Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Social Ban ticket 210723-001977

EoinCuinn
EoinCuinn
Soul Shriven
I presume I have had a social ban, at the conclusion of a trial I was no longer able to whisper, trade, mail etc, even through I was perfectly able to do all of those things in the previous trial.

Ticket 210723-001977

Frustratingly, I was unable to trade a well sort after piece of equipment I had looted with another player.

I have looked at several threads on this issue, and I note that a reason is rarely given, but I really would like to know if this is something I have inadvertently done (so I don't do it again) or if it is a bug.

• ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @EoinCuinn

We can confirm that your ticket is in the right place and a member of our support team will assist you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • EoinCuinn
    EoinCuinn
    Soul Shriven
    Hey @ZOS_Adrikoth can you answer a quick question? I have a feeling I might know what caused it. There was a bug last night where I could double click my right mouse button, and it wouldn't hold block on the second click, so I spammed that a bunch while trying to replicate it (which by the way, I was able to replicate pretty much every time)

Made tanking vSS a bunch of fun, that's for sure. Inadvertent double tap and suddenly you're not holding block in a stream of fire!

• EoinCuinn
    EoinCuinn
    Soul Shriven
    I am fundamentally hamstrung in the game. I can't trade, I can't buy from guild stores, I can deposit funds in guild banks, I can't buy pots or mats, which means I can't upgrade equipment at the moment, for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

This is infuriating.
  • EoinCuinn
    EoinCuinn
    Soul Shriven
    For anyone that reads this in the future, this social ban was indeed caused by spamming my block key to replicate a fault.

This triggers an automated response, and key spamming is against their terms, so such is the way life goes. I know for future reference to just report the bug.

This thread can be closed as my service ticket has been resolved, and I'm all good in game again.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With the account issue now resolved, we will be closing the thread from further discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.