The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mythic concept: Blackfeather’s guidance.

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
Item type: Necklace
Description: A fabled item granted only to the most loyal featherless of the blackfeather court, the wearer is said to have members of the blackfeather court follow as they know the featherless may find something shiny and tasty in their travels.
Aesthetics: a fine sturdy shoulder cowl festooned with molted feathers of the blackfeather court, more than enough feathers that make a fine mantle. (If plausible)
Jewellery trait: Protective.
Enchantment: Adds 84 Health, Magicka and Stamina Recovery.
Effect: Several members of the blackfeather court accompany you on your journey in service to the Duke of crows and his featherless champion, granting you the following:
  • members of the blackfeather court follow you wherever you go, seeking out shinies and other things. gain 9% extra gold from all sources, This value increases by an additional 1%* for each piece of legendary armor, weapon and jewellery equipped.
  • increases health, Magicka and stamina recovery by 50 per type of armor that you have equipped.
  • The blackfeather court grants a singular bonus based on the number and type of armor worn.
    • While wearing 5 pieces of Light Armor: dealing damage with light and Fully-Charged heavy attacks add a uniquely persistent stacking blackfeather’s gaze debuff*, occurring once every 500ms (0.50 seconds), exposing weak points and causing the target to take an additional 10 damage from all non-oblivion sources per stack, 50 stacks can be accumulated for a total of 500 extra damage, this damage bonus doubles for others bearing the blackfeather’s guidance.
    • While wearing 5 pieces of Medium Armor: each time critical damage is dealt, 2% of that critical damage is stored every 500ms (0.50 seconds), when up to 5000 points of critical damage is stored, your next fully-charged heavy attack cause the crow to swoop the target, dealing 5000 oblivion damage to the target and applying blackfeather’s assertion, increasing their critical damage taken by 10% for 10 seconds. Additionally, If the target hit is affected by blackfeather’s gaze, the target also takes 1 oblivion damage every 250ms (0.25 seconds) for every stack of blackfeather’s gaze.*
    • While wearing 5 pieces of Heavy Armor: while in combat, adds a persistent blackfeathers protection buff, limiting incoming non-oblivion damage to 50% of your maximum health which is reduced by 2% for every 5% of maximum health missing. Limiting incoming damage by up to 20% when at or below 25% maximum health. Incoming damage from targets affected with Blackfeather’s Gaze or Blackfeather’s assertion further reduces the limit by another 5%, up to a potential maximum of 10%.
    Notes:
    (*the 1% gold increase doubles to 2% for two-handed weapons, bows, restoration and destruction staves, gold gain bonus does not apply to items sold to fences or merchants.)
    (*the target takes oblivion damage while affected by both blackfeather’s gaze and blackfeathers assertion, thus if either debuff expires or is cleansed, the oblivion damage ceases.)
    (*The Blackfeather’s gaze and assertion debuffs can be cleansed in the case of PvP activities.)
    Due to the way some of these debuffs work, it is possible from a PvP perspective to counteract enemy players utilising Blackfeather’s guidance by using Blackfeather’s guidance as it’s armor based effects can somewhat counteract each other.

Major notes: while the gold gains being a utility based mythic item passive) and recovery increments are relatively small based on such, the major bonuses gained based on which 5 pieces of a specific armor type you are wearing may be powerful on their own, it is also designed purely with the thought and intent of being used with other wearers of the same mythic, just as multiple crows/ravens come together to form a sophisticated coven (such as the blackfeather court of crows wood), so too do multiple players come together in a group with the blackfeather’s guidance in order to not only provide their specific effects but confer upon more powerful ones by working together with others, thus encouraging group play. honestly, I pray this mythic concept makes it into ESO as a mythic item (with potential tweaking based on Dev Opinion, nothin wrong with constructive criticism.) because truthfully, I am rather fond of Crows, they are wise birds of wisdom and of the gods after all (before death and pestilence changed that perspective outlook forevermore.)

Your thoughts?
I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a very well realized Mythic proposal.

I agree that the numbers can be tuned in whatever direction but the core idea is amazing.

And I would love to have my own personal vanguard of crows flying beside me when adventuring in Tamriel!
    Options
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that gives my Thicketman character more crow-friends.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
    Options
  • Trevore
    Trevore
    ✭✭✭
    As a fellow crow-friend, I 100% agree with this idea. You can never have enough crows, after all! So far, we've got a banker, merchant, and eventually a house guest. A non-combat pet would be nice too, but a mythic set that works really well for solo and group play? Now THAT'S interesting! Imagine if we got a crow companion too... Now if only we had a home in the Evergloam or Crow's Wood, where we can find more crows. That would be wonderful!
    Gamertag: MagicalTringusXbox One | NA|Trevore Lombardi [DC ] - Imperial Dragonknight [PvP/PvE Tank]]Samuel Elias Xarxes [DC] - Altmer Sorcerer [Magicka DPS]Solaris Carona [DC] - Breton Templar [Magicka DPS]Alice Barbie Angel [DC] - Breton Necromancer [Magicka DPS]Trevore Nightshade [DC] - Imperial Nightblade [Stamina PvP DPS]Nemo Tigerclaw [DC] - Khajit Nightblade [Stamina PvE DPS]Thomas Ganks [DC] - Dunmer Nightblade [Magicka PvP DPS]Volga Valkyn Skoria [DC] - Dunmer Dragonknight [Stamina PvP DPS]
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, this is the only mythic item (even if it's only a potential one!) that I'd really go after. I would LOVE this!
    Options
  • Sable751
    Sable751
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, this is a great idea.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The heavy bonus would break mechanics in PvE, and would be a nightmare to deal with in PvP.

I think, honestly, if it was just the medium or light version, it would be pretty solid.
    Options
  • Marillea
    Marillea
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds so well thought and fun, if the crows are going to be a visual! :p Sure, will be a nightmare in cities, but oh boi do I want a little crow army.
    Options