Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Get Rid of Hammer - Too much cheating

darvaria
darvaria
✭✭✭✭
Do you not consider getting paid 1M gold to turn over a hammer cheating?

I don't see how this can be fixed. The hammer needs to go.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players without honor are the problem, not the hammer itself :P
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not offer more gold? Sounds like a pretty fair auction.
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it doable? then no its not cheating. This is how zos took away wall leaping with DK, more rules and less fun, sigh.
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not think "this is working as intended".

Just get rid of the hammer. It should not go to the highest bidder.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammer will be disabled on non-cp after next patch.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh. This is the least of Cyrodiil's problems.
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »

Really? Maybe they can disable it in all campaigns.

I am very turned off by this aspect of the game. If I hadn't seen it happen several times, I would think this doesn't really happen. I've removed myself from associating with these unethical players. These are the exact same people that will hack your ID and CC if they can.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if the hammer could only be used by a side that is under performing, especially when so many just realm hop to the winning side all the time.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players without honor are the problem, not the hammer itself :P

This is why developers should never under estamet their player bases ability to runin something, its up to them to keep content working as intended.
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    It would be nice if the hammer could only be used by a side that is under performing, especially when so many just realm hop to the winning side all the time.

No, I disagree with that idea... I don't think that a faction that is underperforming should be rewarded with a powerful daedric artifact. This would encourage people not to show up, and exploit the system.

Implementing a faction lock in all campaigns would prevent people from faction hopping on the side that is winning.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How else will I make my money ?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard of a certain handover at BRK the other day, now I unerstand what they meant... on the one hand: for shame, on the other hand I'm impressed at how everything can be made profitable in this game :|
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, no hammer, no procs. They may's well just strip us and watch everyone slowly punch each other to death.
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so this isn't an exploit? I can offer some bank rupt player $100k gold (no reason to pay more) to turn over the hammer? Or just ask one of my friends that no longer plays to do it?

Would like a response from ZOS to clarify.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard of that happening lol
    Some players take this game way too seriously.
    I mean, people still spy on the opposing teams zone chat.

IMO the issue with the hammer is that it tends to end up in the hands of the leading faction which completely defeats the purpose of the hammer. Which is to be a counter against the Emperor.
    I don't see the reason why the alliance with Emperor should be able to pick up the hammer.
    Edited by Jackey on July 26, 2021 7:23PM
    PS | EU
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it just happened again. Someone that no one ever sees playing, grabbed the scroll and ran out side KC, trying to get away from our team. 30 plus opposite faction were waiting there and took hammer.

No one with 18K hp runs solo into a group of 30. So the faction with the hammer has taken half the map and most ppl are standing around not playing.

You have got to do something. Get rid of the hammer.

I really hope ZOS looks at my report, filed a few minutes before this post.

I do not believe Microsoft would want any association with this sort of behavior. Don't believe this is "woke" enough for Microsoft. ZOS get your priorities set and get rid of this horrible, cheating game play mechanic. Population went from pop lock to 2 bars, because players don't like to see cheating paying off. Other team gets emp.

Edited by darvaria on July 30, 2021 3:23AM
  • Its_MySniff
    Its_MySniff
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to get the achievements first, yet to wield it or kill anyone with it. One day I suppose.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Wow, no hammer, no procs. They may's well just strip us and watch everyone slowly punch each other to death.

That might actually be an interesting campaign.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    If someone admits in in game tell to discussing handing over hammer, is this cheating?

Just get rid of the hammer.

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like the non-proc, but thats perhaps because I have played pvp since open beta. There were no proc sets in the begining of eso, so you had to rely on player skill and good team play.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Volendrung is supposed to be one of several 'Artifact Weapons' according to the inital patch notes when it came out, and the in game tutorial. That suggests to me that they will either add more in addition to it in the future, or they will take the hammer out and replace it with a different Artifact Weapon. It's been quite awhile since Volendrung has been in Cyrodiil at this point. I wonder why it's taking such a long time to bring in a new Artifact?
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens in real life all the time during war, same here. Spies, defectors, mercenaries etc.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens in real life all the time during war, same here. Spies, defectors, mercenaries etc.

Irl they execute traitors. In-game, there is no 'friendly fire' damage.

....Sadly.
  • vms11934
    vms11934
    ✭✭✭
    The hammer can definitely shake things up, but I wouldn't mind seeing it stay in Oblivion forever.
  • Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    What difference does it make to you, the hammer is fun, if the developers remove it, then there will be no such action in the game, it does not change anything and it can be killed if the game did not jam so much. (I am not a user of the hammer, since I play as the Mage and it does not work in my hands)