The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Anyone else getting this error when closing out of Fencing items

majulook
majulook
✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, few times, but not sure which addon causing that.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    Yup, few times, but not sure which addon causing that.

I do not think its a add on...

I am pretty sure that the errors esoUI/ingame/utility/textsearchmanager is part of actual game code.

Edited by majulook on July 12, 2021 5:50PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. Not bothered to check without addons. If it's not an addon issue, it will be fxed in few years.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I just got that a few minutes ago. Looks like the patch today messed something up. I would also tend to believe it's an addon an am not too worried about it messing anything up apart from the error message.
    PC NA
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I got that error message yesterday on PC-NA after the maintenance.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't from an add-on, because I don't use any add-ons and I've been getting it. We've posted about it in the Bugs forum. You can just (E) Dismiss Error and the game continues as though nothing bad happened, so it isn't a game-breaking bug, just an annoying one. Given the specific details we've reported, I imagine it should be easy to fix and will hopefully get taken care of in the next incremental patch-- i.e., in a couple of weeks.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, happened today for the first time.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've seen this too. I disabled my add-ons but it still pops up.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    Been getting that today too.
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes same here both times I have visited the fence today.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea, got it yesterday.
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, getting it on all fencing since last update.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, still have it, day two. After closer look, it is rather UI thing, not addon.
    Edited by Ippokrates on July 13, 2021 12:54PM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to provide your reports. We wanted to let you know that we are aware of the issue and working on pushing out a fix for it.

Thank you for your understanding and we will provide an update when one is available!
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA No Steam. This started for me with 100% reliability when exiting a fence dialogue yesterday (July 12) after the patch.

Thanks to @majulook for making this thread so I know it's not just me.

Thanks also to @ZOS_Adrikoth for the quick acknowledgement that it does appear to be a game problem so I don't have to fret troubleshooting my add ons. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No add-ons and getting it. PC NA
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No add-ons. Getting it PCNA.

S.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup. PC/NA (non-steam).
  • mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    mr_stealth_b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's also happening on Stadia, which uses a custom version of the PC client.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Managed to copy the text in one error message. Pressing fullstop . to get into cursor mode did not work while this error was active for the other times this bugged out.

bad argument #2 to 'string.format' (string expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'string.format'
    EsoUI/Ingame/Utility/TextSearchManager.lua:86: in function 'ZO_TextSearchManager:ActivateTextSearch'
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{fireCallbackDepth = 0}, currentContext = "fenceTextSearch", contextSearch = [table:2]{isActive = T, isDirty = F, searchText = ""} </Locals>|r
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:772: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:SetContextForInventories'
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:3]{itemsLockedDueToDeath = F, selectedTabType = 1}, inventoryTypeList = [table:4]{1 = 1} </Locals>|r
    EsoUI/Ingame/StoreWindow/Keyboard/StoreWindow_Keyboard.lua:193: in function 'CloseStoreWindow'
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »
    Managed to copy the text in one error message. Pressing fullstop . to get into cursor mode did not work while this error was active for the other times this bugged out.

stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/Utility/TextSearchManager.lua:86: in function 'ZO_TextSearchManager:ActivateTextSearch'
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{fireCallbackDepth = 0}, currentContext = "fenceTextSearch", contextSearch = [table:2]{isActive = T, isDirty = F, searchText = ""} </Locals>|r
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:772: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:SetContextForInventories'
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:3]{itemsLockedDueToDeath = F, selectedTabType = 1}, inventoryTypeList = [table:4]{1 = 1} </Locals>|r
    EsoUI/Ingame/StoreWindow/Keyboard/StoreWindow_Keyboard.lua:193: in function 'CloseStoreWindow'

On PC, the cursor pops out again if you alt-tab
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I got that error message too. PC EU
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    LalMirchi wrote: »

stack traceback:

On PC, the cursor pops out again if you alt-tab

Thanks, I'll do that next time this error pops up.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to provide your reports. We wanted to let you know that we are aware of the issue and working on pushing out a fix for it.

Thank you for your understanding and we will provide an update when one is available!

Just got the same error after interacting with Fezez (only once, even though I sell him stuff like every few minutes):
    stack traceback:
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{fireCallbackDepth = 0}, currentContext = "mailTextSearch", contextSearch = [table:2]{searchText = "", isActive = T, isDirty = F} </Locals>|r

Edit: It got immediately followed up by:
    stack traceback:
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{fireCallbackDepth = 0}, currentContext = "mailTextSearch", contextSearch = [table:2]{searchText = "", isActive = T, isDirty = F} </Locals>|r
    EsoUI/Ingame/Fence/Keyboard/Fence_Keyboard.lua:126: in function 'ZO_Fence_Keyboard:OnClosed'
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:5]{} </Locals>|r
    EsoUI/Ingame/Fence/Fence_Base.lua:13: in function 'callback'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:107: in function 'ZO_CallbackObjectMixin:FireCallbacks'
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:6]{totalLaunders = 50, laundersUsed = 0, totalSells = 50, sellsUsed = 0, fireCallbackDepth = 1}, eventName = "FenceClosed", registry = [table:7]{}, callbackInfoIndex = 1, callbackInfo = [table:8]{3 = F}, callback = EsoUI/Ingame/Fence/Fence_Base.lua:13, deleted = F </Locals>|r
    EsoUI/Ingame/Fence/Fence_Manager.lua:41: in function 'ZO_Fence_Manager:OnFenceClosed'
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:6] </Locals>|r
    (tail call): ?
    EsoUI/Ingame/Fence/Fence_Manager.lua:20: in function '(anonymous)'
    |caaaaaa<Locals> eventCode = 131300 </Locals>|r

Edit2: on testing, it happens when I hit the "Mail" button while trader interface is open. Just closing the trader interface doesn't cause the error.
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on July 15, 2021 11:20AM
  • Alexandrion91
    Alexandrion91
    Soul Shriven
    happend to me today : bad argument #2 to 'string.format' (string expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{fireCallbackDepth = 0}, currentContext = "fenceTextSearch", contextSearch = [table:2]{isActive = T, searchText = "", isDirty = F} </Locals>|r
    |caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:3]{selectedTabType = 1, itemsLockedDueToDeath = F}, inventoryTypeList = [table:4]{1 = 1} </Locals>|r
    Drive like Devil &Feel like God!
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, EU.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also get errors whenever leaving a Fence screen, just as described above.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SAME. every time. :)
    PC
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, just started getting this error message, but see above that ZoS is aware so it will get fixed at some point :)

(PC NA & PC EU)

Edited by Rowjoh on July 18, 2021 6:03AM
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's it, have it too since Friday... :/
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA