The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rending Slashes and Way of the Fire 2 second ticks.

SpiNfuZer
SpiNfuZer
I believe rending slashes ticks every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. Way of fire has a 2 second cooldown. So why does way of fire not proc 5 times? There must be some lag or something going on. Please consider reducing cooldown to something like 1.9 seconds so that it properly ticks during each rending slash tick (or any other weapon skill that ticks every 2 seconds).

• jjjozo
    jjjozo
    ✭✭✭
    "When you deal damage with a weapon, you deal an additional *** Flame Damage. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage."

I believe it procs on light/heavy attacks and on any weapon ability used.
    I would say that it doesn't proc on DoT's.
  • SpiNfuZer
    SpiNfuZer
    Rending Slashes and Quick Cloak are weapon abilities. It does proc on weapon ability DoT's.

Below are screen shots of one Rending Slashes and one Quick Cloak:

w17hmmofa2qn.png

ligmthm7csni.png

After several tests, sometimes you can get anywhere from 4 to 6 procs on a dummy using Rending Slashes. You get 1 if you get one on the initial slashes and then 1 for each 2 seconds during the next 10 seconds. This behavior should be more consistent and it should always be 6. Who knows how many procs get missed in lag.