The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

A list of problems on PS5 version of the game

muonlinei2
Just listing all the issues that I've seen so far on PS5 and that have been confirmed by other players. As I saw too many posts regarding each of them, it'll probably be easier even for ZOS to know what's happening if we just make a big post about all the issues, so here we go, feel free to add to this list if you guys see any other problem in the game:
  1. City of Ash 2, when going to the daedric part of the dungeon (after first portal), game crashes everytime I use any skill, sometimes with some heavy texture glitches before crashing, but right now it's unplayable (I didn't have time to test this one after wednesay's maintenance, so if someone can confirm, please do).
  2. Templar's skill "Spear Shards" is dropping frames during it's animation, no matter the place / situation.
  3. Templar's skill "Cleansing Ritual" is dropping frames in crowded places / heavy fights and it's somehow a LOT brighter than it was on PS4, making it very difficult to see some mechanics, AOE damages on certain situations.
  4. Some trials are dropping frames pretty badly, Sunspire being the worst case, and Cloudrest / Asylum Sanctorium being just fine overall, but all trials are at least dropping a few frames during their fights (this have been happening on both Fidelity and Performance modes).
  5. Dungeons are dropping frames too but not on all of them, just the more "crowded" ones, regarding detail and animation, probably has something to do with fire particles because the worst ones are the ones with lots of fire stuff.
  6. Damage / Healing numbers are way off their locations, besides self healing / self damage, the combat numbers are all over the place, and sometimes even at extreme corners of the screen.
  7. If you skip the ZOS / Bethesda intros, the main menu music glitches and starts earlier, then if you press X it starts again but a bit louder (this have been happening since blackwood launch on PS4 too).
  8. Everytime I start the game, when I login to any character, it auto joins Area voice chat.
  9. If I browse the crown store and preview items for a while, when I exit the store and switch bars, my character turns into the last item I previewed on crown store.
  10. Friends list is somewhat fixed (now it shows most of my friends but still not all of them).
  11. The names of the players that last spoke on game voice chat are being "pasted" on loading screens.
  12. The ZOS / Bethesda intros are muted on PS5 (just saw a post regarding this and looks like it's gonna be fixed in an incremental update).

These are the issues I saw so far on PS5, I don't know if they are happening on Xbox Series as I don't have one and my Xbox friends don't play ESO.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE
PS5 - NA
Argonian Templar Healer for life.
Completed: Craglorn Hard Modes | vDSA | vBRP | vMOLhm + DD | vAS+2 | vHOFhm | vCR+1 | vSS | vKA
CP 1400+
  • Muffinman
    Muffinman
    ✭✭✭
    You're missing the voice chat bug when you join a battleground, you're placed in the group voice chat. When you leave the battleground, you remain in that groups voice chat until you exit the game. No way to join another voice chat. You have to hear them yell and listen to their *** music until you get pissed enough to quit the game
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    muonlinei2 wrote: »
    Just listing all the issues that I've seen so far on PS5 and that have been confirmed by other players. As I saw too many posts regarding each of them, it'll probably be easier even for ZOS to know what's happening if we just make a big post about all the issues, so here we go, feel free to add to this list if you guys see any other problem in the game:
    1. City of Ash 2, when going to the daedric part of the dungeon (after first portal), game crashes everytime I use any skill, sometimes with some heavy texture glitches before crashing, but right now it's unplayable (I didn't have time to test this one after wednesay's maintenance, so if someone can confirm, please do).
    2. Templar's skill "Spear Shards" is dropping frames during it's animation, no matter the place / situation.
    3. Templar's skill "Cleansing Ritual" is dropping frames in crowded places / heavy fights and it's somehow a LOT brighter than it was on PS4, making it very difficult to see some mechanics, AOE damages on certain situations.
    4. Some trials are dropping frames pretty badly, Sunspire being the worst case, and Cloudrest / Asylum Sanctorium being just fine overall, but all trials are at least dropping a few frames during their fights (this have been happening on both Fidelity and Performance modes).
    5. Dungeons are dropping frames too but not on all of them, just the more "crowded" ones, regarding detail and animation, probably has something to do with fire particles because the worst ones are the ones with lots of fire stuff.
    6. Damage / Healing numbers are way off their locations, besides self healing / self damage, the combat numbers are all over the place, and sometimes even at extreme corners of the screen.
    7. If you skip the ZOS / Bethesda intros, the main menu music glitches and starts earlier, then if you press X it starts again but a bit louder (this have been happening since blackwood launch on PS4 too).
    8. Everytime I start the game, when I login to any character, it auto joins Area voice chat.
    9. If I browse the crown store and preview items for a while, when I exit the store and switch bars, my character turns into the last item I previewed on crown store.
    10. Friends list is somewhat fixed (now it shows most of my friends but still not all of them).
    11. The names of the players that last spoke on game voice chat are being "pasted" on loading screens.
    12. The ZOS / Bethesda intros are muted on PS5 (just saw a post regarding this and looks like it's gonna be fixed in an incremental update).

These are the issues I saw so far on PS5, I don't know if they are happening on Xbox Series as I don't have one and my Xbox friends don't play ESO.

Switch to pc?
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xv1_me wrote: »

Switch to pc?

Swapping to PC isn't something that's easy to do because nothing transfers and the player has to start completely from scratch.
  • Muffinman
    Muffinman
    ✭✭✭
    xv1_me wrote: »

Switch to pc?

I've played on PC for years and recently started playing on console again. I sit at desk all day doing programming. I want to lay on my couch when I'm done and relax, not sit in my chair some more.

I've played with controller on PC and it's not the same, it's a bit annoying to start up with a Bluetooth keyboard before you can switch to controller and you're at a huge competitive disadvantage with controller on PC. On console, you're competitive just laying back in your couch.
  • Kyell
    Kyell
    ✭✭
    Crashes of the game during loading screens are also not uncommon in the PS5 version.
    I wish the developers would work more carefully. Recently, some errors occurred that were avoidable (PS5 disc "problem", PSN problems).
    However, cross save would be quite nice and could have been implemented for years. (And except for some hard core traders, no one would have any disadvantages.)
  • muonlinei2
    Switch to pc?

It's not that easy, been playing since console launch, plus the characters, friends, moments and etc cannot be transfered. I always prefered console anyway.
    PS5 - NA
    Completed: Craglorn Hard Modes | vDSA | vBRP | vMOLhm + DD | vAS+2 | vHOFhm | vCR+1 | vSS | vKA
    CP 1400+
  • muonlinei2
    Kyell wrote: »
    Crashes of the game during loading screens are also not uncommon in the PS5 version.
    I wish the developers would work more carefully. Recently, some errors occurred that were avoidable (PS5 disc "problem", PSN problems).
    However, cross save would be quite nice and could have been implemented for years. (And except for some hard core traders, no one would have any disadvantages.)

Yeah I had one during PVP yesterday, weirdly enough the game froze and I had to manally close app (no blue / grey screen), and that took a loooooooong time to happen to me again, last one was more than a year ago!
    PS5 - NA
    CP 1400+
  • muonlinei2
    Muffinman wrote: »
    You're missing the voice chat bug when you join a battleground, you're placed in the group voice chat. When you leave the battleground, you remain in that groups voice chat until you exit the game. No way to join another voice chat. You have to hear them yell and listen to their *** music until you get pissed enough to quit the game

I didn't know about that one (I basically never do battlegrounds, personally I prefer Cyrodiil), but feel free to add other issues so ZOS can be faster in fixing them, that's the purpose of this post :smile:
    PS5 - NA
    CP 1400+
  • SaltyPug
    SaltyPug
    Soul Shriven
    I had the privilege of getting to hear someone sing along to Ghostbusters and Footloose tonight. That would have never happened if it wasn't for this new PS5 voice chat "feature".
    Doctor of Puganomics
  • Comaburr
    Comaburr
    ✭✭
    PS5 is sending a random Invitation Sent message out when I havent invited anyone to a group at all. It'll happen when I'm in a group, when I'm group lead, and when I'm playing solo. It's been happening since the PS5 upgrade. The worst part is I don't know who these invites are getting sent out to.
  • muonlinei2
    Comaburr wrote: »
    PS5 is sending a random Invitation Sent message out when I havent invited anyone to a group at all. It'll happen when I'm in a group, when I'm group lead, and when I'm playing solo. It's been happening since the PS5 upgrade. The worst part is I don't know who these invites are getting sent out to.

It's a glitch that has been happening on PS4 too, it should send invites only to who you sent (it's a feature some games use, where you can accept in-game invites through PSN invitations), but somehow it's sending invites to most ppl in whatever group you join. It also happens if someone in your group goes offline then comes back again.

And yes, been happening since next gen version launch.
    PS5 - NA
    CP 1400+
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have been kicked from skyreach pinnacle 7 times in the last 10 minutes. I've also had frequent drops from Battlegrounds and other travel
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed lag on my Necromancer's skills and not the normal type of lag either. Everything he casts won't proc right away or doesn't even fire off. I know it isn't my internet because all my other characters' skills are working as intended. The lag was there before the update but it just got worse. Much worse. I can't play him anymore :(
  • Poskok
    Poskok
    Soul Shriven
    Friends list is totally bugged, in two words it does not exist at all! I can’t even mail to friends, cause game crushes immediately, can’t add them, tp, etc only meet them in game by group invites.
  • muonlinei2
    I've noticed lag on my Necromancer's skills and not the normal type of lag either. Everything he casts won't proc right away or doesn't even fire off. I know it isn't my internet because all my other characters' skills are working as intended. The lag was there before the update but it just got worse. Much worse. I can't play him anymore :(

Could sound like a weird question, but are you playing in Fidelity mode? I noticed that input lag is a lot worse at 30fps now than it was at 30fps on the PS4 version of the game, even when running on PS5, so it could be a reason.

I basically can't play on Fidelity and only use it for photo mode now.
    PS5 - NA
    CP 1400+
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭

Could sound like a weird question, but are you playing in Fidelity mode? I noticed that input lag is a lot worse at 30fps now than it was at 30fps on the PS4 version of the game, even when running on PS5, so it could be a reason.

I basically can't play on Fidelity and only use it for photo mode now.

I've tried both modes and it doesn't seem to matter because it occurs on both. A lot less on Performance but still there to the point I can't play him. My guess is that has to do with the fps lag. It's just much more noticable on my necromancer vs my others.
  • BearCubInSky
    BearCubInSky
    ✭✭
    HDR is broken and default brightness is messed up too. These things have existed on all consoles for years and years and will not be fixed.
    Edited by BearCubInSky on July 14, 2021 10:13PM
  • muonlinei2
    HDR is broken and default brightness is messed up too. These things have existed on all consoles for years and years and will not be fixed.

Oh, that one I already lost hope...
    PS5 - NA
    CP 1400+
  • muonlinei2
    Just a heads up, went into Sunspire yesterday and FPS seems much better since the last maintenance, specially on Lokkestiiz (ice dragon), but still drops pretty bad.
    PS5 - NA
    CP 1400+