The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

confirmation for choices?

Gleitfrosch
Gleitfrosch
✭✭✭✭
I usually take my time with quests and read them before clicking on the conversation options, but since the quest quality dropped and often during mandatory conversations I feel like a child who needs even the most obvious things explained, I started to quickly click through the annoying conversations. This causes that from time to time I oversee a choice and just select the upper one.

For such cases I wish there would be a confirmation requirement for the choice I made, bound to a different button (f.e. "R", its already used in the shop or at benches - E to select and R to confirm). Even if the choices can be often ignored becaue they have no real effect on the game, I would like to keept the illusion that my decision matters and choose the option that I think is right.
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're skipping through the dialogue, though, would you even know what choice to make?

And technically this is a request to change the whole system simply because you can't be bothered to take the time. Maybe just slow down?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it makes you feel any better, there is only one situation in the entire game where your selection has any long term effect on your progression outside of that particular quest. If you're already bored enough to speed through it, just take special note of the Mage Guild story quests and you don't have to worry about the rest of the game at all.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish choices did matter more, sadly only the Mages Guild final quest "The Mad God's Bargain"choice has any inpact

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The stories are mostly all the same now anyways. Just keep spamming the button, honestly. XD
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the only time that comes to mind where this would matter is at the end of the mages guild you have a choice between 2 skill points or BS lol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the text is red, don't spam click it. If you do, you get the same choice as anyone who isn't happy with the option they chose - abandon the quest and start over.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be fixed by always having another line of dialogue on top of the choices that will cycle back to the same page. A lot of quests already do this.

I usually get trigger happy when it's a quest I've done several times already, I know how I want it to go but by the time I've registered the red options it's almost always too late :D
    PS4 EU
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    I wish choices did matter more, sadly only the Mages Guild final quest "The Mad God's Bargain"choice has any inpact

The Moonhunter Keep dialog that cured Lycanthropy was a hilarious troll.
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    In that case you are right, I already did the Mages guild quest and if no other choice has a similar impact, spamming answers is not a big issue.

Watched a few SW:TOR dialogues yesterday and must have been affected
    Edited by Gleitfrosch on August 1, 2021 6:42AM
  • ibkickin
    ibkickin
    ✭✭
    JoDiMageio wrote: »
    If you're skipping through the dialogue, though, would you even know what choice to make?

And technically this is a request to change the whole system simply because you can't be bothered to take the time. Maybe just slow down?

Strength on it's own is directionless, Thirst for battle is helpless, Only when the two join is a mighty warrior born.