The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to PVP. How are people stealthing mid-combat?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sure it's a spell or a potion but seeing this a lot. Getting someone also dead and they go invisible for a few seconds.

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility potions, the Nightblade's cloak, and Vampire's invisibility sprint come to mind. All three can turn you invisible in combat.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility potions are used a lot at the moment.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.
  • RoninMB
    RoninMB
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the health pots you buy in Cyrodiil or the BG vendor will turn you invisible for a few seconds. Pretty stupid tbh.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Vampire's invisibility sprint

Don't think anyone will use it mid-combat. 2s of sprint is a whole lot and it is broken with all the things that break cloak and even more - it self-breaks when you fall down from anything (literally anything, like tiny ladder).
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoninMB wrote: »
    Yeah, the health pots you buy in Cyrodiil or the BG vendor will turn you invisible for a few seconds. Pretty stupid tbh.

I had no idea those could be bought, thanks. I heard someone talking about using detect invis potions and negate for bombers. Was pretty cool listening to them, lots of stuff to learn. I've pve's for years only pvped during events. Getting into it now though, made two sets of impenetrable heavy armor last night, probably should have went medium but still learning. I was using my pve armor and getting killed repeatedly.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I had no idea those could be bought, thanks. I heard someone talking about using detect invis potions and negate for bombers. Was pretty cool listening to them, lots of stuff to learn. I've pve's for years only pvped during events. Getting into it now though, made two sets of impenetrable heavy armor last night, probably should have went medium but still learning. I was using my pve armor and getting killed repeatedly.

Welcome to PvP!

You mentioned heavy vs medium armor. This is my $.02, so take it for what it's worth. While you are learning, definitely sacrifice damage for the sake of greater survivability and sustain. Learn how to kite, line of sight the fights, how to be defensive, and how to sustain. Heavy armor is good for this. Then, when you feel comfortable, over time add more damage and take away your survivability, etc. Eventually you'll find the "sweet spot" in terms of survivability, sustain, and damage that works for your chosen play style.

Also, remember that many build guides are written by very experienced players and 1vXers. That works for them, it may not work for you in the beginning. Keep at it and have fun!

Edited by The_Lex on July 8, 2021 3:30PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Welcome to PvP, @Veinblood1965! Thanks to our PvP vets for giving sound advice. Keep it up!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »

Welcome to PvP!

You mentioned heavy vs medium armor. This is my $.02, so take it for what it's worth. While you are learning, definitely sacrifice damage for the sake of greater survivability and sustain. Learn how to kite, line of sight the fights, how to be defensive, and how to sustain. Heavy armor is good for this. Then, when you feel comfortable, over time add more damage and take away your survivability, etc. Eventually you'll find the "sweet spot" in terms of survivability, sustain, and damage that works for your chosen play style.

Also, remember that many build guides are written by very experienced players and 1vXers. That works for them, it may not work for you in the beginning. Keep at it and have fun!

Thank you that does make sense. Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone. I did manage to make a few kills due to fighting against people that have the same toons like I have. One was a mag sorc which was my first toon, killed her pet and she was toast. I had one other mag sorc down for the count and she went invis mid fight hence the post!
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on July 8, 2021 5:05PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is that something new?

ah, just googled it - i think you are referencing a crown store pot:
    Gold Coast Survivor Elixir
    Restore 8369 Health immediately.
    Grants Major Fortitude which increases your Health Recovery by 30% for 36.3 seconds.
    Also grants Invisibility and Unstoppable for 8 seconds, granting you immunity to knockback and disabling effects.
    These effects are scaled based on your level. (45 second cooldown)

the siege merchant and battlegrounds merchant sell the Health Draught (which works great for getting through doors with a lot of unfriendly folks around):
    Alliance Health Draught
    Restore 262-7698 Health immediately.
    Grants Major Fortitude which increases your Health Regeneration by 20% for 8-34.9 seconds.
    Become immune to knockback and disabling effects for 1.6-12.6 seconds.

i have stacks of those crown potions, forget to use them all the time...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 8, 2021 5:59PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's one more thing people sometimes do and that is change campaign or log out. For example they may change from IC to Cyro in order to save their Tel Var stones. As this isn't instant they may end up in combat with you, but then suddenly disappear.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

is that something new?

Grants Major Fortitude which increases your Health Recovery by 30% for 36.3 seconds.
    Also grants Invisibility and Unstoppable for 8 seconds, granting you immunity to knockback and disabling effects.

the siege merchant and battlegrounds merchant sell the Health Draught (which works great for getting through doors with a lot of unfriendly folks around):
    Alliance Health Draught
    Grants Major Fortitude which increases your Health Regeneration by 20% for 8-34.9 seconds.

Yeah, I think the only other way to get the effect described is using Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, and Columbine for a crafted one. Those are the ones I use to make a get away and there's a lot of CCing going on around me.

Sometimes I'll also use Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot for the Invisibility + Speed (though the OP could also use Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, and Scrib Jelly) to get an even faster one if I don't have access to cloak and I know the Vampire invisibility dash won't cut it.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Welcome to PvP, @Veinblood1965! Thanks to our PvP vets for giving sound advice. Keep it up!

Can you pass some advice up to get better servers? Cause PvP is trash in Cyrolag due to abysmal performance and he soon will find out.
    Thanks.
  • RoninMB
    RoninMB
    ✭✭✭

is that something new?

Alliance Health Draught

BG Vendor
    oaHEVcQ.png

Cyrodiil Siege Merchant
    FP3J4I3.png
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you :)

dang, I had no idea that changed (probably years ago)...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thank you :)

dang, I had no idea that changed (probably years ago)...

If I had a guess, I think this might've changed when they made it where the Alliance Spell Draughts were the same as crafted pots. UESP is outdated on these it seems since I usually go by it for most tooltips in regards to PvP stuff. Huh...
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    You mentioned heavy vs medium armor. This is my $.02, so take it for what it's worth. While you are learning, definitely sacrifice damage for the sake of greater survivability and sustain. Learn how to kite, line of sight the fights, how to be defensive, and how to sustain. Heavy armor is good for this.

I wholeheartedly agree with this except that last sentence.

Heavy armor has a lot of downsides now. It nerfs your sustain severely, weapon damage, and makes you susceptible to spell damage.

What you want to do as Stamina is use 4-5 pieces of Medium armor and choose 1 defensive set (e.g. Mark of the Pariah, Fortified Brass, Ancient Dragonguard). Pariah is currently the strongest defensive set.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running a templar right now, magic based. Loaded him out in Ancient Dragonguard and Hundings with a ring of the pale order which is paired with the Hundings. I've ran PVP for a week now and surviving quite a bit. I'm becoming more of a backup healer in my groups with what little DPS I can do right now. I started with a lightning and inferno staff but switched the inferno to sword and board due to the darn bombers. It's quite fun!

Last night was involved in a keep battle that probably went on for 30 minutes which we finally took. ESO has done a great job designing PVP, I hear about balance all the time but what I think is super cool is the siege weapons, camps, hammer, scrolls and stuff like that.

I've got to start researching dps spells, currently I'm using most of my PVE spells and I usually lose one on one so far. I've PVE's for many years now and just the thought of going back to that doesn't sound fun anymore.

I've got to get a microphone now lol. It sucks typing stuff in chat.

Thanks for all the advise everyone.

Edited by Veinblood1965 on July 12, 2021 12:57PM
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is the Shade skill where you can teleport to the shade. Then the stealth after the teleport!
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curtdogg47 wrote: »
    There is the Shade skill where you can teleport to the shade. Then the stealth after the teleport!

Is that a NB skill?

Question. I'm running a Breton Templar mag based. I'd read that Hundings was a good set but that adds stamina not mag. Any advice on another set to run?

I switched my skills around for PVP rather than PVE but still getting used to them but so far no dying as much and actually killing a few peeps one on one lol. Quite fun!
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Curtdogg47 wrote: »
    Is that a NB skill?

It is! Well, a morph of. Shadow Image and if I'm honest, one of the most important skills of any Nightblade.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people use shade but in my guilds most people don't. It's usually the bow/bow builds that run it. Everyone in the world can see the shade. So you gotta do is camp it.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS thought it a good idea to give the class that can 1 shot combo you from stealth to also have the ability to restealth over and over with no CD. I wish other rogue classes in other mmos I play were as broken as this games cause I main rogues typically xD my mag blade critting almost 45k cumulatively on his opener (1pc skoria, harpooners kilt, mech acuity and spinners 3 bloodthirsty with 1 reduced spell cost and 2 mag recov max mag on all armor and divines with shadow, typical champion points and you get a banger). Try it out and enjoy :P
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.