Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Make every set craft able & player made sets

GodKingScormxon
GodKingScormxon
✭✭✭
I feel that every set should be craft able and also to be able to craft an unique set that the players make them selves by researching an item for on of the set bonuses and having to research each piece of a set 5 times just t make equipment with 5 chosen bonuses from a list of all the bonuses you research from the
equipment that matchs that particular piece of equipment you want to make with a complete made by the character with a name for that set you choose if these set gear a player were to sell to other players those sets would have to be impossible to research but not impossible to deconstruct also the traits that increase your inspection a piece of equipment gives you and the traits that increase the value on a piece of equipment should be researchable and companion gear should also be researchable and craft able using half the material a players gear would cost to make and upgradable up to gold unless they allow you to equip the same gear you put on your characters with a modification of the level scaled so a cp 160 piece of equipment can only be placed on a level 20 companion.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the reconstruction system, every set is craftable. Instead of research, you just need to find it, then you can make all you need.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    That system sucks mainly because it costly unless you are playing dungeons or do battlegrounds every day with multiple characters a day I stay away from dungeons because to many people are rude and unsporting and battlegrounds is tough and yes those set are easy to get from monsters and are worthless to sell half the time but the other idea I have is what really would redefine the game to be able to make your own set that's what I would call cool honestly I don't know what I was thinking about making every set craft able now that I put more though to it it would make too many different crafting tables lol but the other idea is what I really meant to put across.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    With the reconstruction system, every set is craftable. Instead of research, you just need to find it, then you can make all you need.

Pretty much this and I have not seen a better system. I like that the cost becomes pretty low if you have collected much of the set. I was surprised Zenimax added such a system as it completely redefined gearing.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That system sucks mainly because it costly unless you are playing dungeons or do battlegrounds every day with multiple characters a day I stay away from dungeons because to many people are rude and unsporting and battlegrounds is tough and yes those set are easy to get from monsters and are worthless to sell half the time but the other idea I have is what really would redefine the game to be able to make your own set that's what I would call cool honestly I don't know what I was thinking about making every set craft able now that I put more though to it it would make too many different crafting tables lol but the other idea is what I really meant to put across.

If you don't want to run dungeons, you can still acquire a ton of great gear from overland content or from the crafted sets already available.

Hundings Rage and Law of Julianos are still staple crafted sets for stamina and magicka builds respectively. Sets like Fortified Brass or Shacklebreaker are solid PVP choices if you want to stick to what you can craft.

Similarly, you can get good gear from overland sets. Mother's Sorrow is a great magicka set from Deshaan. Spriggan's Thorns is a great stamina set from Bangkorai. Pariah from Wrothgar is a hot item in PVP right now. There are loads of solid sets to pick from without ever touching group content. You can even buy all those sets from the guild traders.

Battlegrounds gear and all the Cyrodiil sets can be bought from Guild Traders.

That gear should be easily able to handle all overland content and give a solid start on group content if you want to give it a try.

In fact, if you save up your gold, you can even buy Monster sets from the Golden Vendor in Cyrodiil. She stocks 2 shoulders or 2 Helms every weekend in Cyrodiil.

ESO is pretty forgiving in that it's really not hard to get solid gear if you don't run dungeons, arenas, or trials. Much of "the best" PVE gear is in dungeons, arenas, and trials, but if you aren't doing that content, there's absolutely no reason to sweat that you don't have that gear.

Out of curiosity, what sort of effects would you want on your 5-piece player made set?
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 11, 2021 9:53PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reconstructing could use some tweaking like being able to make a set in another armor type once you have completed the entire collection. Such as a set that only comes in Light armor, once you have all pieces in that set filled it allows you to create Medium and Heavy variant pieces as well at double the cost. This won't let you create slots that don't exist for that set so if it only has weapons and jewelry for example won't let you make helms, chest, or legs.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reconstructing could use some tweaking like being able to make a set in another armor type once you have completed the entire collection. Such as a set that only comes in Light armor, once you have all pieces in that set filled it allows you to create Medium and Heavy variant pieces as well at double the cost. This won't let you create slots that don't exist for that set so if it only has weapons and jewelry for example won't let you make helms, chest, or legs.

That might well mess up the balance ZOS has with armor. They have a lot of sets where they want them in certain weights, which means that players have to farm weapons and jewelry if they want the set but not the armor.

For example, my PVP healer wears two light armor sets. It'd be kind of sweet to make one of them into heavy armor for the extra protection, but that might also get kind of broken.
  • GodKingScormxon
    GodKingScormxon
    ✭✭✭
    I mostly rune twice-born star and shackle breaker sets I am able to make all the craft able sets I used to use hunters rage set I also agree with being able to make sets you already own into armor types they don't come in I was always the type of person who uses heavy armor in the old games heavy armor always worked best because as you increased you stats heavy armor didn't burden you so much sometimes I wish I never spent $1000 on ESO but you can't take back the past you can only move forward in life.