The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Problem regard buying ESO+

KaindeMort
KaindeMort
Soul Shriven
Problem regard buying ESO+/
Hello dear eso players. I write here because I want to attract attention to problem that cannot resolve for almost 2,5 year at least.
Little remark:
I am not sure at all that this helps, but I willing to try at least. Because ridicules amount of time passed since this problem to occur, and by that day nothing actions from dev to resolve it.

I playing ESO since beta on PC until Elsweyr expansion release. Bought SiresX in 2020 and decide try it on console.
I cannot surely say when its problem first occur, but earliest post about it dated to 17 February 2019
Im not sure if any other region on Xbox platform experience same issue.

Synopsis:
At least up from 2019 and until now players of ESO from Russian region on Xbox platform cannot buy ESO+ subscription. They a couple of way to do it, but it so tricky or involve your account access transfer to third parties.

Long version:

One week ago I decide try ESO on my Xbox. All went good until I try buying ESO+ (which I always do on PC).
You should know that in game Crown store have link to do it (it is totally localized on Russian language so for now I little confused, why do bother with localization for something that don’t work quite some time).
After hit buy ESO+ button it redirect me straight to MS Store, but after that it’s not allow me to buying any of subscription plan. In addition, it says that I can redeem code. Problem is that ESO+ is not gifteble and no “time card” exist (yes I am aware that until F2P there existed in some country’s).
Therefore, I try google this problem first. Manage to find a couple of post on Bethesda official forum. None of them answered by official from Bethesda. As for post themselves, it is describe same problem. Some of the authors says that they submit ticket for Bethesda support than get reply that “problem on Microsoft side, they cannot do anything and suggestion to address with this issue to MS support”.
I contacted with MS Support via chat (nice support btw) after some time, they informed me so that is right, ESO+ no available in RU region but, they come up with solution:
1. Buy Microsoft gift card (I ok with that, even if it not so easy to buy here an US gift card, and it will be priced more than card nominal)
2. Change my billing address to US (ok with that to, pretty easy to google some random address)
3. Change my IP address to US (I have VPN but, this scheme starting get more complicated with every step)
4. Change my xbox live region to US
5. Than apply gift card, after that I probably can buy ESO+ from US region

I stop myself on step 4. Once you switch region your Xbox Live its block you from another region changing for 90 days. I think after that step I realized how absurd this situation is and starting write this post.
After describe me that instruction, they wrote that “They can’t affect price politic of their developers. Bethesda great company bla-bla-bla give them some time, they come up with something”.
I believe in statement about price politic, but “Bethesda resolve this”. Come on, they literally hade two and half years to do “something” or maybe more. On top of that, those Bethesda that presumably can fix it send people to Microsoft.

As I stated in beginning, I am do not sure this post help at all even if it attract attention. Maybe it bring some another endless “leaves without figs” from Bethesda but it’s all. Still i will try find answers or at least clear statement that no plans for RU region ESO+ on Xbox platform (this is hilarious btw, studio that owned by platform cannot provide way to buy product on this same platform AND in same time it is no problem on PlayStation and PC).
Ty for reading, if any another region have same issue it be nice to hear it. Sorry for grammar, I been long without practice.
P.S. just minute ago, i trying to submit ticket for support... all category regard buying something link me to MS store. Mobius strip.
Edited by KaindeMort on July 19, 2021 12:59PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @KaindeMort

You can choose the next closest category if your having issues with opening a support ticket. Once your ticket is opened, you can post the ticket number here so we can check on it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • KaindeMort
    KaindeMort
    Soul Shriven
    My ticket 210721-000537
  • KaindeMort
    KaindeMort
    Soul Shriven
    Got answer.
    For this situation I would suggest submitting feedback so the developers can look into the issue.

To submit feedback for the game, proceed to the following steps:
    Open the in-game Player Menu:
    [Menu] for Xbox One
    [Options] for PlayStation 4
    Select "Help" and "Submit Feedback"
    Select the "Impact" and the "Issue Category" of your report and provide any additional information in the "Description" field.
    Select "Submit" once complete.
    Your in-game report will include details about your character and location as well as other useful information to help the Development Team figure out what is causing the issue. Please be as detailed as possible.

So basically you told me they dont know about this problem? In whole 2.5 years they dont know about a region that cant buy a subscription on XBox? Am i right?
    Edited by KaindeMort on July 21, 2021 3:28PM
  • KaindeMort
    KaindeMort
    Soul Shriven
    New answer I got from support regarding this issue.
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

Unfortunately, support does not have the capability or tools in order to assist in this specific issue. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope there may be a resolution for this in the future. But this issue is not within our jurisdiction.

We hope you have a wonderful day.

Microsoft does not can help with that, Bethesda cant. So who does?
    Who that mysterious force that can assist or at least provide some answers?
    There is no indication that Xbox version for my region have lack of ESO+. If it were so that I perhaps do not even bother to play ESO let alone buy something for it on this platform.
  • olober
    olober
    Soul Shriven
    As far as I know, It's all because Microsoft decided not to sell any kind of subscriptions directly from their store in Russia, now they are doing it via prepaid cards in retail. But there's no prepaid cards for ESO+ nor Fallout 1st in Fallout 76 (another Bethesda game in which you can't buy subscription on xbox in Russia). Looks like Microsoft is the one who needs to fix this problem, but I don't think they will. Have seen same messages on this forum (and on Fallout 76 forums) for the past two years, but nothing changed. Hope they'll look into this problem or if anyone know how to bypass it, please let me know.