The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armor idea: Secondary Enchantments.

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
This idea just kinda clicked in my head unexpectedly, but considering that most players especially those doing the hardest content in the game. focus on using weapon/spell damage glyphs on jewellery, it leaves very little room for use of other glyphs that may almost never get used. Here is where the idea comes in.

New Enchanting Skill line Passive:
Enchanters Duality.: Glyphs Can be created and applied to a secondary slot on your armor.
Available glyphs that can be applied to secondary slots in all armor(excluding shields.)includes the following moved from jewellery glyphs as Secondary armor glyphs:
  • Glyphs of Frost, Flame, Shock, Disease and Poison resistance.
  • Glyphs of Decrease Physical and Spell Harm.
  • Glyphs of Stamina, Health and Magicka Recovery.
  • Glyph of Bracing.

I thought of this because I reckon there should be a couple more defensive options alongside the Maximum health/resource increases, even if the numbers for said enchantments mentioned on the Enchanters Duality list have to be tweaked a fair bit. I didn’t include glyphs like potion speed & boost or bash damage as those should remain as jewellery glyphs so as to allow some diversity. (That or make them exclusive secondary glyphs applicable only on the Hands, waist and Head pieces for thematic appropriation.) but at the same time, it could solve a few age old problems such as PVE sustain issues and a few others that others may know of. But at the same time adding slightly new flavour to existing base game elements.
Edited by Skullstachio on July 26, 2021 11:50AM
I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea but it would be overpowered in pvp.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (“Not unless secondary enchantments followed the same rules such as being less effective on shoulders, waist, boots and hands.”)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (“Not unless secondary enchantments followed the same rules such as being less effective on shoulders, waist, boots and hands.”)

50% less effective on all pieces and still follow that guideline and we might be on to something. Nothing more than a little boost because if they were at full power... yikes. No thanks.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can put them on jewellery already though.

I don't think we need more enchantments on gear.

It's fine how it is.
    Edited by Brrrofski on July 26, 2021 3:38PM
  • Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭
    I would see it balanced if it suppresses armor trait when enchanted, and balance the value of the second enchant around the effects of various armor traits.
    PC NA Casual/PVP
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love more enchantment choices for armor than "magicka, stamina, health, or some of each." I think adding more armor enchantments would be a simpler solution than adding a whole second enchantment slot.

OR ... a Mythic item that has an effect like: "Enchantments on this item are X% more effective. You can apply any two armor or jewelry glyphs to this item." An enchantment-themed Mythic would be cool!
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, because this game require even more micromagement.