The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP servers please

slimwaffle
slimwaffle
✭✭✭
So before I start yes I have complained a lot lately about the state of no cp battlegrounds. I still feel that way about battlegrounds.

But ZOS if you guys are paying attention. Top work on Cyrodiil. This is such a fun place to play.
I'm a little bummed I avoided it for so long. Because its really fun there.

The only thing I didn't like was the Skyshards behind each faction's gate. I feel like they could have been placed on the other sides making them easier to get for non-pvp players.

Cyrodiil takes me back to my days of playing wow on a pvp server. And it got me thinking.

ZOS it would be amazing if you guys added a pvp server for each EU and NA.
The whole questing will I get jumped factor. People should experience that. It mixes things up and makes it more interesting.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    slimwaffle wrote: »
    The whole questing will I get jumped factor. People should experience that.

This is a matter of opinion as many strongly feel they should not be forced to experience it. Of course, I am aware you are asking for this to happen on different servers.

Zenimax has commented on this more than once. The most important note was that they designed the game and world to be filled with larger numbers of players and will not divide them into smaller servers. So they have said they will not be adding more servers.

Also, Zenimax has chosen to not offer regional servers which would likely have more interest than PvP servers would. Think AUS/NZ for starters. The reason is the same as above.

I am not arguing as I could care less. I am just pointing out Zenimax has rebuffed similar requests for reasons that have not changed.
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying this one for me mate. I would definitely like to see both Aussie and pvp servers.
    But if they have said outright no, well not much can be done about that.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This conversation has been had too many times to count. As a PvE player converted to PvPer I ask you this: what is the point?

The zones are not setup for PvP content. Besides, there are maybe a couple thousand PvPers on at peak hours - max. Spreading them out would basically leave almost every zone empty almost all of the time. In the end they'd all just clump up in the one place they could expect to find other players... Cyrodiil. You know, the place with objectives based around open world PvP?