Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One year later, what are the improvements?

Tigor
Tigor
✭✭✭
A very short evaluation. After all the testing the only change I can remember is reducing the group size from 24 to 12 players. A change of one number in one year. Has the performance improved? Difficult to measure from our side. Still like to play the game dispite all the complains, because of the awesome people here.
GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They tanked performance so bad at the begining of 2020 with the stadia patch, I haven't seen any improvement since.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the change to 12 man happened I remember seeing a noticable improvement. Now things are still not great, so it's not like it made the game lag free.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    They said that 2017 was the year they'd look into performance. Just wait til then
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    When the change to 12 man happened I remember seeing a noticable improvement. Now things are still not great, so it's not like it made the game lag free.

Directly after group size reduction to 12 players, the groups were sooner full and the ungrouped players started to faction stack. A shift from grouped to stacked player formations. The reason that in the beginning of the change improvements could be noticed. Shortly there after some players saw the stacks like zergs, and AP farming groups became more popular, especially during prime time when servers are highly populated. A pity because that lead to a less campaign dedicated mindset and a decrease in performance, especially when the proc sets (4/5 -> 5/5) were activated.
    GM - Decimation Elite - Ebonheart Pact - Ravenwatch EU/PC - aka Tigor (AR50), Leopard Tank (AR50) , Captain-Caveman (AR50), Tigors Claw (AR50), -Bud Spencer (AR38+)
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    After so many years, I still wonder why all this PVE content on Cyro? Why these NPC monsters, dealve, dolmens etc.
    Maybe it wouldn't improve Cyro's performance much, but there's always one component less that nobody uses.
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrMazurski wrote: »
    After so many years, I still wonder why all this PVE content on Cyro? Why these NPC monsters, dealve, dolmens etc.
    Maybe it wouldn't improve Cyro's performance much, but there's always one component less that nobody uses.

I doubt it impacts much, especially the delves considering they are in a completely different instance. Some of my fondest memories were doing those cyrodiil quests in under 50 pvp with the added dangers of players lurking nearby.

Here we were having a tea party with a docile, yet rather insane Necromancer.

eJYo0I7.jpg

Then there's the 2 women and man between Ales and bleaker. If you actually speak to them, it turns out he was a bit of a play boy and the girls were planning something rather.. sinister to ensure it doesn't happen again.
    I think the PvE stuff should remain tbh.

Edited by Alucardo on July 5, 2021 1:20PM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should remove the Cyrodiil server, which is almost empty.
    And give the extra server to the other.
    Only two Cyrodiil are enough. (CP and non CP)
  • Tigor
    Tigor
    ✭✭✭
    5bcd0d06c3d103056dd09b8b2ebcfcad.png
  • Brander12
    Brander12
    ✭✭
    Empty Cyrodiil in PC_EU isn't an improvement? Just awesome!
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game simply doesn’t work during prime time, which means it simply doesn’t work for the majority of players. It’s broken and they have no way of fixing it. Maybe they will revert the stadia patch and move more processes back to the server but I highly doubt that will happen. This is Cyro, it’s not changing any time soon!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play less and have improved my physical condition :)
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall? Runs and plays worse than it did when my friends and I started back in March 2020.

Of a group of 7, there are only 2 of us still playing. A 3rd plays sometimes, but not much. He typically won't bother with pvp. - They're all on hiatus awaiting the release of the beast that shall not be named.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m using the Xbox one X and can’t stay logged in during prime time. There is no point in playing.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opened thread hoping to find an answer to OP's question...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried Ravenwatch yesterday.
    No break free working, to swap bar you had to click at least 3 times. Ulti not firing. Desync causing your healt to go from full to zero in one sec.
    Went to Blackreach but was empty.
    Logged off.

End of story.

• nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the performance related change in "the Stadia patch" that's mentioned several times in this thread?
    Edited by nightstrike on August 9, 2021 8:04AM
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was the performance related change in "the Stadia patch" that's mentioned several times in this thread?

Performance got worse, server side calculations made everything worse. Cheaters got removed since its no longer client side calculations. Might be one of the reasons performance is so bad compared to years ago.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, there are no improvements. :/
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • FolksySpade
    Just stop playing the game and they'll either be forced to make changes, or completely scrap it. Either way, you win.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just stop playing the game and they'll either be forced to make changes, or completely scrap it. Either way, you win.

You have this backwards. More players and revenue equals more investment in PvP.

ESO will never die with the f2p + crown store business model.
    PC NA
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

You have this backwards. More players and revenue equals more investment in PvP.

ESO will never die with the f2p + crown store business model.

So why was there never any investment into cyrodiil when the population caps were three times higher?