Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Question about Cadwell's Silver and Gold

jackiemanuel
jackiemanuel
✭✭✭
Hello friends. I originally played eso at launch but quit after finishing the story instead of doing Cadwell's Silver.
I returned to the game a month ago and last night completed my first characters main quest. I'm DC and have advanced the zone story barely past stormhaven. Upon returning to the harborage I was presented with the Cadwell's Silver quest again.
I was just planning on doing the other faction zone content without going through the main quest again.
Is the content different if i, for example, go straight to the zone stories for ebonheart? Are the zone stories the same either way?
Is there a reason why I should do Cadwell's anyway? I suppose there are achievements but I'm not particularly attached to them. Do you get the main quest skill points over again in Cadwell's?
Thanks for any input. I'm a little confused as I thought One Tamriel got rid of this.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel didn't remove the quest/Journal/achievements listing for Cadwell's Silver and Gold, but it did remove the need to do everything in order.

So you'll still get the quest from Cadwell and the rewards for completing the zone quests for all three alliances, but you can do them in whatever order you want or skip them entirely.

There won't be any issue with heading over to Ebonheart if that's what you want to do.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    One Tamriel didn't remove the quest/Journal/achievements listing for Cadwell's Silver and Gold, but it did remove the need to do everything in order.

So you'll still get the quest from Cadwell and the rewards for completing the zone quests for all three alliances, but you can do them in whatever order you want or skip them entirely.

There won't be any issue with heading over to Ebonheart if that's what you want to do.

Thank you.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, you no longer need to complete your OWN faction's quest (sometimes referred to by players, although not by the game, as "Cadwell's Bronze") to get the quest for Cadwell's Silver and Gold: you only have to complete the Harborage, Stirk and Coldharbour - and entering Stirk and Coldharbour no longer requires you to have completed your own side's faction quest.

The major reason to do the other factions' zone quests (Cadwells Silver and Gold) is the same reason as to do the zone quest of your own faction, and indeed of any of the expansions... to see the story, complete it, and incidentally pick up skill points and skyshards. Each zone story quest has 3 skill points and 16 skyshards, and there are five such zones per faction. That's a lot of power-ups for your character.
    Edited by jle30303 on July 30, 2021 12:59AM