The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Changes that I would like to see for Templars

• StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    shrekt4303 wrote: »
    ealdwin wrote: »
    Pffft HAhahaha! They made it a nerf really. Unless you are hybrid...
    Balanced Warrior:
    Now grants 660/1320 Armor, rather than 1320/2640 Spell Resistance.
    Now grants equal Weapon and Spell Damage values.

FFS

ZOS: How can we help Templars, while not really helping them at the same time...

Its signifcant for magplar. The backlash buff is what makes me really happy though.

Bam! Backlash will scale with weapon/spell damage too! Also, exactly what I wanted. So, they got additional physical resistance at the cost of some spell resistance. That's actual balance. How are people reading that as a nerf?

If you run stamplar, it's nothing but a nerf.

If you don't consider physical damage a threat, then I suppose you're right.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balanced Warrior:

FFS

ZOS: How can we help Templars, while not really helping them at the same time...

Its signifcant for magplar. The backlash buff is what makes me really happy though.

Bam! Backlash will scale with weapon/spell damage too! Also, exactly what I wanted. So, they got additional physical resistance at the cost of some spell resistance. That's actual balance. How are people reading that as a nerf?

If you don't consider physical damage a threat, then I suppose you're right.

Oh. You're actually right. For some reason I thought it already gave us both resist and just not spell damage. My mistake
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, before it was just spell resistance which was weird.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting to see if other changes occur from this thread
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    Balanced Warrior:

FFS

One skill class
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH i love the ideas keep them comming. I have been maining Templar sense beta and i feel like i have been a masochist the entire time lol
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, let me say that I appreciate the hard work that game developers put into these games. I appreciate their efforts to make the game better. I have some suggestions for the Templar class to fix what I see as deficiencies and to improve on what is already there. I believe it's worth it's own thread and I want to be sure that someone at ZOS has seen it. Again, these are suggestions, not demands.

So that's it for this round of suggestions. I hope someone at ZOS takes them into consideration.

I can't believe I forgot two things related to Vampire's Bane that have bothered me for a long time ...

Vampire's Bane is a weak skill, flat out. There's a reason I only ever see myself using it (because I play RP characters) - it's just that weak. It's made even worse by the Enduring Rays passive which extends the duration of the skill by two seconds while it's only doing the same amount of damage.

To fix this problem of the skill being weak and of the passive making the skill even weaker, I suggest that Vampire's Bane gets a ramping damage effect like Venomous Claw has. The longer Vampire's Bane ticks, the more damage it should do. How about this for a fix:

Vampire's Bane
    - Blast an enemy with a charge of radiant heat, dealing 1161 Flame Damage, and an additional 3346 Flame Damage over 14 seconds. The holy fire scorches the target and deals increased damage the longer it lasts, dealing (X)% more damage every 2 seconds. Upon activation you gain Major Prophecy, increasing your Spell Critical rating by 2629.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see Living Dark scale with weapon damage or spell damage. Too many skills scale only for Magicka Templars.