The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Potions

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
I cant be able to find the exact name + ingredients for the potion that makes you go invisible and give you speed . Can someone help me ?

What is also the best possible detection potion you can use again sneaky nightblades ?

It s rather difficult to find good lists listing them

What are everyone favorites potions regarding detection and stealth?

Best Answer

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    delenn35 wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »
    Don't get speed from a potion. Speed potions are dead. Duration nerfed to 33% uptime. As a magsorc you get it from Lightning Form and you can Streak.

Lady's Smock + Corn Flower + Wormwood = Major Sorcery / Detection / Magicka.
    Columbine + Corn Flower + Wormwood = Immvability / Detection / Magicka.

... to the best of my recollection.

Invisibility is broken in many, many, many, many, many, many ways. This will apparently be revised and tightened up next patch. In no particular order:

Most skills that you cast yourself will break your invisibility, although there are a few exceptions. Notably Healing Ward and Rapid Regen break it, because the heals from those skills can go to other players. Even if they don't, those skills will break your invisibility. Resolving Vigor will break your invisibility, because once upon a time it also healed other people. And so on. There is no consistency. You get the idea. Just test it.

Other than that and in no particular order:
    • Detection potions. You cannot see if you've been detected by these. You only know, based on the opponent still hitting you.
    • Detection skills, such as Magelight, Expert Hunter, Revealing Flare.
    • Ground AOE skills.
    • Around-a-player AOE skills or sets. Hurricane. Arctic Blast. Overwhelming Surge set. Grothdarr. Streak!!! Jabs. Whirlwind. Sap Essence. And so on.
    • Slow projectile attacks that were already in the air when you entered cloak. This particularly happens with attacks from NPCs in IC, but also: Crystal Frags, Snipe (actually not sure it still does), Overload, DK Leap (probably), Fire / Ice Staff light or heavy attacks. And so on.
    • Annoying delayed explosions, e.g. sorc curse and templar power of the light.
    • Certain broken armor sets, like Oblivion's Foe.
    • Certain broken NPC skills, like the old version of nightblade Agony skill (throrns around feet) that NPCs in IC still use against you.

Thanks so much for this very informative post.

So, it's pretty much useless unless I am trying to sneak past something... and I kinda get that. I guess if you could use it in combat, everyone would be using it and you would never see anyone.
    Invisibility potions work, if you are well out of range of any combat. Let's say you've just killed an IC boss solo, there is no one else around, and you want to bring your Tel Var home. An invisibility potion could help, although there is an easier solution that everyone uses in that scenario: Enter a Cyro campaign, then switch back to IC. This lands you in the sewers. There are also Imperial Retreat Sigils.

The only class that commonly uses Invisibility potions are sorcs who want to disenage from combat. They streak and streak and streak until well out of range, then they pop one and change direction. This will work if no one is gap closing and keeping up with you.

Nightblades use Shadowy Disguise (aka Cloak), which they can spam to immediately re-apply invisibility after all detection methods except Magelight / Expert Hunter / Revealing Flare and potions. There are some differences here too. Magelight etc. exposes you, so you can't cloak. You are visible to all and you have that blue light above you. Detection potions do not expose the nightblade to all, but only to the player who drank the potion. Furthermore magblades may occasionally spam Cloak in the manner described, whereas stamblades typically do not have the magicka sustain for that. Nightblades have another tool, however: Shadow Image. Returning to your Shadow Image achieves the same effect as a sorc with Streak. It creates distance that likely means you can safely enter cloak afterwards.

If you are a vampire, stage 4 and you sprint for 3 seconds, you become invisible as long as you keep sprinting. The limitation here is your stamina / sprint sustain. I believe that this invisibility cannot be broken, probably because the game engine immediately re-applys it as long as you keep sprinting. I'll entertain corrections on this one as I don't play vampire.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Answer ✓
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's all the potions that give Invisibility + Speed (and those with detrimental effects as well).

invisibilityspeed.PNG
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow @Sephyr
    From where do you have that list ?
    Is there any difference between the length of invisibility and the speed % ?

Where can i check the exact values of those potions ?

Thanks a lot already
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally use this here when I'm not in game (it's UESP, so it's safe), though if you're on PC there's an addon called Potion Maker that you can use to throw together a list of known effects that you've already learned!
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I add another question to this?

I'm finding it difficult not to get CC'd all the time, so thought I would try something using invisibility. However, is there something that breaks my invisibility? I never seem to stay invisible for the full duration.

Thanks.
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭

I'm finding it difficult not to get CC'd all the time, so thought I would try something using invisibility. However, is there something that breaks my invisibility? I never seem to stay invisible for the full duration.

Thanks.

Good question!
    Not sure how it really works either.

When stealthed but casting ability , i seem to get visible again myself as well …
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.

Immovability pots may be a good idea👍 will stop you being able to be cc'd for 10 seconds I believe.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't get speed from a potion. Speed potions are dead. Duration nerfed to 33% uptime. As a magsorc you get it from Lightning Form and you can Streak.

Invisibility is broken in many, many, many, many, many, many ways. This will apparently be revised and tightened up next patch. In no particular order:

Most skills that you cast yourself will break your invisibility, although there are a few exceptions. Notably Healing Ward and Rapid Regen break it, because the heals from those skills can go to other players. Even if they don't, those skills will break your invisibility. Resolving Vigor will break your invisibility, because once upon a time it also healed other people. And so on. There is no consistency. You get the idea. Just test it.

• Detection potions. You cannot see if you've been detected by these. You only know, based on the opponent still hitting you.
    • Ground AOE skills.
    • Around-a-player AOE skills or sets. Hurricane. Arctic Blast. Overwhelming Surge set. Grothdarr. Streak!!! Jabs. Whirlwind. Sap Essence. And so on.
    • Slow projectile attacks that were already in the air when you entered cloak. This particularly happens with attacks from NPCs in IC, but also: Crystal Frags, Snipe (actually not sure it still does), Overload, DK Leap (probably), Fire / Ice Staff light or heavy attacks. And so on.
    • Certain broken NPC skills, like the old version of nightblade Agony skill (throrns around feet) that NPCs in IC still use against you.
    Edited by fred4 on July 21, 2021 9:31AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks.

Immovability pots may be a good idea👍 will stop you being able to be cc'd for 10 seconds I believe.
    I used to run those all the time on my magblade, however the OP plays mag sorc. Depending on whether Crit Surge is in the build, he needs Major Sorcery potions and that is mutually exclusive with Immovability ones. These days I run Zoal. Since Zoal is on the market, Immovability potions are much less necessary. In fact getting the AOE counter-stun from Zoal can be better, let's say because you are ganking a target in the middle of a group or in the middle of some NPCs on a flag. Procs (Caluurion) now scaling from spell damage is another strike against Immovability potions. Depends on build, of course.
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

• Ground AOE skills.

Thanks so much for this very informative post.

So, it's pretty much useless unless I am trying to sneak past something... and I kinda get that. I guess if you could use it in combat, everyone would be using it and you would never see anyone.