The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cryodill Delve Bosses why the wait?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious, why the long wait on delve bosses to spawn in Cyrodiil? To take you out of the action for a bit? Just a newby PVPer but it's just odd is why I ask.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. I have a toon that's been waiting for 5 years for one boss in one of those delve to spawn when she's there so she can get the Explorer title.

Honestly, I don't know. It's been a problem since the game was released. It's been reported millions of times, I'm sure. ZOS has never addressed and it's WAY worse with some bosses than with others.

As a new players, I know this is like "Why?" but as you get used to ESO you'll learn, some things are just broken and ZOS just won't be fixing them.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    I don't know. I have a toon that's been waiting for 5 years for one boss in one of those delve to spawn when she's there so she can get the Explorer title.

Which boss are you missing?

Just wondering.

:neutral:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some will swear that the wait is so long, because it gives gankers a longer window to find you >:) .

But mainly it's because the bosses are suppose to respawn in order, but that got messed up in some patch from the very early years. I've been in dungeons where I've taken out 5 bosses in under 15 mins. and other times in a dungeon with only 2 bosses, one never spawns. It's annoyingly random now. B)
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on July 20, 2021 7:37PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One theory/strategy is kill the other boss while you’re waiting for one to respawn. Just in case it helps, I don’t know but we didn’t have a lot to go on at the beginning lol. I did all the delves on my main in 2014 and only go back if needing something specific.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Its_MySniff
    Its_MySniff
    ✭✭✭
    Blighttooth in pothole caverns took me months to get. My understanding was the spawn times were fixed a while back. Not sure when or if I'm mistaken. My second run through a few months back was without issue. Keep at it and I hope you get your completion.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the 5 minute spawn timer is kinda annoying when I'm going in there for the ap buff. However, the delve bosses only have spawn timer upon entry of delve if you've already completed that particular delve. if you don't want to wait for the bosses to spawn next time don't kill all the bosses in that delve. If you're going for achievements you can't really avoid killing the bosses though...
    Edited by Akinos on July 21, 2021 1:33PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. Every time I get the quest to kill... eh, that dremora lady with the tricky name, I weep a little. She has the most ridiculous respawn time.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    I agree the 5 minute spawn timer is kinda annoying when I'm going in there for the ap buff. However, the delve bosses only have spawn timer upon entry of delve if you've already completed that particular delve. if you don't want to wait for the bosses to spawn next time don't kill all the bosses in that delve. If you're going for achievements you can't really avoid killing the bosses though...

I think this might be it. I started checking off delves these last few days to complete them when I need a buff I just try and go to one i haven't completed and there's not much wait. The ones that I've completed (I was just doing those before as it's quicker to get to) the wait was horrendous.

It's got to be deliberately set up that way, they are instances just like delves in the non-cyr zones. It's just a pain is all.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I remember when i did the achievement I had to wait close to an hour for a boss to respawn in a delve in the EP terrotorries. There was an enemy player there as well and we had a truce while waiting :smiley: I don't know why the timers are so messed up in Cyro, it's indeed a pain for the buff or the achieve.