The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A question from a nooby PVPer

RapidUrsa
RapidUrsa
✭✭✭✭
So I mostly play PVE but I’d love to grind out pvp levels for the achievement furnishings! What is the current best way to farm levels and AP?
About Me
Xbox One - EU
Gamertag - RapidUrsa
Overall CP - 500
  • ShortTripToHell
    ShortTripToHell
    ✭✭✭
    I would say it depends a bit on your situation.
    Do you have many LFG leaders? Then zerg with them. No? Then I would make room for a guild that runs into that campaign.
    Personnaly I play with a guild and make 120k AP / hour. Could be higher I guess but it needs to stay fun for me ;)
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ShortTripToHell said, either a zerg or a guild will get you there the fastest. I've heard that it can be hard to find random groups these days (though it varies per server/alliance), so a chill PVP guild is your best bet.

If you're just in it for the rank progression, consider playing during Midyear Mayhem with the Colovian War Torte food active. This'll give you a 300% rank progression boost.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will generally form groups, so just write "lfg" in zone chat and hopefully you'll pick one up. Just run around with them for a while. Grab some siege as well; meatbags are useful for the AOE heal debuff, fire ballistas can pack a punch and have a nasty DoT attached to them. You can farm the stonefire ones (most powerful) from Dolmen chests in Cyrodiil if you're bored.
    Siege will allow you to stay out of harms way for the most part while still dealing a lot of aoe damage to accumulate AP.
    Another alternative is to go full healer mode and just run around sprinkling fairy dust on people.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you can remember, kill a cyrodiil delve boss for the 20% AP boost...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

Completely forgot about that. It made no sense to me that doing pve gives you an AP boost, but it's definitely a thing.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's really awesome is when you combine the delve boss, brindle, d-claw, d-lowe, pelinals scroll and low pop bonus all together :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly look for new player friendly PVP guilds. You'll meet some nice folks and learn a lot about the game. On top of getting to PvP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Completely forgot about that. It made no sense to me that doing pve gives you an AP boost, but it's definitely a thing.

Because it's not really doing PVE, since PVP can and will happen at any time while you are trying to kill that delve boss.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Because it's not really doing PVE, since PVP can and will happen at any time while you are trying to kill that delve boss.

as much time as i've spent in cyro - i haven't cleared the zone of skyshards on any of my toons...just started focusing on skyshards recently and began clearing delves again...haven't been in a delve fight since forever though...

it's funny, most of the ones i remember happened because i startled some player and they instinctively attacked...i remember now that i had started making sure players saw me before waving or whatever...i usually don't go in to a delve to get in to a fight with a player, if it happens it happens though...

shoot, now pops are so reduced most of the time it's probably pretty unlikely to run in to anyone else...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 3, 2021 6:19AM
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say just go with any siege group as a healer. There is always someone to heal so Symphony of Blades + Precise Regeneration is already very welcome