Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should it be possible to explore Tamriels oceans and have player owned ships?

GodKingScormxon
GodKingScormxon
✭✭✭
I feel it would be nice to be able to explore Tamriels oceans, have played owned ships, swim underwater and fight underwater. To be able to fight massive sea monsters, dragons, and serpents along with being able to kill slotter fish and other water monster you had to fight in elder scrolls 3.

Should it be possible to explore Tamriels oceans and have player owned ships? 27 votes

Strongly Agree
29%
MalthorneYerBudKitsune2200UrzigurumashGodKingScormxonudabaSkaraMinocMesite 8 votes
Agree
7%
ReverbLugaldu 2 votes
Maybe Agree
3%
RaddlemanNumber7 1 vote
Disagree
59%
DarcyMardinwenchmore420b14_ESOAektannBrrrofskiAlucardomeekmikoSpurius_LuciliusJierdanitjaws343wishlist14colossalvoidsRinging_NirnrootFhritzRisenEclipseKen_KoerperichMrMazurski 16 votes
Strongly Agree
0%
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree
    Something like that, while neat, wouldn't work in ESO. You're much better off with something like Sea of Thieves or Assassin's Creed: Black Flag for sea fairing gameplay, which they both do really well.

Edited by Alucardo on July 16, 2021 8:58AM
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    Strongly Agree
    Sorry the last option is supposed to be strongly Disagree I didn't realize I put it in wrong lol
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree
    While the idea itself can be good, I think ESO need to cover every chunk of tamriel with playable area before even considering expanding the world to ocean and other part of nirn. Plus, I don't think the game engine is powerful enough to make this sort of gameplay without bug or lags
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    Strongly Agree
    Nothing ever happens over night by the time all of Tamriel is play able gaming consoles will be far more advanced. And having more servers in the game can help with performance if they did it right this MMORPG is unlike most of the others.
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree
    Nothing ever happens over night by the time all of Tamriel is play able gaming consoles will be far more advanced. And having more servers in the game can help with performance if they did it right this MMORPG is unlike most of the others.

Something tell me that you would like to do with this game Sims + City Skylines + Sea of Thieves + conqueror's blade? Anyone else have any ideas on what to add to the list to make ESO the freakiest game in the world where nothing works. but at least it could boast 1 million functions

Second thing, ESO and bigger, although here should be better servers don't connect together. They don't do that here
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    Strongly Agree
    Sims no never played city skylines or conquers blade. sea of thieves is a nice concept but requires to many people. RuneScape has player owned docks. It be really nice to have water based enemies again like the ones in Morrowind and dive underwater but most MMORPGs have lots of servers and it would be nice if ESO servers would allow data transfer in between them it might happen with the next generation consoles but I don't know if it's Microsoft or playstation holding them back or the game it's self even though they did it once when they brought the game to the consoles and if they did it once they can do it again. But their not alone on not being able to transfer data from PC to console or vice versa Diablo 3 is the same way.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    Strongly Agree
    I honestly don't know what you mean by Sims + City Skylines + Sea of Thieves + conqueror's blade
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    Strongly Agree
    ESO can do better than all of those. And is better than the Sims. I don't play the Sims anymore and there's nothing I like about the Sims. So I definitely wouldn't want ESO to do anything from the Sims.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strongly Agree
    It's a great new idea for a new chapter. I have pillars of eternity 2 and used to play Allods Online (they had ships in the air but I didn't play for that long.). I get seasick so the motions need to be carefully managed.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Agree
    After we have visited the 37,000 planes, chaos realms and pocket realities of Oblivion mentioned by Demogorath the Dread Archivist.
    PC EU
  • udaba
    udaba
    ✭✭✭
    Strongly Agree
    It wont work on ESO .
    PVP wont work at ESO , think about ships ...
    PC/EU 1600 CP+
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree
    Explore what exactly?

The fact that slaughter fish eat you instantly once your 20 feet from shore?

There are no islands you can't swim to safely, or none I've seen so far....

Strongly Disagree.....