The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I would like to see older sets become more viable again

Togal
Togal
✭✭✭✭
Sets nowadays are just the same old thing, alchemist, vates, pariah while everything else is just useless, maybe its time to update the older sets and make them viable again.

I would like to see older sets become more viable again 40 votes

Make older sets viable
85%
Gilvothkypranb14_ESOPurpleDrankboldscotSorakaCastageremeekeyceeCaptainVenomSanctum74WuuffyymeekmikoTommy_The_GunChilly-McFreezeJierdanitExtinct_Solo_PlayerjoseayalacRaptorRodeoGodmilllaurieExistingRug61StarOfElyon 34 votes
Don't make them viable
2%
Amottica 1 vote
Neutral/It depends
12%
StxCatagamiTheUndeadAmuletJTDMrMazurski 5 votes
  • hundergrn
    hundergrn
    ✭✭✭
    Useless if you are min/maxing, chasing meta, or mixing wrong. Plenty of bad sets out there but plenty of good sets too. The downside to it is theory crafting is labor intensive and time-consuming for those that do not have that abundance of transmute stones and lack of a sticker collection.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make older sets viable
    Honestly I feel this game does not need any new sets anymore. What we need is balance and more actually useful sets.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Can't have the old proc sets being useful, then the new procs wouldn't be as powerful, and then people wouldn't buy the new expansions/chapters 😉

(devil's advocate)
    Edited by Syrpynt on July 17, 2021 2:16PM
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think zos has been visit sets that were duds lately. I think some changes to med sets that provide heals you don't have to chase would be nice
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't make them viable
    Many of the sets that are not posed in builds are viable. They are not meta and that is fine. Heck, if they were reworked to be meta then other sets would no longer be meta. That is the reality of the situation.

As such it would be a waste of time to rework the sets.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    I think zos has been visit sets that were duds lately. I think some changes to med sets that provide heals you don't have to chase would be nice

May as well just say it: Essence Thief.

That set made me angry after spending hours farming it...
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neutral/It depends
    Literally no matter what, there will always be meta sets that are commonly used. And while there are still plenty of bad old sets in the game, they have already gone back and made a lot of old sets good. There are lots of options for builds in the game currently, moreso in pvp but in pve too there are lots of sets to run.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make older sets viable
    Amottica wrote: »
    Many of the sets that are not posed in builds are viable. They are not meta and that is fine. Heck, if they were reworked to be meta then other sets would no longer be meta. That is the reality of the situation.

As such it would be a waste of time to rework the sets.

Some sets are just bad. Some sets don't meet current standards. They are objectively outdated.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make older sets viable
    Honestly I feel this game does not need any new sets anymore. What we need is balance and more actually useful sets.

100% with this. And making older sets viable means more unique builds. Don't want to see everybody with the same buld.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    You know, if Zenimax keeps this meta stuff up and you ever get tired of chasing it, there's always housing+furniture+achievements+role-playing guilds.

You can still theorycraft, use suboptimal sets for niche builds and still enjoy the game.

Example:

Right now I'm working on a Stamina/critical healer. *shrug*
    Edited by Syrpynt on July 19, 2021 5:09AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then ZOS "updates" a set that was technically outdated but was also fervently loved by the players who used it.

Congrats, they've killed Pelinal's Aptitude.

Sometimes, it's hard to figure out exactly what sets aren't used and how to update them. Because that's not the first niche set they've killed and it won't be the last.