Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scrying after all is maxed

DreamyLu
DreamyLu
✭✭✭✭✭
I had the - foolish - idea that when I will reach max level for scrying/excavating, it will become somewhat easier thanks to all the bonuses... I was soooooo wrong... Since I have maxed everything, when I scry, I'm able to catch 3 facets best case, once in a while 4. :/

My question: is there a method allowing to catch more than 4? Or is the only "trick" to be very fast at it (in that case, no way for me LOL)?
I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    I had the - foolish - idea that when I will reach max level for scrying/excavating, it will become somewhat easier thanks to all the bonuses... I was soooooo wrong... Since I have maxed everything, when I scry, I'm able to catch 3 facets best case, once in a while 4. :/

My question: is there a method allowing to catch more than 4? Or is the only "trick" to be very fast at it (in that case, no way for me LOL)?

What do you mean by "fast"? There is no reason to rush. Any references to elapsed time in scrying and excavation are fictional. You can take as much time as you want.

The trick is to use the capabilities that let you grab many hexagons at once. I like the one that grabs an area in the shape of snowflake. I can't recall the last time I failed getting all 6 facets on the first try when I had the second tier of that ability unlocked, except for one instance when there was a cat blocking my screen and I couldn't actually see what I was doing.

The straight-line one is said to be even more reliable than that.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Scrying post max is honestly ridiculously easy. Only way to fail is if you are sloppy and make a mistake.

Basically, all scrying is the same. Take the long, straight rod-option. Pull one right up from the bottom. Then one from the main line up to one of the stars, then another, and the same with the two at the bottom. You will get like a pin with an X on it, sort of. Some variation for the hardest ones, where you might need to use just "normal" clicks to connect gaps.

Hm. Come to think of it, you might need to get all the passives, but that is hardly an issue. :-)
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With reference to answer from @FrancisCrawford:
    You say that the time by scrying is virtual like the time by excavating? I thought that this "fake" time (basically amount of clicks) is only by excavating? That could be my problem! So for scrying too, what matters is the amount of clicks we have available? :o
    Edited by DreamyLu on July 18, 2021 1:22PM
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With reference to answer from @FrancisCrawford:
    You say that the time by scrying is virtual like the time by excavating? I thought that this virtual concept of "time" is only by excavating? That could be my problem! So for scrying too, what matters is the amount of clicks we have available? :o

Exactly. You could start a scry, run off to the bathroom, go out for pizza, go for shopping and then come back and have lost no time at all. :-)

Edit - ahem, not counting the fact that you would get kicked out for inactivity of course, but that is not due to the scrying. ;-)
    Edited by alberichtano on July 18, 2021 12:57PM
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm: I feel an idiot, but I hadn't notice the 3 little circles at the top of the eye and I hadn't understood that for scrying too, it's the amount of clicks. o:)

So, now, let's work that out properly for the next one... :D .... And after a first try... Got all 6!

Thanks a lot for the help.
    Edited by DreamyLu on July 18, 2021 1:33PM
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. You could start a scry, run off to the bathroom, go out for pizza, go for shopping and then come back and have lost no time at all. :-)

Yep, you been spying on me... :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Actually though, the "snowflake" and "long rod" (don't say it, don't even think it) pretty much do all the work for you. Makes it quite easy.

The trick with excavating is to scarf up all the bonus goodies, just for fun, by using the 3x3 shovel tool. Tip: bonus loot is generally -- but not always -- near the antiquity.

:smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm: I feel an idiot...

Oh, I can beat that. Just between you and me, until @Fennwitty put me right, I had no idea the Antiquarian's Eye was anything more than a Memento. I've maxed a number of primary characters over a few accounts and done it all without ever getting a pointer towards the actual dig location. The time I've wasted running round like an idiot trying to find the antiquity...
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The annoying thing is, that as you level your scrying up, the supposedly "easier" scrys become tougher - i.e. the hexagons become smaller, the foci further apart, and more varieties of symbol appear to make it less likely that a large cluster will cover enough area. Green "simple" antiquities change to being of blue "intermediate" difficulty, first: and then eventually, both green and blue change to being of purple "advanced" difficulty - even though still coloured green and blue.

This does not make any sense to me, the fact that they get harder instead of easier as your skill gets higher.

(If you do them with another toon that has a lower antiquity skill, you will find it easier on that toon because they will retain their original difficulty level. This is even weirder.)

Purple "advanced", gold "master" and "ultimate" antiquities, and Orange "Mythic" (which are all of "master" difficulty) do not change.

So the result is that you pretty much *have* to invest more points into the actual Scrying skills. Coalescense is the one that will make the biggest difference, or at least, it did to me.
    Edited by jle30303 on July 30, 2021 2:15AM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest way, for me, is to use the skill that does a straight line. First up, then from the middle area to each of the four corners.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.