The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Why Would You Worship Akatosh?

CE_Nex
CE_Nex
✭✭✭
Aurbic reality, by its nature, is inert. It is the sum total of a series of deterministic values that exist to limit and define infinity. However, the nature of infinity is that it has no beginning and it has no ending. Therefore, all deterministic values are caught between two zeroes and are thus Voided. In Protean-Creatia Physics, we call this the Anuic Principle: the natural tendency of everything to be nothing.

The Marukhati misinterpreted this reality as to what they referred to as "the One goes Missing", and used it to vindicate the notion of Unitary-Essence and thus plugged in Lorkhanic values as double. Had they paid attention to the results of the Dwemer (not for naught did they call their doom the Prime Gestalt) they would have learned the fallacy of this. Sadly, monkey see, monkey do.

However, by introducing direction into the Aurbic equations, we begin to see the static magnitudes form beginnings and endings and give birth to the concept of change. Therefore, deterministic values fall away and give rise to probability. Even so, it must be noted that natural temporal direction is indefinite and utterly subjective: thus too are the introduced beginnings and endings indefinite. This turbulent flow of time renders probability the equal of reality, eliminating the concept of impossibility unless otherwise stated through the use of linearity; as explained in Vehk's Book of Numbers.

And it is for this reason that the Prime Mover of Duration is also revered as the Father of Vectors.

-Transcripts taken from the quiet mutters of Inmate 10-25-7-7-1-12-1-7: a once respected numerologist of the University of Gwilym who was driven into a quiet and harmless, near innocent, lunacy after being held hostage for 17 days by Sheogorath Cultists.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akatosh is the Dragon God of Time. What's not to like about his ability to help you time travel or even give you a dragon? :)

Now, my elf is a Paladin of Kynareth, but she likes to be on the good side of all the Nine (or Eight if you haven't traveled time and seen the future).
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    A very interesting model of Aurbic possibility and probability.
    This one would suggest that considering it in the light of:

Time being a measure of the duration of consciousness.

Will perhaps provide further insights on various levels of realities.

• sheesh1991
    sheesh1991
    Soul Shriven
    He’s a dragon! That’s why I would worship him!
  • Čičiliusku
    Čičiliusku
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you worship the Aedra?
    This bird is watching you from afar
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Endurance, invincibility, and everlasting legitimacy. Those qualities do not represent everyone, of course, so I can see why a mortal, or even some immortals, desires do not align with the Dragon of Time. Akatosh is a set apart deity, if deity is truly what we wish to define the Aedra as. I understand many do call them such. Maybe rightfully so, maybe not.
    There are two thoughts that occur to me on this subject. The one, that mere mortals wish to associate themselves with something far beyond anything they will ever achieve on their own. With no path to anything beyond the mundane, or even more so, no desire for anything more, these mortals instead gaze to the heavens and place their hopes into the beings best representing their wish. It has come to fruition in some cases.
    The other thought is those wishing to be more as well, yet looking for the path to actually achieve such, not merely associating with a being greater than they. It is not easy to achieve such, and there is whispers in hallowed halls of wisdom of people achieving the understanding of divinity, without the ability to absorb, comprehend, and ultimately deal with the knowledge that such provides. Yet if one can gain and garner the favor of the greater being, then they may well be able to achieve the higher level of knowledge without ultimately destroying themselves.
    All of this is is conjecture of course. The easy answer is simply that mortals must have something greater than they. It helps in keeping society in order, on a greater scale.
    I for one hold Akatosh in great regard, though find myself less and less worshipping such beings as much as admiring them for what they are, and what they represent.

Respectfully Your's,
    Ro
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    P.S.,
    If you are looking for a mathematical equation to justify an eternal being then you will have to delve into numerical solutions outside of finite calculations. I wish you the best on such.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Akatosh aka "Also Known As The Old Smaug Himself".
    I'll be going now... :)
    Huzzah!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)