ToS Question

DerExorzist2104
Hello.

There is a specific ToS question id like to have answered.

I know that cheating programs are forbidden to use and thats fine.
But what if i have a program on the PC for another game. Mainly singleplayer.
id like to install WeMod for another Game which doesnt support Eso. They say specifically that they dont want to mess with MMOs which i highly appreciate.
Is it against the Use of ToS to have the program installed (but not open while playing eso?)

If im thinking correct it shouldnt be a problem since it doesnt support eso anyway, but i have huge respect for the ToS and i dont want to be flagged via the automatic system for something im not.

i didnt want to ask support since the can give an automated response which would answer nothing, i would appreciate when an ZoS Employee himself could answer the question but everyone else is free to do the same.

Thank you for your time.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can almost gurantee that just having it installed isn't a violation if it doesn't directly affect eso...[snip]

edit: 'adult video' word got censored so clearly against ToS but none of the games business while playing just like your program

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2021 5:54PM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubt it, I have a programme that can be used for ESO on my machine and has been there for many years and never had a problem with it, just as long as I don't open it and start doing things then I'm all set
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming the software for the other game will not be used for ESO in any manner.

That being the case there should be no issue with ESO when having that software installed on the PC as it is used for a different game. Most of us that use MMO mouses or 12 button mouses have the software for that mouse installed. That software is capable of building macros, among other things such as changing the colors of lights. As long as we are not actually creating and using macros for use in ESO there is no issue with having the program installed on the PC.

TL:DR Zenimax does not control our PC. As long as we are not using third-party software to play ESO or even help play ESO for us there should not be an issue.
  • DerExorzist2104
    Vigarr wrote: »

edit: 'adult video' word got censored so clearly against ToS but none of the games business while playing just like your program

[edited for inappropriate content]

Ill take it that the other posts basically say the same since the edit came from a ZoS employee herself. So it is okay to have it installed on the pc.
    Amottica wrote: »
    I am assuming the software for the other game will not be used for ESO in any manner.

I double checked. It is IMPOSSIBLE to use it for Eso. There are simply no options to use. Its listed inside the program but stated that there wont be any options in the future since its an MMO.

Thank you for the feedback you guys gave me.
    Edited by DerExorzist2104 on July 31, 2021 6:58PM
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you're not using this program to modify ESO in any way, then you're fine. ZOS can't dictate what you are and are not allowed to have installed on your computer. Just what kind of things you can and can not use with their game. Like addons are allowed, but not all kinds of them.
    Edited by JJOtterBear on August 1, 2021 12:41AM