The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hist Bark or Whitestrake's Retribution for pvp

ehgz
ehgz
Soul Shriven
I've got a redguard stam DK that I want to do some wvw. Having read some topics in the forums, I'm going to put impenetrable on each piece.

One has a lot more health. The other has some stamina.

Does it matter?
  • ehgz
    ehgz
    Soul Shriven
    Follow up question.

Would you use all stamina glyphs? To give the set as much stamina as possible?

• Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I won't comment on those specific armor sets, but you can use both together if you wanted.

The issue about health vs. resources really depends on how experienced you are with PvP in this game.

Rough rule of thumb you'll want (edit) at least 30k hp total almost regardless of your build. Players deal a ton of damage.

Once you're more experienced you can lower the health or even raise it.

Glyph enchantments can be overwritten and they're pretty cheap even gold. You can put all +Health enchants on your gear, and try that. If you don't like it, just get some +Stamina glyphs and overwrite the health glyphs.

Traits are not as easy to change though, and you'd want to transmute the piece or craft a new one in order to change the trait.
    Edited by Fennwitty on July 6, 2021 7:53PM
    PC NA
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It sounds like you are going for a PVP tank build. You'll want to focus on armor, health, and resistances. Resources are important, but you can get them from tri-stat foods and glyphs instead of your sets. You will be sacrificing damage in return.

Whitestrake is one of those "too little too late" sets. A 13K damage shield will last for one hit, two if you are lucky. I'm always wary of a set that is dependent on your health dropping dramatically to proc it. Not useful in group PVE, and in PVP its usually not enough to trade off for a better 5th piece. Plus, a craftable set like Orgnum's Scales looks like it would outperform Whitestrake with no cooldown with less of a hit to your health.

Also, don't forget to check out guild traders in addition to crafted sets. Something like Alessian Order is a decent PVP set and usually inexpensive