Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Moving in game map?

iggysword
iggysword
I would like to start playing on a triple monitor set up. One of the main reasons would be to move the in game map to one of the side screens so I can play with it open and view my movements and locations if it's possible. I know there is an addon called Azurah that lets you move the ui elements. Does anyone know if the map can be moved? If so how? Thanks

Best Answers

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vanilla map screen captures your key/mouse input, so simply moving it to another screen would still not allow you to play the game while the map is open.

I think a more realistic approach would be to find a mini-map AddOn that allows you to make the mini-map much larger and/or modify an existing AddOn to do just that.
    idea.gif

Answer ✓
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    The vanilla map screen captures your key/mouse input, so simply moving it to another screen would still not allow you to play the game while the map is open.

I think a more realistic approach would be to find a mini-map AddOn that allows you to make the mini-map much larger and/or modify an existing AddOn to do just that.
    idea.gif

Votan’s minimap can have the size and scale adjusted, and can be placed anywhere on the screen. This may fit OP’s needs
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Answer ✓
  • iggysword
    iggysword
    Another silly question. I was able to drag the in-game mini map to a side screen and enlarge it. It does not interfere with game play and serves my purpose. So is there an addon for a second mini map or map that can be resized that I can keep on the main screen? It sounds like the addon Votan's Mini Map uses the in-game one and does not make a second one. Thanks
  • iggysword
    iggysword
    Reverb wrote: »

idea.gif

Votan’s minimap can have the size and scale adjusted, and can be placed anywhere on the screen. This may fit OP’s needs

Just wondering that can be done with the games minimap as well. What is the advantage of using Votan's? Would it replace the one in game? I just started playing ESO recently and it sounds like there wasn't any minimap at one time.
    If I move the minimap to a side screen it helps my purpose but, I would also like to have another minimap as well. Thanks
    Edited by iggysword on July 8, 2021 3:13PM
  • iggysword
    iggysword
    iggysword wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »

idea.gif

Just wondering that can be done with the games minimap as well. What is the advantage of using Votan's? Would it replace the one in game? I just started playing ESO recently and it sounds like there wasn't any minimap at one time.
    If I move the minimap to a side screen it helps my purpose but, I would also like to have another minimap as well. Thanks

nvm somehow I wound up with Votan's minimap installed thinking it was a in-game one.