The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Attunable Crafting Stations

Blackskyszz
Blackskyszz
✭✭✭
Has there ever been talk of consolidating the attunable craft stations?
I mean, it gets to be too much if you have for example...10 of each (clothing, metal, wood, jewelry).
So instead of having so many stations make it where only one Metal, Wood, Clothing and Jewlery station with a drop down /selection of the crafted sets you want. Of course there still should be the cost of writs to obtain that crafted set but just one station.
Does this make sense?
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    What would it look like though?
  • Herr_Flocke
    Herr_Flocke
    ✭✭✭
    I think this would be a nice addition, and a QoL improvement as well. Furthermore, having 40+ crafting stations next to each other looks more like a factory than artisan crafting :)
    sedi wrote: »
    What would it look like though?
    like.. errm.. a crafting station ? ;)
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On one hand I actually like the filled with crafting stations house look, it visually shows the time and effort that went into getting all of them. But on the other hand consolidating all craftsets into one station would be a nice QoL, especially for house decorators.

Both options should be possible in my opinion.

Edit: And we need a small searchbox for the styles.
    Edited by Sarannah on July 28, 2021 9:22AM
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would make quite an impact on the market..
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But how much longer would it take to do master writs?

It's a pita already scrolling through all the styles to choose what you need, trying to remember which dlc the style came from so you have an idea how far through you need to scroll without having to do the same for the set too.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love this the issue is what do you charge? 50 sets.... 250 vouchers a piece under the old system.....12500 vouchers a station?.... actually that ain't too bad. I could afford one out of 4 right now.

You can say make em cheaper but that screws over the people who worked their butts off to get the old ones. And surely you'd have to let those people replace the old inferior ones with the new ones.

Anyways hopefully they work something out.

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm...

How about you buy an 'omniattunable' crafting station for 250 vouchers, then every time you want to attune it to a new set you pop it in your inventory, go to wherever the crafting stations for this set are, you want to add this set too? fine, that will be 250 additional vouchers thank you very much.

Leave the existing crafting stations as they are, so there is still a market for trading 'single attunement' ones - and also we don't mess with the ones that have already been deployed - just add these new ones as an option.

These could have a 'sliding' side menu where you choose which set - of the ones it has been attuned to - you would like to craft for (or no set at all).

It could be also 'selectable' by API so addons like WritWorthy can still do their magic.

Sounds like a worthy QoL addition to me.

EDIT: I would still want separate crafting stations for each craft though. I kind of like the concept of not doing all your tinkering in one station.

EDIT2: Or even a step further, make it an 'upgrade' for existing stations so we can make existing - and hopefully future - antiquities crafting stations 'attunable'.

I'd love to have my orc themed crafting area in Forgemaster Falls.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on July 28, 2021 9:57AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has there ever been talk of consolidating the attunable craft stations?

From players? It is requested roughly every 2 months. From zos? :crickets:
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    I would love this the issue is what do you charge? 50 sets.... 250 vouchers a piece under the old system.....12500 vouchers a station?.... actually that ain't too bad. I could afford one out of 4 right now.
    They could keep the system as is, but when you attune, the station disappears and automatically adds the set-option to your already placed station. Instead of a station appearing in your inventory.

Or they could keep the system as is. And when you attune, you still get the setstation in your inventory. But when you enter your house, you are given the option to add the carried station to the already placed station. This add-option would also have to be added to the main station as well, so this can be done at any time.

And ofcourse add the option to extract setstation(s) from the main station, so players could spread them out if they want to. Like how it is done now.
  • Ard01
    Ard01
    ✭✭✭
    I went through a massive amount of time and effort to get all the crafting stations and build a guild house around them.

I am very much against this idea. It would cuase those who worked EXTREMLY hard to repeat all those efforts again having to consolidate all the tables we earned.

That should not be one of the grinds in this game.
    Edited by Ard01 on July 28, 2021 12:50PM
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm ok with option to merge existing attunable station in one. Something like - new merging crafting station by tipe and add to it every corresponding attunable crafting station.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add something like the stickerbook but it only collects the set once you attune the 4 craft tables required for each set.

Then add a master craft table that allows you to access any set you have collected either free as a furnishing in collections or on the writ vendor for a large number of vouchers something like 5 - 10K of them, then again like most quality of life stuff it will probably be in the crown store for a stupidly high price.

That way the old tables don't become worthless overnight.

Then its up the GM of each guild they can still put out all the craft tables if they want, they can just put down the master craft table instead or both at once and let there members make the choice as to which they will use.

They could put all the craft tables they have collected in a second house and free up more furniture slots to decorate their main guild houses.

While spending the first few weeks after they get it set up in the guild house, answering the same question every member of their guilds is likely to ask "Where have all the craft tables gone?" Probably be made worse because whatever master craft table they release will probably look odd and more than a few people won't realize its a craft table until its pointed out to them.

You could just say write the answer in the message of the day, that would be fine and all but the number of people who ask in guild chat where the trader is this week instead of just pressing G, always surprises me.
  • Ard01
    Ard01
    ✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Add something like the stickerbook but it only collects the set once you attune the 4 craft tables required for each set.

Then add a master craft table that allows you to access any set you have collected either free as a furnishing in collections or on the writ vendor for a large number of vouchers something like 5 - 10K of them, then again like most quality of life stuff it will probably be in the crown store for a stupidly high price.

That way the old tables don't become worthless overnight.

Then its up the GM of each guild they can still put out all the craft tables if they want, they can just put down the master craft table instead or both at once and let there members make the choice as to which they will use.

They could put all the craft tables they have collected in a second house and free up more furniture slots to decorate their main guild houses.

While spending the first few weeks after they get it set up in the guild house, answering the same question every member of their guilds is likely to ask "Where have all the craft tables gone?" Probably be made worse because whatever master craft table they release will probably look odd and more than a few people won't realize its a craft table until its pointed out to them.

You could just say write the answer in the message of the day, that would be fine and all but the number of people who ask in guild chat where the trader is this week instead of just pressing G, always surprises me.

Just no, takes about 65000 vouchers to get all the tables, that is a massive undertaking. Nothing that would require someone to earn another tens of thousands of vouchers just to have to consolidate the tables should be added.
    Edited by Ard01 on July 28, 2021 12:57PM
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am fortunate (or crazy enough) to own a full crafting hall. I love the idea of a consolidated crafting station (if it were huge and flashy maybe lol). Half my house is a grand crafting hall with (and this is the sad part) a few decorations. While I love showing off rows and rows of stations it does massively eat away at my furniture limit and sadly I can't decorate nearly as much as I want to. I think the easier solution (for ZOS) is to flag all stations as a different furniture category and have a different cap on those (like they do with collectibles) just obviously keeping it large enough to have all the stations in one place.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone concerned, there are a million ways they could design it that preserves the old system but adds this feature. For example, you could have special stations for each craft (or just one big omni-station it really doesn't matter) and you can "store" the old-style attunable stations inside of them. That gives you access to the drop-down menu entry that OP mentioned in their design idea. Then you can put stations in or pull them out as you like. This design adds the cool feature for those who want it, while also maintaining the complete old functionality for those who don't, and it doesn't ruin the market because you still have to go get the original single-use stations attuned in order to "store" them in the omni-station.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if they just separate by number of traits required to craft, and made all the sets for each type of those craft tables attunable to one table per type of craft, that would be a big help. It would take up less space than having each type of craft table for each named craftable set.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of the single craft station.

Suggestions:
    • integrate it with the existing transmute station and extend the sticker book to include crafted sets. unlocking/adding to sticker book is either by visiting one in the wilds and meeting minimum criteria to craft that set or via the same writ voucher mechanic extant in game.
    • create a furnishing item that acts as a doorway/portal to an account owned secondary space that contains all existing craft tables pre-arranged with each unlocked in the same way as current with ~1k vouchers worth of attunable stations.

I'd prefer the first with writ vouchers as is as it'd be least disruptive and simpler to use (extra space implies load screen which would be unwelcome). I'd also like to see existing system retained with one set of craft tables per set - more options is good.

Like to see better suggestions for this, though - there are always better ideas. :)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild hall has every single crafting station and the darn place looks like a sea of tables or warehouse. The guild hall manager keeps them arranged alphabetically and has to move a bunch of them every quarter, while stowing nice decorative furnishings to make room for them. The system has so outscaled itself as to be absurd.

The answer is one master attunable crafting table for each of the four effected professions. When you go to the table, you select the set you want via drop down menu. You still have to acquire the attunable rights for each set similarly to how you currently do, but the 'deliverable' is another menu item on your existing one table for the relevant profession.

It would take only a small amount of creative ingenuity to transition from the old to the new. As long as you have at lease one set of attunable tables, you get a master set - tuned for any/all sets you currently have attuned. The only problem I can see for those with loads of tables (like my guild) is what to do with all the saved space in your guild hall. :)

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo