The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Uneasy Alliances Quest - Bugged?

JoDiMageio
JoDiMageio
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if it's the event the problem, or the quest, causing the problem, but....

I have figured out that Za'ji is a slippery cat, but he keeps disappearing during the quest. First time running it, I make it to the back of Moonlit Cove, quest marker is there telling me to speak to Za'ji, but no, he is invisible. Reload ui, nothing. Drop quest. Try again a second time, this time he ninjas his way out of our conversation after meeting his mother at the temple - again, quest marker is there, but no Za'ji to interact with. Reload ui, nothing. Drop quest. Pick it up again. Third time not a charm, Za'ji disappears mid-quest.

I mean, I know it's a great skill for a pirate, but c'mon. I want to move forward with my quest.

Any ideas?
Please help me.... I'm being held captive by a Dagi-raht pirate... Send some moon-sugar, and some ideas!
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd log out and back in, wouldnt rely on reloadui
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I'd log out and back in, wouldnt rely on reloadui

I should have mentioned there is a relog between attempt one and two.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have an active Companion?

There are a couple of quests that give you NPC followers where the follower won't spawn correctly if you have a Companion out. If so, try to drop/restart the quest without your companion (and then /bug that an active companion breaks the quest)
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally made it through the quest - but ended up with two Tadalis at the end of the quest, and two trial master Zayris in the next quest.

Weird...