The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ring of Pale Order ?

ADarklore
ADarklore
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm wondering if you need to have your Scrying/Excavation skills at a certain level for acquiring this or if it can be done at any level?

Also, any tips/tricks on this? I've done research and know where to go to get the pieces... just wondering if there is anything beyond that I need to know?

Thanks.
CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Disturbed_One
    Disturbed_One
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I'm wondering if you need to have your Scrying/Excavation skills at a certain level for acquiring this or if it can be done at any level?

Also, any tips/tricks on this? I've done research and know where to go to get the pieces... just wondering if there is anything beyond that I need to know?

Thanks.

They are all master leads, so your scrying needs to be at a level to be able to do Master level leads.

Don't remember which level that is exactly, and you need the skill points in to do that.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll need level 7 in scrying/excavation to do Master leads.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all master leads, so your scrying needs to be at a level to be able to do Master level leads.

Don't remember which level that is exactly, and you need the skill points in to do that.

Looks like level 7 is Master level, while 10 is Ultimate level.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like level 7 is Master level, while 10 is Ultimate level.

Yeah for Mythic items you only need level 7.

To level my skill lines I used the guide at https://dottzgaming.com/eso-guides/general/how-to-level-up-antiquities-1-10-fast-in-eso/
    Just follow the level phases and it goes pretty quick. A little boring, but it'll get you through.
    Edited by Alucardo on August 1, 2021 5:04PM
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    You also need the Treasury Hunter CP (50 craft points) or you may never get some of the leads.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    You also need the Treasury Hunter CP (50 craft points) or you may never get some of the leads.

You are the only person to mention this, as all the other guides I've read out there never state this at all, and if it were true, it would be all over the internet. If true, it would also only impact the lead in Bankorai as it is the only one that involves gaining a lead by opening a chest.

I found the following guide to be very useful as things are laid out very nicely. https://alcasthq.com/eso-antiquities-grind-guide-scrying-excavation-leveling/
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s some very thorough guides easily found on a simple search. Yes you need to level scrying and excavation.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are the only person to mention this, as all the other guides I've read out there never state this at all, and if it were true, it would be all over the internet. If true, it would also only impact the lead in Bankorai as it is the only one that involves gaining a lead by opening a chest.

I found the following guide to be very useful as things are laid out very nicely. https://alcasthq.com/eso-antiquities-grind-guide-scrying-excavation-leveling/

Yep, I got that lead on all my accounts by opening chests I ran across in that zone. Three of them were intermediate, one advanced. I let it expire on everyone, I haven't any use for the ring.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ring is really handy.

With treasure Hunter I'd say it took me two hours and maybe 40 chests to get that lead. Know plenty of other people who just got it randomly without really trying.

I'd say it's one of the easier pieces to get the leads for.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I got it on my third chest.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Search in the forums for tips on the Bad Mans Hollows lead. There are many, many threads on it at this point... Good luck o7
    PC NA
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh... no.

There is a treasure chest lead in Bangkorai, but Treasure Hunter shouldn't affect its drop rate at all.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way has anyone found more than 2 of The Reach Pale Order lead? I've done rings for alts hard way (instead of reconstructing) to get the keen eye treasure chest passive to 2nd level (the coldharbor node lead seems rarer then before) but that particular lead simply is not on the table 3rd time for me.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Search in the forums for tips on the Bad Mans Hollows lead. There are many, many threads on it at this point... Good luck o7

That one took me like 2 hours. I did it late at night when I was pretty much the only person in there so I wasn't competing to get to the mobs first.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    By the way has anyone found more than 2 of The Reach Pale Order lead? I've done rings for alts hard way (instead of reconstructing) to get the keen eye treasure chest passive to 2nd level (the coldharbor node lead seems rarer then before) but that particular lead simply is not on the table 3rd time for me.

I've seen it mentioned in the bug subforum a few times, might be worth searching in there if search works for you (doesn't for me unfortunately)
    Soupy twist
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭

Uh... no.

There is a treasure chest lead in Bangkorai, but Treasure Hunter shouldn't affect its drop rate at all.

I opened over 20 chests, all failed

Next day I slotted treasury hunter and the second or third one worked
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh... no.

I opened over 20 chests, all failed

Next day I slotted treasury hunter and the second or third one worked

That was a coincidence.

The chance for the lead to drop is rolled separately from the item contents, and does not scale based on the lock quality of the chest.

Treasure Hunter modifies the item rolls. Specifically, it adds an additional roll for a set item.

Treasure Hunter does not, and never has, modified non-standard drop rolls attached to chests. So, Treasure Hunter doesn't affect your chances of getting Buoyant Armiger pages on Vvardenfell, for example. It also does not modify the amount of gold you find (though there is a champion point star for that.) It does not affect lead drop rates, and given it predates leads even being a thing by five years, it would be pretty bizarre if that was actually related.

So, no, it doesn't.

This would be like taking a 20 sided dice, rolling it on your desk a few dozen times and never getting a 20, then slotting Treasure Hunter in game, rolling it three times, getting a 3, 15, and a 20, and then claiming, "slotting Treasure Hunter makes your real life dice rolls better!" The systems aren't connected.
    Edited by starkerealm on August 2, 2021 10:52PM