The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Idea that would make zen make a lot of money!

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
Racial Passive Change token price 1000-2000 crowns, you can swap any races passives with your current race.
So let's say, you can be a nord with high elf racial passives

Was playing warframe and remembered there's a system like this there , i mean not like this, but close enough
Edited by francesinhalover on August 2, 2021 4:46AM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah no thx. If someone wants the passives for a certain race there are race change tokens already available.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd probably pay for this! Or at least get someone to gift me it. I'm pretty staunch about only playing as Imperials and I know it hurts a lot of my builds- like the mag blade I'm currently leveling. I'd much rather she have Khajiit passives.

And it wouldn't hurt class balance since you're only replacing your passives with another classes passives. So you're not hurting the hardcore meta players while making the game better for us weird ass role players 😊
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your racial passives make almost no difference to your effectiveness.
    Are you a casual player that wants to role-play a certain race or are you a min-maxed that wants the highest possible DPS?

I feel like they have to be mutually exclusive groups of players. Just play the race you want to play and you'll be able to complete any and all content just fine.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love this. Then I can play a magicka Redguard that's actually worth a dang.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the more likely thing you could see is a racial polymorph so it would work the other way around. You keep your racial passives, but could unlock a polymorph to look like another race.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veya hair
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah seems kind of scummy to allow this for crowns.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »
    Yeah no thx. If someone wants the passives for a certain race there are race change tokens already available.

It's different because for that you also need to change how your char look like.
    For players like me that only play with one char and identify with it that is a bad thing.

• Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Are you a casual player that wants to role-play a certain race or are you a min-maxed that wants the highest possible DPS?

I feel like they have to be mutually exclusive groups of players. Just play the race you want to play and you'll be able to complete any and all content just fine.

What about a player that started as a tank and choose Nord and now want to play as DD?
    No Trials end group will accept my Nord DD because of his passives.
    And no, i can't use another char because I play only my main when i want achievments.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No thank you.

a) No need to offer ZOS yet another way to take money from the playerbase.
    b) It further incentivises them to “update” racial passives regularly, as they will make money every time they do.
    c) Racial passives are one of the few things that actually distinguish races in this game. Why on earth would we homogenise further than has already been done?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about a player that started as a tank and choose Nord and now want to play as DD?
    And no, i can't use another char because I play only my main when i want achievments.

There are lots of trial groups that will accept a Nord if he parses high enough. If you preform better than meta race dds as long as it is not a score pushing group your should be fine.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We had a Nord DD in last teifecta group I was in, no probs if you can pull of same weight as others.

I myself was chosen into first vethm prog group while was playing a strictly magicka race (dunmer at the time, way before all the racial changes) on a stamina character and was pulling as good as anyone else if not better at times. It's all up to you really, good motivation to be on top of your game at all times.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No ty. Silliness. May as well not even have different "races" then. Just make an avatar one generic stick man.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

250 weapon dmg, is like a a 5% dps boost on your rotations. I'm not sure why anyone would say it makes no difference.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know much about this or any other subject but I’ve read on the forum that Bosmer passives are used on Khajiit characters, with some players expressing disappointment.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's different because for that you also need to change how your char look like.
    For players like me that only play with one char and identify with it that is a bad thing.

What I don't get is how people who only play with one character and identify with it want constantly to change it. Surely identifying with it means sticking with it?
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

What I don't get is how people who only play with one character and identify with it want constantly to change it. Surely identifying with it means sticking with it?

Pretty sure they identify with their looks, achievements etc. and not with which colour their projectiles firing. More like changing the "job" from a nightblade to warden, as an example.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    while you're at it lets pay for class passives from different classes and use resto staff passives for sword n shield :joy:

No.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell that's cheaper than a name change token... If this were to be a thing, 5k crowns, easy.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lose what makes the races unique? No, thanks.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at the very least it would stop the Racial Passive musical chairs we get every year.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's pretty lore-smashing. No thanks.