Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overload LA desync

xylena_lazarow
xylena_lazarow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Fired from stealth, multiple GCDs worth of Overload LA will hit you simultaneously before your client can respond. No sound, no animation. Stacked with Crushing Weapon and Crystal Weapon, this easily does 30k-40k to a heavily armored target with literally zero chance to respond before it hits you, due to client desync. I'm sure some big brain will point out that detect pots exist or that these builds are very fragile if you detect them. I know, I'd just like my client to actually respond to enemy attacks properly. Or bring back 45sec detect pots...
PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Its not multiple gcd worth of overload its just one. I do it all the time and all you are really doing is casting crystal weapon, equilibrium then you dizzy swing for off balance that in turns stuns them and immediately light and heavy attack since they are off gcd moves its just all goes off immediately . It kills pretty much everything i even one shotted the emp for 47k. A lot of times i dont even get to heavy attack because the first light attack already hit them for 15k-20k. I dont know if it does desync but it really doesnt need to and ill have the same effectiveness.
    Edited by mikey_reach on June 27, 2021 3:59PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not multiple gcd worth of overload its just one
    There's different versions of this but the one I've seen on PC/NA Gray Host only casts Overload, and it's usually 2 of them hitting simultaneously from stealth, though in lag I've seen 3-4. Snipe can do the same.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the desync from this skill is insane. The skill is fine otherwise. I reckon more people use this than normal because of the desync, which is frustrating. I hope they fix it soon.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, I saw this happens to a streamer on live. From full hp to 0 in a mili sec, the server doesn't even register all the damage sources. Death recap screen only shows crystal weapon.

Impirial city is loaded with sorcs(mostly magsorcs), this is probably why.

• Brazier_of_Roebeck
    Brazier_of_Roebeck
    Soul Shriven
    The overload desync is caused by using the psyjic spammable and the oblivion weapon enchant, Its OP
    Blastbones? Not OP at all...
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's literally full pre-made groups of it in BGs right now as well.

Its quickly approaching a desync 1 shot fest as more people catch on and dogpile into it.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    There's literally full pre-made groups of it in BGs right now as well.

Its quickly approaching a desync 1 shot fest as more people catch on and dogpile into it.

I'm on the fence about what dogpile will be largest...overload magsorcs, overload stam sorcs, or nightblades. At least I can deal with NBs, nothing I can do about OL desync.

• ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    The overload desync is caused by using the psyjic spammable and the oblivion weapon enchant, Its OP

Very interesting. Is there a video out there to demonstrate this? What I mean is, is there conformation of this. I wouldn't be surprised though. Certain individuals love to exploit things like this and then act like they're so good at pvp. Undertaker was a recent example of this. I wish zos would fix these things faster.
    Edited by ClawOfTheTwoMoons on July 1, 2021 3:23PM
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    Is this being looked on? Just started this game last year and I’m seeing it on posts as long as 2019

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_AntonioP
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    temerley wrote: »
    Is this being looked on?
    The 7.1 patch notes say that Overload will now remove you from stealth, and on top of that, stealth damage bonuses will now correctly apply to only a single hit. That should fix this nonsense. Hail Sithis.
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, even non-gank magsorcs cause desyncs with overload+ele weapon so they still have to look at it.
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    I guess they don't really want to acknowledge this huh?
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    temerley wrote: »
    I guess they don't really want to acknowledge this huh?
    The 7.1 patch notes are their acknowledgment. The stealth Overload desync thing should theoretically be gone. Heavy lag will still cause all kinds of desyncs where multiple GCDs all land at once, but that was never specific to Overload. It's likely a moot point either way since they're blanket nerfing damage yet again.