatively, being able to dye things, a la the Costume Stations, could also work.

And looking around my own homes at craftable things, I can't help but think "Uh, yeah. This would look better in a different color."

What do you all think? Possible at all (even if probably not going to happen)?

I love your idea it's brilliant. It would addd some uniqueness to our homes too