The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Everyone is running the same build

jrgray93
jrgray93
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Every death recap in BGs reads like this. Half the population in BGs is stam sorcs running the same build. 1/4 or so are stam DKs, for some reason.

This is what repeated, awful decision-making leads to. This is the absolute worst proc meta this game has had. These kills were instant death from 27k health, wearing three pieces of heavy with Sithis. 25k+ physical resistance, all impen gear, minor protection active. They simply stun and heavy attack, animation canceling into a spin. You're dead before break free finishes. The only counter is full heavy armor.

The proc scaling buffed procs for stamina and killed them for mag. Light armor is useless. This is abysmally bad balancing.

The BG population has been seemingly in steady decline since it launched. Stuff like this is no small reason why nobody wants to play them. A deathmatch queue would be nice with the right population, but at this point, it will likely kill what remains of the population. Everyone left will be these people.

ivXcFfM.png
Edited by jrgray93 on July 14, 2021 1:49AM
EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    what the hell, I saw frenzied momentum for a maximum 3k, never for almost 6k.

BG struggle for a long time, I abandoned this form of pvp because you can't play there unless you are Sorc or templar in most cases. which only shows a total lack of balance in classes and sets.

The lack of a normal MMR system too kills BG.

But don't worry, the next sets, small skill changes still practically buff / change nothing for the dominant classes on BG.

Streak's animation is so fast you can't even avoid it, except that it can stun you even on a roll dodge, who cares? Totally not ZOS,

Valestrom 2h which is the most OP because you don't even have to perform a full-charge heavy attack? who cares? definitely not ZOS

Totalnie OP sets that do everything for you? Let's add more of them.

Some development for BG / pvp zone or better performance, no we dont do that here
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
    Options
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that build is pretty nutty and definitely needs a nerf without nerfing sorcs. I agree with @MrMazurski, that vate 2H proc should at least require a fully charged heavy attack. The bonus weapon dmg and the proc from a medium attack is just too strong.

They are countered pretty hard by healers though. No sustain damage, just burst.
    Edited by Viewsfrom6ix on July 14, 2021 3:36AM
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrMazurski wrote: »
    what the hell, I saw frenzied momentum for a maximum 3k, never for almost 6k.

You need a pretty squishy build to get it that high. With continuous attack buff I have near 8k wd up passively (no wd procs), but only 22k health and very few resistances. Yes I can two tap 30k tanky players if I can get a stun on them, but I can also be leaped in basically one hit, and mag sorcs/bow builds will decimate me in open field, so I find it somewhat balanced.
    I watched a streamer tank out and kill a whole group of DC at a resource while the rest ran away. I managed to run in after they left and popped him in a second. Without tank shredders like this, those guys would really have no opposition, especially when they have a healer by their side.
    It's like, when magblade bombs a few people at a flag from stealth they are a hero and doing Cyrodiil a favour, but when a stam sorc pops an annoying turtle tank they are the bad guy. Everything needs a counter imho.

I do agree Vateshran 2h should require a fully charged heavy attack though. Absolutely.
    Options
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this is an absolutely broken setup. And the other crazy part is some of the people I have seen can go from like 5% health to 100 almost instantly. And spam streak and dark deal without running out of MAG. I love playing my sorc but in PVP some of these skills make it too easy. For instance, it is all about streaking in doing cheesy medium attack with all those procs, then streak out spamming 'dark deal'.

just watching some streamers will give you a pretty good idea of which builds are currently broken. Before it was unkillable healer/tank. Now this. As some have said Vate 2hand should def be FULLY charged Heavy NOT medium attack. And there are several other sets that have the same problem.

The proof that this setup is broken, is how many people have switched from 2hand primary to back bar 2hand and front bar dual wield. It doesn't really matter that much, just every update watch streamers who know latest broken build, copy/use it until everyone is using it or it gets fixed, and take advantage while it lasts but just remember it is just a game and don't take yourself too seriously.
    Options
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree that Vateshran 2h should require a fully charged heavy attack. Just have a look how much Doylemish - which does require a fully charged heavy attack - is in demand... However, being able to proc Vateshran 2h from *any weapon, not just your Vateshran 2h, but in this build from your whatever set it is DW weapons... THAT seems strange to me.

Another thing is Deadlands Assassin. Compared to other proc sets this seems very strong and it does require a Medium Attack only. Maybe Deadlands Assassin should be changed to fully charged heavy attack (like Doylemish). It is already good because it has another 5-piece-bonus with weapon damage.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing is Deadlands Assassin. Compared to other proc sets this seems very strong and it does require a Medium Attack only. Maybe Deadlands Assassin should be changed to fully charged heavy attack (like Doylemish). It is already good because it has another 5-piece-bonus with weapon damage.

It's fairly low damage with a hefty 15 sec cooldown. Requiring a full charged heavy attack isn't really needed imho.
    Options
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those saying the damage is too high, bear in mind I have 4 pieces light 3 heavy and it's non CP.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Build diversity! 😂 😂 😂
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    9 out of 10 magsorc in BG is the same max magicka build. Only a few are tanksorc or use proc sets.
    PC NA
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many build guides say to go max magicka and everyone follows without running their own tests. It's expensive to have many sets and builds to test so lots of players trust the guides and that's why so many magsorc are max magicka.
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 14, 2021 8:29PM
    PC NA
    Options
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to disagree with. My stat lines often look like @SkaraMinoc stat lines. Yes, I am stamplar, but you just have to know how to counter things. Myself, I buff, use vigor, jump in, roll behind a rock after a combo, and repeat. While buffed and HoT'd, I'm okay. Sorcs and DKs often seem the most difficult to kill if someone is playing them well, but I've been bested by Cro's and vampires as well. Honestly, NB Gankers and wardens seem to need the most love BG-wise from my experience. With a purge slotted, wardens aren't great.
    Options
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    I run a hybrid build that mostly works over land but not so much with my non cp characters that same build works with my non cp characters in pvp better than my cp characters but their it's an support for hybrid builds I just don't like being to how to play a game.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Many build guides say to go max magicka and everyone follows without running their own tests. It's expensive to have many sets and builds to test so lots of players trust the guides and that's why so many magsorc are max magicka.

Mag sorcs run max mag because their primary defense, Shields, scales off their max mag. Since max mag also boosts damage, it's detrimental to run anything else on a sorc. Even procs are mostly terrible now on sorcs due to scaling. I set up a caluurians build to test out and was able to get back to the pre proc scaling damage numbers but I was a walking kill sorc completion. It was bad. Because in order to do that, I had to sacrifice recovery and max mag to boost spell damage and defense fell as a result.

Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Mag sorcs run max mag because their primary defense, Shields, scales off their max mag. Since max mag also boosts damage, it's detrimental to run anything else on a sorc. Even procs are mostly terrible now on sorcs due to scaling. I set up a caluurians build to test out and was able to get back to the pre proc scaling damage numbers but I was a walking kill sorc completion. It was bad. Because in order to do that, I had to sacrifice recovery and max mag to boost spell damage and defense fell as a result.

Most magsorc in high mmr bgs aren't running max mag anymore. Spell damage, penetration, and often malacath.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree that Vateshran 2h should require a fully charged heavy attack. Just have a look how much Doylemish - which does require a fully charged heavy attack - is in demand... However, being able to proc Vateshran 2h from *any weapon, not just your Vateshran 2h, but in this build from your whatever set it is DW weapons... THAT seems strange to me.

Why should Vat 2h be stronger than Doylemish? Matter of fact, why should any proc be stronger than Doylemish? None should, Doylemish Ironheart is the greatest Gargoyle in all of Nirn.

Disclaimer: I used Doylemish all the time in BGs back during the PetSorc Meta of 2018-2019.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run a hybrid build that mostly works over land but not so much with my non cp characters that same build works with my non cp characters in pvp better than my cp characters but their it's an support for hybrid builds I just don't like being to how to play a game.

My fellow hybrid player. Do you mean mag/stam or do you mean tank/dps? I play mag/stam hybrids.
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These shenanigans were long foretold when they made Streak stun unavoidable. Remember when they nerfed Rune Cage into the ground because it was overpowered? And then turned around and gave sorcs something ten times more egregious.
    Options
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most magsorc in high mmr bgs aren't running max mag anymore. Spell damage, penetration, and often malacath.

Really? Where does the mitigation and sustain come from?
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Where does the mitigation and sustain come from?

Mobility and dark conversion :P
    Options
  • Jolsyf
    Jolsyf
    ✭✭✭
    Its always the same, they try to sell their expansion to pvpers with new sets, only to nerf them after a few months. It was like this in Graymoor and Vicious Smite, and it is right now with Blackwood and deadlands assassin.
    Options
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jolsyf wrote: »
    Its always the same, they try to sell their expansion to pvpers with new sets, only to nerf them after a few months. It was like this in Graymoor and Vicious Smite, and it is right now with Blackwood and deadlands assassin.

You don't need blackwood to get the set. You can buy it from guild traders. It is really cheap too like 1-3k per piece.
    Options