The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What a joke

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
I love this game when it comes to pve.

But I found myself needing pvp achievements. So I started with no cp bgs.
[Snip]
People are crying out for fixes. I see posts every day asking to fix battlegrounds.

So logic would determine they are actively ignoring people.

I literally just did a battleground where I was the only damage dealer on my team. Both enemy teams were running tank builds with healers. And even though I have full crit resist and a proper pvp build I am still getting 2 shot. This isn't fun by any standard.

Pve and questing content is fine. You can keep the game alive in bursts by pushing more content every year.
But you will lose players and have to bring them back with each expansion.

You really should be more focused on making the group content more enjoyable. This is what will keep your player base consistent over time.

[Edited for bashing]
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 20, 2021 12:19PM
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slimwaffle wrote: »

[Snip]
    People are crying out for fixes. I see posts every day asking to fix battlegrounds.

I literally just did a battleground where I was the only damage dealer on my team. Both enemy teams were running tank builds with healers. And even though I have full crit resist and a proper pvp build I am still getting 2 shot. This isn't fun by any standard.

Pve and questing content is fine. You can keep the game alive in bursts by pushing more content every year.

You really should be more focused on making the group content more enjoyable. This is what will keep your player base consistent over time.

With the risk of falling into the ban-web... you should make a distinction between the developers and the owners. I imagine that the developers would want to make the best game they can[snip]

I understand your frustration, but put the blame where it belongs.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 20, 2021 12:19PM
  • Noerra
    Noerra
    ✭✭✭
    I found that it can be hit and miss.

Some matches my build feels godly and I can go 32 and 1 K/D and other matches I'm absolute poo poo.

I figure it is more of a A beats B and B beats C, but C beats A thing.

Sometimes I get outplayed, sometimes they have better teamwork, sometimes I can 1vX a entire team....

I just try to do the best I can do with every match.. and if my strategy doesn't work, I try something else.

I share your frustration sometimes though, when I have a few games in which I can barely do anything and die instantly...

I've gotten a lot better since then though... and even if I can get 2 shot from 31k to 0... I have learned to better utilize my blocks, rolls, buffs, abilities, cleanses, and environment to survive longer...

There has been times where I was able to get out the the fight with 2% hp and one of their stam sorcs or something chases me... but I rolled and didn't died, used the walls to line of sight and heal, then lined up a massive burst of damage on the guy.

I think what you might be frustrated with is how much damage we can do in this current patch. It makes it much harder to learn because you can get deleted so fast. I personally love the current balance of pvp. There are some things I wish would change of course.... mainly server latency/performance/lag problems.... and that my weapon swap will work when I want it to so I don't accidently waste all my resources casting a defensive over and over thinking that I'm doing damage and then I die XP

Anyways... I feel you but I also disagree. Hope we can learn from each other's viewpoints and opinions.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [Snip]

It's very poor customer service on ZOS part. This is not a vocal minority of PvPers complaining. It's a set of systemic issues that are not being addressed.

Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 20, 2021 2:35PM
    PC NA
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Snip]

You describe them as "tank builds" but say they "2 shot you". With respect, tanks dont 2 shot people, high damage builds might. I advise taking a step back, then consider how to improve your builds mitigation, whether you should have blocked or dodged, how you could have positioned yourself better etc.

It is easy to blame the game. It is far harder to admit you should change playstyle to improve your chances at being a good pvper. Yet, the second is what you need to do.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 20, 2021 12:21PM
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »

[Snip]

You describe them as "tank builds" but say they "2 shot you". With respect, tanks dont 2 shot people, high damage builds might. I advise taking a step back, then consider how to improve your builds mitigation, whether you should have blocked or dodged, how you could have positioned yourself better etc.

It is easy to blame the game. It is far harder to admit you should change playstyle to improve your chances at being a good pvper. Yet, the second is what you need to do.

I have nearly every achievement for battlegrounds. My ability to understand the game isn't the issue. Its easy to blame players when they point out issues with a game you love. Cyrodiil and sewers pvp is frigging solid. But battlegrounds there are posts almost every single day asking to fix them.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 20, 2021 12:21PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on your other posts it sounds like you recently started doing Battlegrounds?

I ask because full crit resist and a proper PVP build will only get you so far. It takes practice and lots of it to use that build effectively. (I've been there - back in 2017 I built myself a Blazeplar that the forums assured me was a god-tier 1vXer. I took it into Cyrodiil, and promptly discovered I didn't know how to play a Blazeplar and died. I died a lot. Meanwhile, Blazeplars were legitimately so overpowered in the hands of a practiced player that ZOS nuked them from orbit in the Morrowind patch. Any PVP build takes practice.)

When you describe being two-shotted by tanky builds in BGs, I would consider whether or not you ran into someone who is actively defending themselves until the time when they unload their burst damage on you.

When you attack a tanky build, do you have a burst damage combo you've practiced and can do effectively? Are you waiting until there's a break in their defenses to do your combo or is your damage being wasted as they turtle up?

When you get two-shotted, are you actively defending yourself with ticking HOTS, buffs, movement/LOS, and blocking/dodge rolling at the right times? When you get to 60% health, are you going back on the defensive and moving to safety?

As for the composition of BG groups, the only thing you can do is make a group of your own. Then at least you won't have to complain about your teammates lacking damage.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil and sewers pvp is frigging solid..

Eh...
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, ESO PvP is very exciting to play for me. I do have an issue however, when players take little damage and dish out a lot of damage. Stacking defensive buffs is too powerful in this game.

That being said, try using heavy armor, if you want some light or medium set, try placing it on rings and weapon, one slot will go medium or light for that set. That way you can have heavy armor. Also... Block block block.