The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request regarding the new Selene's Weapon Style Set

taltos97eb17_ESO
taltos97eb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Dear fellow players, and developers whom I hope will see and consider this plea,

I have been waiting for a long time for this set to arrive as the Monster helm set of Selene and even the boss belongs among my favourite things in ESO.
However, i was partially disappointed of the product that got into the Crown Store.

Why partially? The answer is simple; the bow and the shield looks great... more than great. Whoever in the team got the inspiration for that you have my outmost respect.
The staff and the axe looks average with the staff being a bit more okay, as the axe doesn't really represent Selene, in my opinion, but it is still kind of ok.
But the greatsword... The greatsword! I main a two-hand&bow DD so I was looking forward to this weapon the most. First off, it seems like some reskin of the Zaan's one.
I bought that too, so I was able to check. Secondly, I think if it is a greatsword then it should be curved, at least, so the effect could actually work like on the bow.

With this explained, I would like to phrase my humble request to ESO Dev team. Would it be possible to change the look of the two-handed weapon in the set after release?
It just doesn't feel like Selene. While I trust your judgement, I would like to raise some suggestions about what I think would work. If it would still be a greatsword then I stand by my previous remark that it should be a curved blade with the spirit spider legs erupting from the full-length of the blade. However, what would do true judgement is a greatmace or greatclub, as that is the exact weapons that Selene wields in her dungeon, Selene's Web. What I think would fit the set's style well is a greatmace with the head being the whole body or only the abdomen of a spider
with the spirit spider legs erupting similarly to the shield.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post! I hope the devs also get to see this and take it into consideraiton!

Best regards,
Asturaam
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the Selene weapon set as it is, very cool spider effect.
    I just wish they would include a complete set of weapons (daggers, swords, mauls..etc) in all their weapon packs....
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what_the wrote: »
    I just wish they would include a complete set of weapons (daggers, swords, mauls..etc) in all their weapon packs....

I've never understood that, myself. Paying 20-25$ for like 5 weapon skins is pretty ridiculous.
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭

I've never understood that, myself. Paying 20-25$ for like 5 weapon skins is pretty ridiculous.

Well they look cool, no harm paying a little for that right?
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaloknir wrote: »

Well they look cool, no harm paying a little for that right?

$20+ is more than "a little" to a lot of people.