Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Colossal Aldmeri Grotto - will it be available again?

Fuffun
Fuffun
Soul Shriven
Hello,
I'm waiting since about a year now with hope for this house to show up again in crown shop. Is there any chance to get maybe some informations when or if it will come back? I would like to buy it. :s
Käpt'n des Phantomschiffes | PC-EU
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree,I am waiting since more than a year to be able to buy it,contacted Costumer support last year August,they declined to sell it to me.
    People are requesting Tel Galen,Aldmeri Grotto and Jode's Embrace to come back to store and nothing is happening.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Fuffun
    Fuffun
    Soul Shriven
    Oh man... that's pretty frustrating. If there is not even a chance to get the house via support :( that's just bad news.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In 2019 and beginning of 2020 if you had coin Zos did give you wares.In other words if you had enough crowns or gems they did unlock you whatever there was and has ever been in crown store or crown crates,via costumer support.
    However I contacted them in August last year about the house,and they told me (and other people I know) they won't unlock stuff anymore,only in some rare cases.
    I told them since I am playing them game ( Summer 2019 ) the Aldmeri Grotto house has never been in the store,but apparently that isn't a reason to make an exception and unlock it for me even am having the 14k crowns since ages waiting.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Fuffun
    Fuffun
    Soul Shriven
    Yea, I have heared about contacting the support and now I regret thinking to myself back then, nah, I won't bother them, the house I want will for sure appear again in crown store! Such a shame...don't even have so many crowns atm, but I would get them, if I knew I could purchase the Grotto.

So at least the support replied to you. Pretty much everything returns to the crown store, but if the support can still sell items to the players, why they decided not to do that anymore, only in rare cases...
    Edited by Fuffun on May 12, 2021 6:15PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be curiouse what rare case they make exceptions for because if telling them that the house was never on sale while I have been playing them game than it should be reason enough.I mean I can't buy something what has never been there since I am playing.

And on the other side the Lakemire Xanmeer Manor has been in store at least 3 times since I am playing but they aren't able to make a propper rotation and bring other homes back too.
    Housing is one of my main activities in the game and something I have spend a lot of cash on and if I don't get to buy the houses I want in years then I just rather play less.
    And that is what I am doing.

I mean,we as costumers can't scream more then ''take my money but gimme that damn house'' but hey,if they dont want it thats fine too,more money for other games.
  • Fuffun
    Fuffun
    Soul Shriven
    Haha yeah I get what you mean. I have read a little through the forums. Apparently with Microsoft the policies changed, which is of course to expect and now exceptations are made only for streamers or situations like that.. or who knows. It's not like there are any concrete informations to find or at least I couldn't find much yet.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Again no Grotto this month :(
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently they’ve stopped giving away crown stuff through support. I’ve gotten a LOT of stuff through very helpful people in support.

I will say if they can give you out-of-season houses, they can only do it with out furniture (this means less than even an unfurnished version, like zero extra furnishings.)
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently they’ve stopped giving away crown stuff through support. I’ve gotten a LOT of stuff through very helpful people in support.

I will say if they can give you out-of-season houses, they can only do it with out furniture (this means less than even an unfurnished version, like zero extra furnishings.)

Yep they did give you a unfurnished house,something what was totally fine to most people but sadly they stopped it.
  • rootkitronin
    rootkitronin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just recently contacted with to see if I could get the Kushalit home (unfurnished) - it only left on June 3rd, and I contacted them June 17th.

I had a pretty legitimate reason for why I missed it (my PayPal had been compromised - I use it to buy Crowns via Steam, and was sweating bullets that I was going to lose a bunch of money, this wasn't the time to be buying things I didn't need). It all worked out in the end, but it took a while and I missed the limited window to buy the home.

ZOS support stated they could make an exception if I had "just missed it" and had a good reason as to why I wasn't able to purchase it during its time in the store. I thought two weeks is fairly recent, so I explained the situation to them, but in the end they just gave a cold "we can't make an exception for you" and that was that. :(
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just such a stupid and self-defeating policy though. Why are they even holding houses back like that? I have been waiting for Tel Galen for years, literally years, and I have never seen it for sale. :'(
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was available on the PTS leading up to the Blackwood release. I think it was the week they were testing the Pan-Elsweyr celebration. So, yeah, it will be coming up in the next few months I believe.
  • Bruyere
    Bruyere
    ✭✭
    I contacted the support recently to ask about two houses I missed due to my badly timed absence, and when they might be available again. I didn't even get a reply... :/

What I'm waiting for are the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto and the Grand Psijic Villa. Fully furnished and in that order. I'd fetch those the moment they are available again and give them my real money for their virtual places. I have more than enough crowns ready and waiting. And they will be waiting until the houses are on sale again. It's not much more than a push of a button for them, really.

The thing is, I already have the crowns. So they already have the money. There is no real need for them to hurry. Or so it seems...
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said on some other threads,when I see a house added to crown store I may not have an idea what to do with it and as houses are expensive stuff I don't buy it if I don't know what to do with it.
    3 months later an idea pops into my mind but the house is long gone from crown store and I need to wait for another year or longer till it comes back and by that time I may have lost interest in it and won't buy it the next time it comes on the store.
    I know a lot of people who have the same problem.

Houses should not be a time limited thing.
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing can’t sell to me and I should request it in forum they said
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Damn no Aldmeri Grotto in August either :neutral:
  • Erikah
    Erikah
    ✭✭
    Nothing for September either :(
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing In October :(
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2019 and beginning of 2020 if you had coin Zos did give you wares.In other words if you had enough crowns or gems they did unlock you whatever there was and has ever been in crown store or crown crates,via costumer support.
    However I contacted them in August last year about the house,and they told me (and other people I know) they won't unlock stuff anymore,only in some rare cases.
    I told them since I am playing them game ( Summer 2019 ) the Aldmeri Grotto house has never been in the store,but apparently that isn't a reason to make an exception and unlock it for me even am having the 14k crowns since ages waiting.

Some months ago my husband contacted ZOS to gift me a house not in the crown store. They answered that they could do that, but the house would have arrived completely without furniture, not even the basic one always present in unfurnished sold houses (lights, trees, fountains ...) , So we decided to not buy it. Later it arrived in the crown store :-)
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    now it is available!!!
    I just want to remind the posters here, they may not be in the game recently, and I do not want them to miss and again wait 4 years... ;-D

Cheers!
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • Fuffun
    Fuffun
    Soul Shriven
    I bought it now, too! Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this house in the Crown Store. I was already accepting the fact, that it might take another while before it will be available again, but there it was! Last day to still purchase ist! :#