The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tel Galen & Jode's Embrace

• Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Vigarr wrote: »
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    I would get Tel Galen, but it has too many problems.

First of all, the interior layout is awkward, and difficult to arrange furnishings in comfortably.
    Second, it's surprisingly small, given the size and cost.
    Third, there's NO BALCONY. A universal feature of all the Telvanni towers in ES3 was that they had balconies.
    Fourth, it's absurdly expensive. There's no way I would pay $150 for that.

where'd you pull that amount from? For $150 you can buy 21k crowns....tel galen costs 8k crowns

They must have changed the price. Last time I saw it, it was 15k crowns, which equates to roughly $150 Canadian.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    ZOS, we need to talk about how we went from this

ZEeEhzU.png

to this

C1GKsEY.png

Why are the Telvanni towers in ESO covered in diseased intestines?

I agree with this, too. Honestly, what I wish they would do is repurpose one or two of the houses in Sadrith Mora into small homes. You know, the ones off to the south side of the town, like where the Argonian you help out lives.

I'd love one of those IN Sadrith Mora, preferably one with an upstairs and a downstairs.

A balcony upstairs would be awesome too, as long as it opens into the actual game world, like Grymharth's Woe's "balcony" does.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen
    Vigarr wrote: »

First of all, the interior layout is awkward, and difficult to arrange furnishings in comfortably.
    Third, there's NO BALCONY. A universal feature of all the Telvanni towers in ES3 was that they had balconies.

where'd you pull that amount from? For $150 you can buy 21k crowns....tel galen costs 8k crowns

They must have changed the price. Last time I saw it, it was 15k crowns, which equates to roughly $150 Canadian.

No. It has been 8k crowns unfurnished since at least 2017.

https://youtu.be/l79ozNCx_WM?t=197

You can see the price here at 3:20 mark
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 10, 2021 3:17AM
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Waiting for Princely Dawnlight Palace in Hew's Bane to make a return

That's a beautiful house but I bet it's expensive. Also I'm not crazy about the arid desert area.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tal Galen has and always will look like globs of Flesh Antronach flesh. If it didn't look like that, I would get it.

Yes. YES. I went to look at it yesterday because I adore the idea of a mushroom house, but it does look like it's made of lumps of low resolution flesh. It's like everything in Dunmer Land has to be rough and unpleasant.

Then I went inside. More lumps of flesh present, and the walls trigger my trypophobia. Nope. NOPE.

I'll just have to build my own mushroom house.

I made a mushroom roof in my Exorcised Coven Cottage,did work out pretty good.
    Not a full mushroom house but sort of.

Catch me sticking mushrooms on top of mine later to see how it looks. 🤔👍
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZEeEhzU.png

to this

C1GKsEY.png

Absolutely agreed. They talked about respecting the original source material and so gave us an update of Seyda Neen that is almost identical, that is sublime in its utterly pedestrian aesthetic that can be still be seen in half of Europe...

... but when confronted by something that was actually interesting, iconic and linked to its inhabitants, they decided that this was the time to get creative and change things.

No. Just no.

Sadrith Mora went from being a place that I loved in ME3 to being a place that, even though I own Tel Galen, I hardly visit because of the changes they made.

The Ald Velothi Harbor House and the Lake Amaya Lodge are both superior as they actually embody the design aesthetics of the Great Houses to which they are attributed.

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace

ZEeEhzU.png

to this

C1GKsEY.png

That is a difference like day and night :open_mouth:
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am waiting for other homes to return
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Waiting for Princely Dawnlight Palace in Hew's Bane to make a return

That's a beautiful house but I bet it's expensive. Also I'm not crazy about the arid desert area.

I think Hew's Bane has the best looking landscape in the game. :o
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am waiting for other homes to return
    Patiently waiting for Pariah's Pinnacle, please
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    *If* I get one it would likely be Jode's Embrace. I love all things cat and Khajiit :smile:
    Would make a nice training ground\dojo, has lots of possibilities.

Tel Galen has amazing views tho, would be perfect for my witch, now I'm torn LOL.

The first couple months I'd played I *thought* I wanted the Grand Psijic Villa. It looked so amazing on the outside.
    But once I earned the Hall of the Lunar Champion, I kinda fell out of love with the Psijic Villa, so when it finally came back to the store earlier this year I toured it, then passed.
    It looked nice on the outside, but inside it just felt incredibly huge, too huge and sterile. Kinda off-putting.

Anyway, that "If" answer is part *if* I can afford it (them?) and also *if* I reeeeally feel like taking on more homes.

I am STILL decorating HotLC but love the heck out of and I don't even have the 4th area unlocked, requires Sunspire completion iirc.
    Also have the Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery which I have plans for but is largely storage atm.
    I have a few of the starter flats to but mostly use them for fast travel jumps right now lol.
    So while it seems like a lot to me I also know housing is a love of mine and it's becoming my endgame, so more is better right? haha

Like others have said it would be very nice if there were a crown sale around the same time, the prices always seem so steep.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Tenthirty2 wrote: »

I am STILL decorating HotLC but love the heck out of and I don't even have the 4th area unlocked, requires Sunspire completion iirc.

You actually don't need Sunspire. Just need to complete Lair of Maarselok and Moongrave Fane on normal (or Vet, if you like hurting yourself, lol).
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

You actually don't need Sunspire. Just need to complete Lair of Maarselok and Moongrave Fane on normal (or Vet, if you like hurting yourself, lol).

Ah cool, TY.
    I'll prolly try to solo those two which on normal equates to me hurting myself anyway lol
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

Ah cool, TY.
    I'll prolly try to solo those two which on normal equates to me hurting myself anyway lol

It's possible to solo them but they are both very long specially Lair of Maarselok.
    I would suggest to run them with guild mates.
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit I'm tempted by Tel Galen. Yes, it's ugly on the outside, but I really like the inside. Problem is that even 8k is expensive if I don't really see much use for the house. I already have 3 others in the zone, and it's not located next to anything I'd like to visit regularly, so I can't even fool myself that it'll be useful for free teleports...
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Destai wrote: »

This. I want to like it. But 10k crowns??!??!!? Nope.

Is that for the furnished version? Unfurnished was only 8k.

Yeah, furnished version was 10k. Even 8k is too much. That's over $60. For a house.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jode's Embrace
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

This. I want to like it. But 10k crowns??!??!!? Nope.

Is that for the furnished version? Unfurnished was only 8k.

Yeah, furnished version was 10k. Even 8k is too much. That's over $60. For a house.

I usually well... usually save crowns I buy on sales for houses.
    As that requires a larger amount of crowns and I don't really want to spend so much gold as the exchange rates just are going up and up.
    With discounted crowns I love buying houses.

PS: Please ZOS bring a crown sale soon ^^