Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[FIXED] PS4/NA - Automatically joining Area Chat (voice chat) not fixed

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I logged in this afternoon and immediately left area chat, played for a few hours and logged off.

Logged in after dinner and was again automatically put into area chat and had to leave again.

Please fix this, it’s very annoying. I have to move to an area with no other mics on before leaving so I don’t have to see all of the players names onscreen during every loading screen.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 19, 2021 11:38PM
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ShinyBacon
    ShinyBacon
    ✭✭✭
    same for xbox. i really want to leave area chat permanently. i have 10 characters i log on daily and have to leave it manually every time i log on each of them. Just make it a permanent toggle to leave or join. Its very disruptive to have to do that every single time and more so to hear unwanted noises/slurs/insults if im not quick enough to leave.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting...if I leave area voice chat on my first toon then I am not in area chat on any of the others.

It is only when I log off and back on again that it again puts me in area chat.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes said they supposedly fixed it,

"You will no longer automatically start transmitting in Area channels unless you choose to, and the enable/disable microphone button will now accurately represent its setting."

and yet it's still doing the same thing. Nothing was fixed and I still have problems joining guild chats.
  • davidjaicob
    same on ps4 eu. still in zone voice chat when logging in :(
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    The title of this thread is wrong... it's supposed to be COMPLETELY NOT FIXED
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EpicHero wrote: »
    The title of this thread is wrong... it's supposed to be COMPLETELY NOT FIXED

According to the patch notes for the latest PS4 update, it was supposed to be fixed.

My title might be a little misleading though, when I first created it I thought it was working from one login to the next, but then realized I had not logged out during the timeframe in question.

I will update the title if that is possible in case that is what is confusing.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Romeos Dead
    Its doing the same on the xbox
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it’s still doing this on PS4 too...more than one month later.

Hoping for a fix during the patch maintenance that we get this week.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the delayed DLC gets released and we're still forced into zone area voice chat. I leave the chat channel and the setting isn't saved, since I'm forced right back into the area voice chat channel the next time I log in.

What gives?

FIX THIS!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, unfortunately it did not get fixed.

Can we get a reply from someone at ZOS as to whether this will be in an upcoming patch?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't see "automatically joining zone chat" as the error. That is intended. The error was that the mic defaulted to "on" aka "automatically start transmitting".
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK, so it’s automatically joining zone chat the next time I log in after I leave zone chat in the previous login.

I’d like to know when that will be fixed.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m happy to see this finally got fixed today.

Thank you
    :)

No more running off into a far corner of the area until no other players show up in voice chat window to leave voice chat (after logging back in) to prevent their names from being on every loading screen. What a pain that has been, especially with all the blue screens lately.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the issue with automatically joining area voice chat has now been fixed in the recent update, we are going to close this thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.