Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please fix the PS4 guidance for "Can't Load Profile" errors!

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have yet to experience this for an issue that really was a PSN problem. It has always been an ESO/ZoS problem. The comments on that should properly indicate that.

It would also be nice for the status page to not say everything is wonderful when it is not. At least we would know an error happened, someone was looking into it (hopefully) and it would be fixed on the ESO/ZoS end.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 4, 2021 6:11PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's both. I've gotten this error a handful of times lately. My friends list and activity pages don't want to load during those times, so I do think PSN is having conniptions. That being said, other games manage to load up where ESO doesn't. Something about the way these two systems interact is tenuous.
    Edited by SickleCider on July 30, 2021 8:06AM
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's both. I've gotten this error a handful of times lately. My friends list and activity pages don't want to load during those times, so I do think PSN is having conniptions. That being said, other games manage to load up where ESO doesn't. Something about the way these two systems interact is tenuous.

I have run the network test on the PS4 when I had these and those always worked, at least as much as I recall.

It would be nice if their status page ran whatever test found their server connection problem and made that red instead of it being all green when part is definitely broken.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have run the network test on the PS4 when I had these and those always worked, at least as much as I recall.

It would be nice if their status page ran whatever test found their server connection problem and made that red instead of it being all green when part is definitely broken.

Yes, correct, the network tests work. So, it's not a home based issue, and the PSN is ostensibly connecting. But.

Yeah, there's something they're missing.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, correct, the network tests work. So, it's not a home based issue, and the PSN is ostensibly connecting. But.

Yeah, there's something they're missing.

They just need to add a test for that "something" to their status screens. It has happened enough that they should know the issue by now.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    "Loading profile failed" is an error message that indicates an issue with either your PlayStation Plus account or the PlayStation Network itself. If you are experiencing this issue you are encouraged to contact Sony for further assistance: https://support.us.playstation.com/.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the same error about once or twice a day. PSN will show I'm connected and I can access everything normally but eso will say nope sorry you don't. Sometimes I have to completely restart my PS5 for it to log me into eso. Started happening before the big Blackwood update when I played on my ps4 and has continued. No one seems to know anything about it and all ZoS replied to my help post was to ask Sony lol
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah loading profile still happening on ps5. Literally no other online games I play do this. Then when my profile does load i get stuck in an infinite loading screen and says i have no connection.

I do not believe it is psn if this is the only game that it happens on.
  • Rinlan_Darius
    Rinlan_Darius
    ✭✭✭
    For a month now I have been spending an hour or more to enter the game because of this error. Sony's support ignores me.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a month now I have been spending an hour or more to enter the game because of this error. Sony's support ignores me.

Sony support told me that they're working on it. It seems it has to do with the licenses for ESO. I thought we were past this issue but apparently not.