The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fungal Grotto II - Shadow Execution Gamyne Bandu

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Wow...tried this dungeon on level 2 (II)
This boss had a skill which tied me down and four shadows stab me...and then I am dead....
I could not break free! Can this dungeon be solo'd?

Or what is the secret for solo?

Help me Obi-wan Kenobi - you are my only hope!

Tanks,

Z
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to have all the damage to the chain holder already in motion when you get chained down. Then one dies and your on your way. It's tricky to time and you have to get it right several times in a row unless you are an absolute dps monster.

I don't remember the exact combo I used, and it could be different this patch. Seems like caltrops, endless hail and trap would be the starting point. Idk if you could stampede the boss before to get that aoe going as well, but you obviously won't be able to land stampede directly on the shade.

It's definitely doable. Give it a shot. Then when you die, try and adjust your timing so that you do more damage to the add. If you land everything perfectly and one doesn't die in time, then you need to adapt the build/ skills. Something to try would be adding dawn breaker and the FG skill that gives you major savagery to your front bar. That way endless hail can hit harder since you switched to your front bar after casting. I know the vMA bow essential when I did it.

Edit: Okay I tried again and it was easy. I kept the whole fight by the rocks so that everything was in one place. I used the spiders from the undaunted, cal trops, trap beast, endless hail with vMA bow, camaflage hunter sloted on front bar, stampede and power extraction (for major brutality with no gap

Khajiit Stamblade with VO, 3 of 5 unfathomable (because I forgot I switched the unfathomable daggers out for the bow) ring of pale order and armor of the trainee heavy reinforced.

Not meta anything. Refresh the aoes constantly and buffs constantly. Don't try and burn the boss, just wait it out. The adds die the heavy aoes.
    Edited by Colecovision on July 20, 2021 4:09AM
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can as well resist it. The damage done by the sword is survivable if you have enough HP/armor.
    (you'll need to heal immediately after, though)
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    preevious wrote: »
    You can as well resist it. The damage done by the sword is survivable if you have enough HP/armor.
    (you'll need to heal immediately after, though)

How did you resist it...I tried blocking - fail...

• SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colecovision's method is what I have used as well. If you back up to the rock wall, you know roughly where the four ads will spawn and can AoE in advance. Use an AoE ultimate to easily get through the first spawn. If you run a perma-pet build, you will also find that you can direct pets to attack a particular target even when immobilized. Lastly, there is supposedly technique of running around to avoid this phase all-together, I haven't been able to make this work.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Colecovision's method is what I have used as well. If you back up to the rock wall, you know roughly where the four ads will spawn and can AoE in advance. Use an AoE ultimate to easily get through the first spawn. If you run a perma-pet build, you will also find that you can direct pets to attack a particular target even when immobilized. Lastly, there is supposedly technique of running around to avoid this phase all-together, I haven't been able to make this work.

I don't have a pet, but a companion...hmmmm