The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Friends list bugged.

DeathComesxx
DeathComesxx
Soul Shriven
On ps4. My psn shows I have 28 friends that play eso. Several of which I played with back when the tutorial was in coldness, some of which I know still play. Returned to the game today after a long hiatus and my friends list shows completely empty even when I know I have friends online and playing. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix?
Edited by DeathComesxx on June 9, 2021 3:49AM
ĐæţhÇømə§xx
Order of The Mislead
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Friends list has been losing info over the last two patches. Now it's completely blank.
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    Yep friends list is completely blank for myself and my son.
    Edited by PikkonMG on June 10, 2021 2:16AM
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me.
  • MrKraji
    MrKraji
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. Every time you invite someone to group or get a group through LFG tool it sends PS invite.

Also had it send random invites while playing through Rockgrove last night :/

(PS4 EU)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below can help with issues involving the friend list on Playstation.

My friends aren't showing up on my friends list, and I get the error "Character Does Not Exist" when I try to join them. What do I do?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭
    That article didn't help at all.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Our help article linked below can help with issues involving the friend list on Playstation.

My friends aren't showing up on my friends list, and I get the error "Character Does Not Exist" when I try to join them. What do I do?

I'm sorry man, but this isn't an answer at all. The friends list has gotten increasingly buggier over the last two or three patches.

Originally the friends list would show the friends online ID, their level, the toon they're on, the location, etc. Just like the guild roster.

Then a couple of months ago, it bugged out to only show online ID and no other info.

Now it shows nothing.

This is not on us. This is a ZOS issue and y'all need to stop spamming us with "troubleshooting" articles and own up to your mistakes. Getting sick and tried of how paying customers are treated by this company. It's quite ridiculous.
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on June 11, 2021 11:47PM
  • eb.annetteub17_ESO
    eb.annetteub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue. My friends list is generating no names, not even my partner's. If I do a search to add friend is says he is already my friend. Since the list is completely blank and I cannot select his name we can't even co-op together which has killed our excitement for Blackwood. We have been playing ESO on PS5 since the system came out last November since the second last update this has been an issue for us. My fingers are crossed the PS5 upgrade next week fixes it. We just want to experience the new content together. (PS4/5 NA server)
    Edited by eb.annetteub17_ESO on June 12, 2021 5:34PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here, I saw names last night, but no locations etc to be able to travel to them (PS5) despite them showing as online
    Edited by fizl101 on June 13, 2021 3:24PM
    Soupy twist
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since the troubleshooting posted earlier has not helped with the friend list issues, we recommend starting a ticket with customer support if the issue continues.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth on PS4 I can see friends on EU server but not on NA server.
    When I try to add a friend back it tells me that the friend is already on the list so clearly it is a GUI issue.
    Friends are there just not being listed.
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 22, 2021 4:11PM
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭
    Also, I just added a new person to my friend list THROUGH THE GAME, and they still do not show up on it. It says I have "no friends"..fix y'alls busted stuff already. I know so many people that have canceled their eso+ renewal because y'all don't own up to the stuff you need to and try to blame whatever you can on us, the paying consumers. It is bs. Instead of bringing out new content that is gonna break stuff even more, fix what y'all already have ffs!
    Edited by Hypnotica713 on June 27, 2021 6:53AM
  • Comaburr
    Comaburr
    ✭✭
    Can confirm this is still going on - Husband's account on PS4 Pro.
  • Poskok
    Poskok
    Soul Shriven
    On PS5 version things are even worse!!! When you trying to add a friend from psn friendlist game always crushes, but when you meet them in the game it tells you are friends already! No info, no teleport etc & I can’t even mail them, cause game crushes immediately too! WTF, please fix it! NA server.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have tried everything customer support suggested including deleting PS4 save data file, deleting player from my PS4 friends list and adding back in game, nothing works still tells me player already added but won't display the player in the list.
    Since you can't see the player, you can't select the player to do things like travel to their house or add them to a group.
    Seems this is a bug that existed back in 2015 that has returned.
    @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_Kevin
    Please bump this up.
    Question Reference # 210622-003019
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 8, 2021 3:40PM
  • Knipskastenmann
    Knipskastenmann
    ✭✭✭
    Any ETA for a fix?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or even acknowledgement of the problem...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we get the silent treatment I guess.
    @ZOS_Kevin I wanted to be wrong that nothing would change but as you see this what we get.
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 14, 2021 3:05PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @TequilaFire

If this issue has persisted, then please reply to our latest email in response to Ticket #210622-003019 to let our support team know.

This will re-open the ticket and ensure that our team looks into this further for you.
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on July 14, 2021 3:08PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @TequilaFire

If this issue has persisted, then please reply to our latest email in response to Ticket #210622-003019 to let our support team know.

This will re-open the ticket and ensure that our team looks into this further for you.

But it is not just me, it is a lot of players so the question is why is this not acknowledged and fixed by the development team?
    I will reply again but this was an issue that appeared after update 30.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth Thank you.

Here is the response from replying to the last ticket.

Thank you for contacting
    The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team

Question Subject: [FEEDBACK] Impact: IMPAIR Category: UI Subcategory: OTHER
    Question Reference # 210714-003342
    Date Created: 07/14/2021 11:32 AM
    Date Last Updated: 07/14/2021 11:32 AM
    Message Log:
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 07/14/2021 11:32 AM
    Greetings,

Greetings,

Please be advised that you have contacted an unmonitored email inbox. Bethesda Support will NOT review this inquiry and no replies will be sent.

If you require assistance from the Bethesda Support team, please submit a ticket using the following:

For The Elder Scrolls Online, please go to https://help.elderscrollsonline.com

For Bethesda titles, please go to http://help.bethesda.net

Warm Regards,
    The Bethesda Support Team

Customer response on 07/14/2021 11:32 AM
    Deleting the saved data file was one of the first things I did, but I did it again and still no visible friends list.
    Adding friends says the are already in friends list but they are not visible in the list, my in ESO list is completely empty.
    Thank you.

Note - This may be because I replied before and never got an answer.

Edited by TequilaFire on July 14, 2021 3:46PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @TequilaFire

Please be aware that tickets submitted as feedback do not receive direct support from our team.

The ticket you had mentioned previously, #210622-003019, was received by our support team and last received a reply on June 23rd. If you go ahead and reply to the latest email from this ticket, it should re-open it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a reply to the last response dated 6/23/2021 03:46 PM.
    So I am now confused.
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭

So, still broken. I noticed, talking to others both that have this problem and don't, that it is only affecting the people that had their ENTIRE PSN FRIEND LIST somehow show up on the game years ago, even though they did not even own ESO. The people that aren't affected must have started after that bug happened. Maybe that will help y'all fix this!!!!!!!!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they had similar bug back in 2015. Interestingly enough only my old accounts can't see the in game list, but my newest account can see the list so that lends credence to what you said.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am happy to report that PS4 patch version 2.20 has restored my friends list functionality.
    Odd that in game reports as patch version 2.19 and @ZOS_GinaBruno patch notes say version 2.20, I think they just forgot to update the patch version on the PS4 announcement screen.
    Thanks @ZOS_Adrikoth !

PS - Announcement screen now has updated to say Ver. 2.20 - so all is well.
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 28, 2021 2:52PM