The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lag/latency issues after update

Aceslasher
Since the last update the game has been extremely laggy. This is what I experience on ps4-EU

1. Fishing is almost not doable, the game randomly freezes and a few seconds later it "catches up with itself"
2. Same problem when in combat. Game pauzes, few seconds later the mobs bounce around the screen at mach 10 before it acts like usual again.
3. While moving there are many occasions the the character will continue moving in the current direction even if you are not moving the controller anymore or try to go another direction,
3.1. also while moving, there are some times you randomly get "warped back" to where you were 5-10 seconds ago. For example you cross a bridge, and suddenly a few seconds after crossing it you're back to the beginning of the bridge.

These issues are not due to my network either. I played on multiple networks and all show the same problems.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 20, 2021 9:37PM
  • cabwav
    cabwav
    Soul Shriven
    The same issue as 3.1 above on PC: while moving, sometimes a loading screen is displayed and you find yourself back at a location where you were a couple of seconds earlier. This happens at around 1hr intervals

Also, a defeated world boss is not marked as 'completed' (e.g. Auridon, Heritance Proving Ground)

regards, cabwav
    PC-EU
    I'm not a native English speaker so please bear with me...

"The repair will cost you €100. That's €1 for the hit with the hammer and €99 for knowing WHERE to hit"
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Aceslasher

Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aceslasher wrote: »
    Since the last update the game has been extremely laggy. This is what I experience on ps4-EU

1. Fishing is almost not doable, the game randomly freezes and a few seconds later it "catches up with itself"
    2. Same problem when in combat. Game pauzes, few seconds later the mobs bounce around the screen at mach 10 before it acts like usual again.
    3. While moving there are many occasions the the character will continue moving in the current direction even if you are not moving the controller anymore or try to go another direction,
    3.1. also while moving, there are some times you randomly get "warped back" to where you were 5-10 seconds ago. For example you cross a bridge, and suddenly a few seconds after crossing it you're back to the beginning of the bridge.

These issues are not due to my network either. I played on multiple networks and all show the same problems.

I can confirm the same problem. I have skills firing and progression updates delayed, attack animations delayed. All since the last update.

@ZOS_BillE Sorry man, but I think there's a problem with the latest patch again. I wasn't having any lag until this last patch.
  • Aceslasher
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Aceslasher

Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online

the thing is, I've been using the same network for 6 months without a single issue aside from the regular cyrodiil latency until this last patch. I hooked up my ps4 at multiple adresses when I went to friends. At all places the issues were there.
    So whatever the issue is, it is caused by something in your servers and not our networks.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, same here, and same mitigation effort results as other folks.

Please look into this, ZOS. I've been a paying customer since this game launched in 2014, and I'd like to remain one.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."