The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Having trouble entering banished cells. Too high level? Bug? Anyone know?

GrimCyclone
GrimCyclone
✭✭✭✭✭
I had the quest "Banishing the Banished." I never completed it, but I finally was going to go back to it after Auridon was clear right? So, I go back to it and I get this message upon trying to enter:

"Your attempted jump failed because your veteran rank is not high enough."

It say this for my wife's character too.

Anyone know why it's saying this and why it USED to let me it, but now doesn't? I'm level 23 now, but I still want to finish the quest. Did I somehow lock myself out of a quest and will never be able to get the achievement on this character?

If so that's kinda disappointing.
  • Jkesmth
    Jkesmth
    Same thing here. It let me in once, then I realized that I needed to empty my inventory. I came back moments later and it wouldn't let me in.
    Options
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    I'd report it via /bug. I've already reported two bugs, completely different from this. I suspect that last night's/today's patch put some bugs back in as well as whatever it fixed.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
    Options
  • Soliss
    Soliss
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having this same problem but thought it was because I have another character that is VR. My alt has never been able to zone into BC however, either by fast-travel or from clicking on the door. Always with that same message: "Your attempted jump failed because your veteran rank is not high enough."
    Options
  • corysartyb16_ESO
    Has there been any word on why this is happening? I tried at level 12 and it said the same thing as the OP and now after a patch at level 13 it still says the same thing.
    Options
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are literally inundated with issues right now. Working in their offices is probably very hectic right now I bet. They probably all fear for their jobs. Lots of bad stuff going down. I hope they make it through it. I really like this game. I did this one dungeon in Grahtwood and it was really fun.
    Options
  • corysartyb16_ESO
    It's funny you say that, it's now not letting me go to grahtwood... Keeps saying "Your atempted transfer failed".
    Options
  • Antonie
    Antonie
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny you say that, it's now not letting me go to grahtwood... Keeps saying "Your atempted transfer failed".

several folks from my guild have the same message and encounter a frustrating path of endurance to reach enlightment when the goal is reached which should take a while untill it is fixed.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”-Albert Einstein
    Leben ist ein RPG. Was ist DEINE Rolle?-Motto von http://rpgspielen.de/

Options
  • hamburgalers
    Yes, today I'm getting that message for every dungeon I try to enter, and so is everyone in my guild. None of them work, the only part of this game that isn't designed for a single person is broken, so hard to justify a subscription fee....
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, today I'm getting that message for every dungeon I try to enter, and so is everyone in my guild. None of them work, the only part of this game that isn't designed for a single person is broken, so hard to justify a subscription fee....

Oh, I think you'll be able to find something to occupy your time. Also, news to me. have you tried relogging or entering manually (not by teleporting)?
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Join group with a lower level character and let them go in first or try to teleport in via the map. I had same issue at vet 10. Ended up doing the afore mentioned.
    Options
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Your attempted jump failed because your veteran rank is not high enough." occurs when you are accidentally marked as wanting to do Vet content even though you are not Vet. It seems to be most common when you get with someone who has a Vet already but that is not always the case.

the FIX:
    1) Party leader goes to Party tab (P)
    2) At the top middle of the tab, there should be 2 symbols under a thing called Dungeon Mode.
    3) Mouse over the simpler picture (left side I think) and it should say normal dungeons. Note that you actually have highlighted the more complex symbol that says Veteran.
    4) Select the Normal Dungeons symbol.
    5) Enter the dungeon.
    Edited by LoreRunner on April 27, 2014 5:52PM
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
    Options
  • RozMayan
    RozMayan
    Right now I can't even fast travel back to a dungeon that I completed at a lower level. Same wack error message..........
    Options
  • RozMayan
    RozMayan
    Addendum to previous: I got the error when I was in a group originally, then solo'ing (and after relogging like 10 times). The group leader recreated a group, I joined, got a "changed to normal" message in top right area of map, and now it's working :-) So I guess LoreRunner's fix is a good workaround for now.
    Options