Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please bring back MYM

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Cyrodiil feels so lifeless again, and IC is going to be completely abandoned. During MYM you could log in before work at 7-9am and it'd be rocking. Le sigh.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember back when the IC was first released that you could log in most of the time and there'd still be action. :'(
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    I remember back when the IC was first released that you could log in most of the time and there'd still be action. :'(

It was so good. The TTK was a lot lower, so the fights were much more fun too. God I miss the IC days..
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

It was so good. The TTK was a lot lower, so the fights were much more fun too. God I miss the IC days..

Thems were for sure the days. Also getting scared out of my pants when accidentally turning a corner right into one of those hard to kill bosses, noping out of that and turning another wrong corner into a bunch of enemy players and scramble for the first door I could get into spamming cloak so hard I thought my keybind was about to break. :D
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup wish the population finds Cyrodiil outside of MM. Sadly no, today I logged in one color map. All the scrolls were taken by one faction. Pvdoor zergs are back to their favourite activity.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup wish the population finds Cyrodiil outside of MM. Sadly no, today I logged in one color map. All the scrolls were taken by one faction. Pvdoor zergs are back to their favourite activity.

Yeah sadly it looked like my faction had swiped every scroll and taken the whole map in the morning. So when I logged on there was nothing to do lol
    If it was still MYM then there'd be stuff going on all over the place, but today people were just taking resources which was super boring.
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil needs to have alchemy mat vendors. Let people buy alchemy mats with alliance points. Like 3 Columbine for 2k alliance points or something. If zos does this, there would be an increase in pvp population.

This is a least talked about topic. Investing in a 30 day campaign or 7 day campaign, cost resources, like tri pots, poisons and detect pots, ect...

The cheap alliance pots are only good if you have no alternative to tri pots, immov pots, ect...People go into pvp with their best gear, best setup, best food...so they rarely use alliance pots.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thems were for sure the days. Also getting scared out of my pants when accidentally turning a corner right into one of those hard to kill bosses, noping out of that and turning another wrong corner into a bunch of enemy players and scramble for the first door I could get into spamming cloak so hard I thought my keybind was about to break. :D

omg the flag bosses. The loud screech they made always made me jump five foot into the air. People complain about losing their tel var today, but in the beginning we lost like 80 or 90%. It was huuuuge. It took me months to save up for a set of shield breaker because of the tel var loss and pve in the sewers used to be difficult.
    Nowadays 25k tel var is nothing but pocket change. IC used to feel like a roguelite game where you lost everything upon death xD

Edited by Alucardo on July 8, 2021 3:25AM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to buy the MYM performance. Wasn't great but noticeably worse now that its over.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    Want to buy the MYM performance. Wasn't great but noticeably worse now that its over.

My performance was okay yesterday (mostly because cyrodiil was empty lol), but I was having some weird bugs I didn't have during MYM, ie: perma slow, and randomly catching fire when there was no enemies around.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should make it permanent (both the 2x ap and the pelinial boxes from quests/rewards of the worthy mails). Then more people would play in Cyrodiil :(

One can dream :cold_sweat:
    EU | PC
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    They should make it permanent (both the 2x ap and the pelinial boxes from quests/rewards of the worthy mails). Then more people would play in Cyrodiil :(

One can dream :cold_sweat:

Agreed. I honestly don't see the harm in making it a permanent thing. If anything, it's healthy for the game imho.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah sadly it looked like my faction had swiped every scroll and taken the whole map in the morning. So when I logged on there was nothing to do lol
    If it was still MYM then there'd be stuff going on all over the place, but today people were just taking resources which was super boring.

Yup. My alliance kept doing the same thing the last few camps...so I left.

Seeing the whole map yellow, once a sad and unfortunate sight, is now one of joy and excitement! Instead of seeing nothing to do all you see is opportunity!

All you gotta do is take one town or outpost, and like moths to a flame they appear. And since they're so used to expecting no resistance at all you can get some really good fights out of it.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd be happy with them running it once a quarter...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    ...and randomly catching fire when there was no enemies around.

That Sheogorath is now making players spontaneous combust with the Wabbajack >:)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think PVE players should pick up their Undaunted Daily Quests in the middle of IC.

It would bring more bait players to IC. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IC is completely dead. There is no incentive to go. Might as well delete it from the game.
    PC NA
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    IC is completely dead. There is no incentive to go. Might as well delete it from the game.

The IC is the zone for making gold, learning ganks, and counter-play in a closed environment. etc

I don't expect anything more from this zone than a tel var stones farm with risk from enemy players. You have much better pvp zones like BG and Cyro
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrMazurski wrote: »
    learning ganks... risk from enemy players
    The first thing you would learn about IC ganking is that it's zero risk and all reward. If the solo boss farmer skillfully kills the ganker, they get zero telvars. But if they die, the ganker gets half their stuff, despite the ganker carrying zero themselves. It's pretty messed up and one of many reasons why players avoid IC.

They should just make MYM rewards permanent. MYM could be something even better then.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    learning ganks... risk from enemy players
    The first thing you would learn about IC ganking is that it's zero risk and all reward. If the solo boss farmer skillfully kills the ganker, they get zero telvars. But if they die, the ganker gets half their stuff, despite the ganker carrying zero themselves. It's pretty messed up and one of many reasons why players avoid IC.

They should just make MYM rewards permanent. MYM could be something even better then.

No way dude, playing Ganker or Bombblade in IC is "high risk, High reward" gameplay. Where your only risk is death and loading screen. And the biggest risk is complaining "why i can't kill tank, ZOS pls fix game" ;)

About rewards i dont know honestly. Yes and no. The MYM rewards are very cool. Maybe except for the hundreds of siege machines in the bank. I don't expect ZOS to do more for PvP next year than another MYM. These awards don't really mean anything to me. most people come to MYM to get AP quickly to get enough of them to buy something from Golden Vendor.
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    most people come to MYM to get AP quickly to get enough of them to buy something from Golden Vendor.
    Yeah I mean that too. Permanent "double" AP and permanent gold jewelry vendor for PvP sets.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't notice in the patch notes they are renaming MYM and specifically mention running it more than twice a year.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't notice in the patch notes they are renaming MYM and specifically mention running it more than twice a year.

I actually missed that part. Would be neat though.
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A permanent MYM won't solve that problem, just delay it. After a few weeks people have got everything they want and then Cyro dries out even with double AP.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    A permanent MYM won't solve that problem, just delay it. After a few weeks people have got everything they want and then Cyro dries out even with double AP.

It certainly won't be as populated as normal MYM, but I also don't think it would be as barren as it is now.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh Always kind of wanted them to do a Monthly Mayhem where they essentially do MYM one weekend a month. As opposed to the Semi-Annual Mayhem we have now.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    We already had 8 weeks double ap aoe test and 3 weeks double ap noproc test + 4 weeks midyear mayhem. I don’t think it is a good idea to compensate bad PvP by increasing the reward. Maybe it will pull more players into PvP but it won’t increase the fun. And even during Mid Year Mayham there were no battles on many campaigns on Pc Eu and you didn’t found a group on Ep when you type lfg.
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »

It certainly won't be as populated as normal MYM, but I also don't think it would be as barren as it is now.

MYM event do not fix the problem what struggling, tiring, destroys, frustrated at pvp zone. Mostly ppl running on MYM only for 2x AP and motif. And its mostly PVE players who just avoid PvP. And this is just a chance to look enough AP and have a whole broken pvp in ass for another year.

Pvp population is not barren, but it is also not the best. And double, better Rewards will not change anything in it. Who does not play PvP by simply lack of its development and it's pissed off by problems will not play more, after poor attempts to encourage him.

Give you a candy does not heal your wounds.
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP is the worst part of ESO, especially battlegrounds. They should not have Midyear Mayhem event at all. No company should be advertising the worst part of their product. Fix the issues first, then advertise.
    PC NA
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is the worst part of ESO, especially battlegrounds. They should not have Midyear Mayhem event at all. No company should be advertising the worst part of their product. Fix the issues first, then advertise.

This is actually accurate and a fair point.

They won't listen to it though. They're looking at upcoming competition in that side of the market from Amazon's game coming out. Which, unless some stuff is reverted/fixed and performance is delivered as promised, will be quite the detriment to their revenue.

People can claim "only 1% of people are pvpers", or what have you, but the reality is, at least 1/3 of the people in the 3 500 person guilds I'm in are showing Cyrodiil on their roster location at least half of their evenings. (XBox NA)

Even if you said that only 10-15% of people are pvpers across the game's subscription base, that is still the potential loss of 10-15% subscription and chapter purchase revenue, plus whatever variable of crown store purchases.

What happens when 10% of everyone's friends leave and start talking about another game? Another 10% leave to try one of those games. It cascades from there.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP is the worst part of ESO, especially battlegrounds.
    The worst parts is PVE, especially flooded by meta-mannequin-lovers.