Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High Hrothgar festival mints & Sailor's grog no longer working

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
Chewing these would make your character icy cold and pure white. Not anymore. Nothing happens.
Edited by maboleth on August 2, 2021 10:46PM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested Sailor's warning festival grog - it used to make you drunk, greenish vision and loooong delayed voices.

Not working.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had an alt with some High Hrothgar Mints still kicking around the bottom of his bag for no particular reason so I ate them to test, but as soon as I left my inventory screen after, whatever animation would or would not have played was canceled by his custom idle animation. The ground under him got frosty but he did not. Sorry that doesn't really confirm it one way or another, but for me it half worked even though I bungled it.
    Still, if you're using a personality that might have a similar effect of canceling the animation for these consumables.
    PC NA
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still don't work, even with the latest patch.

No animation is shown on a char. Doesn't matter if using a personality or not.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Still neither of them are working and we are coming to the last feature patch before New Life so this is going to be a weird one.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed... have you tested it on a PTS? @HowellQagan
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you checked the expiration date printed on the bottom?
    PC NA
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Indeed... have you tested it on a PTS? @HowellQagan

No, I can't be bothered to download the PTS client, but I doubt it's fixed if they didn't include it in the pts patch notes.

I'll include the bug report I just sent ingame not that it will amount to anything.

Ticket: 211004-003511
    Sailor's Warning Festival Grog (112441) and High Hrothgar Festival Mints (112442) consumable items no longer work. They are available at event-related merchants during the New Life Festival.

Normally the Grog adds a post-processing effect of blur and green haze to the screen and makes every sfx play drawn out, while applying the Very Drunk (86740) effect to the player.
    The Mints normally make the character turn into a semi-transparent ice statue with icy mist flowing from them with marks of ice appearing at their feet, and also applies the Very Cold (86794) status to the player.

Currently the Grog does nothing apart from applying the status effect (buff) and the Mints applies the status effect and the ice marks appear on the ground but no ice-statuesque transformation or flowing mist.

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that report Howell.
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Have you checked the expiration date printed on the bottom?

hmmm now that you mentioned.... xD
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Update:

If you use the Grog and change zones (and load in quickly enough, entering outlaw refuges are best for testing this, probably), the effect applies for the remainder of the duration. So it's still there it just doesn't apply for whatever reason.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Still bugged.
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Both of them still, guess it's not gonna get fixed for New Life, the event during which they can be acquired.
    Nice.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you see, nobody cares. I stopped to care too, it is what it is. Though, New Life is yet to come... but hardly see it as a last minute fix.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunate that this thread has been up since August, and now at the very end of the year, one of the unique items for New Life isn't working & nobody cares. I've made in-game bug reports too.

I used to buy a bunch & add them to my trades sometimes for something fun. Just disappointed that it doesn't matter to anyone at ZOS even at New Life.

Maybe @ZOS_Kevin can get something started and by next year's New Life we can get a fix, since 5 months notice was too short. :(
    Edited by LurgidBean on December 17, 2021 2:48PM
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for pinging me here, @LurgidBean. We’ll make note of this for the team now.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    I used to buy a bunch & add them to my trades sometimes for something fun. Just disappointed that it doesn't matter to anyone at ZOS even at New Life.

Tell me about it, I'm sitting on 1k of each in my bank :'D
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for pinging me here, @LurgidBean. We’ll make note of this for the team now.

And the team will fix this asap. :D

I have reported this back in August... Numerous people did bug report in game too. You had months of time before the festival, but now you're like "making note to the team now".
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently this was fixed sometime ago. My guess is the High Isle patch.