Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please stop with the tanks in Imperial City

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's boring and no fun. If I can't kill you, and your damage is so low you can't even drop me below 98%, then what's the point? Just stop it.

Thank you in advance.
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fun for you but could be fun for them. Some people just enjoy being unkillable.

Different strokes for different folks.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fun for you but could be fun for them. Some people just enjoy being unkillable.

It can take a while, but they wear down eventually. I'm not entirely sure how that's fun, but each to their own I guess. You contribute nothing to the gameplay. If you want to feel like an unkillable god, then go slay some overland mobs.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if these tanks are doing a PvE quest while in IC. I don't think it takes much damage output to do some of the IC dailies. Might be their way to get their event ticket without dying.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ingenon wrote: »
    I wonder if these tanks are doing a PvE quest while in IC. I don't think it takes much damage output to do some of the IC dailies. Might be their way to get their event ticket without dying.

I think some of them are, and I don't mind those. I generally leave questers alone anyway. The ones I ran into today though were pvpers, probably looking for said questers to kill.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what happens when damage is high and every mag player is a bomber, people default to building wannabe tanks. Some people wear tank gear to avoid dying and you just get half-tanks that didn't want to commit.

How do you think werewolf tank meta became a thing? Wolves needed the tankiness cause regular dps builds would waste them and start making 45k health capped resistance builds.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

It can take a while, but they wear down eventually. I'm not entirely sure how that's fun, but each to their own I guess. You contribute nothing to the gameplay. If you want to feel like an unkillable god, then go slay some overland mobs.

I agree, there more like a pesky fly that keeps bothering you. I don't get it either but we're not here to determine what's fun or not fun for others.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish I knew how they did that. Even in my tankiest gear I get instasnuffed. :'(
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ingenon wrote: »

This was the first thought that came to me
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    It's boring and no fun. If I can't kill you, and your damage is so low you can't even drop me below 98%, then what's the point? Just stop it.

Thank you in advance.

Pls stop bombing people after killing boss. Its boring and 0 fun :)
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrMazurski wrote: »

Thank you in advance.

Pls stop bombing people after killing boss. Its boring and 0 fun :)

I think it's hilarious :)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    That's what happens when damage is high and every mag player is a bomber, people default to building wannabe tanks. Some people wear tank gear to avoid dying and you just get half-tanks that didn't want to commit.

How do you think werewolf tank meta became a thing? Wolves needed the tankiness cause regular dps builds would waste them and start making 45k health capped resistance builds.

This how I think it will play out. People generally don't like getting 1-shotted, which his happening a lot right now from the bombers. So the obvious response is to build more passive tankiness.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am a Tank because I am not interested in fighting you, I am there to fight Bosses and get Tel Var stones.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I am a Tank because I am not interested in fighting you, I am there to fight Bosses and get Tel Var stones.

That's fine. It's the ones who try to engage me that annoy me the most. Because if you have more than 40k health, I'm probably not even going to bother trying anyway :P
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you in advance.

I'll stop bringing tanks into ESO when gankers stop attacking from invis, and then invis'ing away to prevent a counter attack.

As it is, troll tanking gankers and locking them up in CC so they can't get away until either I or my allies can kill them is my favorite thing to do in PVP.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take my tank in there to do dailies. The idea is to survive the burst damage from gankers and then root them. With any luck someone will come along and kill them for me. I've just come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to be able to PvP against a professional DPS, so I'm just trying to last long enough that maybe some help will come along.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvPers: If you're going into IC or Cyrodiil to try to do PvE content you'd better be prepared to be attacked. Gear up for PvP areas so you're harder to kill if you wanna do that stuff.

PvEers: *gear up to be harder to kill*

PvPers: Not like that.

Edited by Minyassa on July 12, 2021 4:39PM
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you in advance.

Why do you even care?

Those people are like grass-eating herbivores in the pasture. Even if they bite, they have flat teeth. I simply ignore them and focus on kill squishier (and more dangerous) opponents and the bosses for drops.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)