Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Combating the Stuck-in-Combat Bug: Mounted Combat

neferpitou73
neferpitou73
✭✭✭✭✭
The stuck-in-in combat bug has been in the game for years at least. It's obviously very annoying since you can't mound while in combat which tends to hamper things like scroll runs, rushing to defend a keep, etc. After a particularly bad instance of this it occured to me that ZOS could simply let us mount in combat without affecting the gameplay greatly since: 1.) It takes a long time to mount (or at least pausing for that amount of time in actual combat will get you killed) and 2.) If you get knocked off your horse you get stunned 3.) You can't cast skills without dismounting. ZOS could increase these penalties if needed to keep combat the same while at the same time working around this obnoxious bug. What say the rest of you.

Combating the Stuck-in-Combat Bug: Mounted Combat 10 votes

Yes I'd like to see mounted combat implemented in this way
60%
EvergnarGreasytenguvesselwiththepestlecolossalvoidsLightYagamineferpitou73 6 votes
No, this sounds like a terrible idea
30%
ScamandrosDrSlaughtrBrrrofski 3 votes
Other
10%
geonsocal 1 vote
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mount in combat you should start with 0 mount stamina so that any hit knocks you off. The Stun from getting dismounted should prevent/punish people using it while actually in a fight.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounting in combat would thoroughly mess up Cryodiil. I can give many examples as to why. Here's one.

AD, with their 3 bars, are alliance zerging BRK. While they are distracted with siege, a group of reds ride to flag Sej. A yellow guard puts the call out.

As it stands, yellows would have to run much of the way to defend their spawn point. With enough red siege, that is plenty of time to at least flag it.

But if they could mount in combat, you'd have zero chance to flag and flip Sej because yellow forces could ride there in 15 seconds.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    wait what, i thought being permanently stuck in combat was a feature now...it's still considered a bug???
    48tD8yh.gif?noredirect
    Edited by geonsocal on July 8, 2021 2:03AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounting in combat would thoroughly mess up Cryodiil. I can give many examples as to why. Here's one.

AD, with their 3 bars, are alliance zerging BRK. While they are distracted with siege, a group of reds ride to flag Sej. A yellow guard puts the call out.

As it stands, yellows would have to run much of the way to defend their spawn point. With enough red siege, that is plenty of time to at least flag it.

But if they could mount in combat, you'd have zero chance to flag and flip Sej because yellow forces could ride there in 15 seconds.

But the only reason they can't ride there in the current patch is because of the combat bug. If they aren't currently fighting anything I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to mount and ride away. As far as I'm concerned it seems the no mounting in combat feature is to ensure that someone you're fighting can't just mount up and run away before you kill them.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer they just fixed the being stuck in combat but to be honest.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But the only reason they can't ride there in the current patch is because of the combat bug. If they aren't currently fighting anything I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to mount and ride away. As far as I'm concerned it seems the no mounting in combat feature is to ensure that someone you're fighting can't just mount up and run away before you kill them.

I don't think you read what I wrote.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr